• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My CM yield:

310 artifact
320 artifact
310 RL
313 Harrowed RL
320 Harrowed MG

i'll take it, even though because of no special >310 drop I'm only going from 312 to 313...

Take off the level and leave the light when the player reaches max level.

Interesting idea

This and put the grimoire score back on the emblem. I want every single random I come across to know I have no life outside of this game!

hahaha this was both a gift and a curse for me on Xbox. Opponents would think I'm a noobie at Trials with my super low grimoire, which was fun. On the flip side, I'd get booted from LFG teams on raids because they thought I was a noob.

wait, you guys are actually serious about them potentially nerfing the challenge loot?

There's no way they'd do that.

You know some people's mindset, no fun allowed! Most of that thought for this instance is probably caused by the Spindle fiasco.

EDIT: Thread still doesn't move as fast as it used to when I'd never get a double post regardless of how fast I replied.

LTWood12

wait, you guys are actually serious about them potentially nerfing the challenge loot?

There's no way they'd do that.

images

Never say never.

Well I think I puked out everything that was making me sick

Nami, Afro, I dunno if I'ma be able to raid today, Tired and sick, I'll let you guys know

Well I think I puked out everything that was making me sick

Nami, Afro, I dunno if I'ma be able to raid today, Tired and sick, I'll let you guys know

A few times that happened to me I felt better afterwards. Such a weird feeling.

I wanted to make a joke about canned heat or canned meat somewhere in there but my brain isn't up for the task today. I feel like passing out as well.

Hey all, a buddy and I are lookin for a few to do a fresh hard mode KF raid. Anyone down on ps4? My psn is Panjeet, here's who we got:

1. Panjeet
2. LilStearno

Thanks!

Challenge mode sounds like they contextualized the "Templar no Teleports" into an actual mechanic.

Which is cool, but hyping it up and making players wait for it does seem a bit disingenuous. But you know - setpectations and all that.

Challenge mode sounds like they contextualized the "Templar no Teleports" into an actual mechanic.

Which is cool, but hyping it up and making players wait for it does seem a bit disingenuous. But you know - setpectations and all that.

It's a time gate. At this point, it's Bungies MO with Destiny after the first year. That's how they can 'create' content without actually creating it.

Yeah, I think they could have presented it better in game. Instead of it seeming just like a tacked on modifier they could have made it is own selectable difficulty that spawns you right at warpriest. Now it just feels like something that should have been in since the beginning and shouldn't have taken this long to release, even though they have obviously been left till now so there isn't a massive gap between now and whatever they (hopefully) announce this weekend.

LTWood12

As funny as I thought the WP Challenge was when I first read about it this morning, that Datto video is awful form. I'm sure this is how I sound sometimes, so I'm going to try harder to not sound like that.

Ken

What's the state of Nightfalls these days? I haven't done a single Y2 NF yet and I've finally hit 292 light. Still possible to solo cheese some of them? I've heard that you don't get booted to orbit now but that the rewards are worse now too.

Then again I think I got 2 Alpha Lupis in one reset night back in Y1 so it can't get much worse.

E92 M3

All this whining will just force Bungie to make a cheap encounter. Honeslty, people like Datto are so jaded. Would love to see him run hard raid with an LFG group and not his usual crew. Raiding with a consistent group is much easier than constantly having to find new people. Bungie tries to make challenges that can be completed by individuals and groups of friends.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah, I think they could have presented it better in game. Instead of it seeming just like a tacked on modifier they could have made it is own selectable difficulty that spawns you right at warpriest. Now it just feels like something that should have been in since the beginning and shouldn't have taken this long to release, even though they have obviously been left till now so there isn't a massive gap between now and whatever they (hopefully) announce this weekend.
Admit it though, you were happy with your 320 loot when you ran it twice with us last night... ;-)

Lol

Datto thinks gatting the warpriests health would be a challenge

No you foolish child, that should've been normal mode.

Yeah, I would have liked it to be the same fight as it is on HM but he starts with all three totem abilities. Manageable but slightly more difficult, none of this 'oh golly, we have to change brand holders' 'mechanic'.

Yeah, I would have liked it to be the same fight as it is on HM but he starts with all three totem abilities. Manageable but slightly more difficult, none of this 'oh golly, we have to change brand holders' 'mechanic'.

Even that would be better. Destroy the totems to remove powers. Because he's shooting fire, lasers, and balls of darkness, it's a more difficult upfront fight.

And before anyone goes 'But-but-but that wouldn't be harder! It would be easy when you start taking out the totems!', no that's fine. It's fine to have a fight get easier if it starts at a bigger difficulty. The hard part would be figuring out which totem to take out first, and that's fine. Having him lose powers is fine.

I'm saying that last bit because I've brought up that idea before(He starts off with 3 powers) and people complained 'Uhhhh no it'll be easier boo hoo'. THIS FIGHT IS FREAKING CAKE AS IT IS NOW.

The whole idea of the Challenge mode of the raid bosses is flawed from the start.

You're basically trying to challenge the players who are already at the top of the leaderboards of your existing game, but not challenge them so hard that the items are only obtainable by the elite of the elite.

Like, I love the idea of more end-game content, but this doesn't seem to be the answer. This seems to be a distraction.

I realize this just sounds like more negative shitposting, and maybe it is (I'm having a shitty week, and I might reflect back on this later and change my mind).

I guess I would have preferred something like a PvE event like Iron Banner or something.

Like, a new vendor comes to the Tower, has the following bounties
  • Complete the Warpriest challenge
  • Complete the Golgoroth Challenge
  • Complete the Oryx Challenge
  • Complete all King' Fall Challenges on Normal
  • Complete All King's Fall Challenge's on Hard Mode
  • Reach Light Level 315

The event lasts a week, and blah blah blah, you get the picture.

I really don't know why I'm in such a pissy mood, so I'm sorry of my posts are coming off dickish in any way.

Even that would be better. Destroy the totems to remove powers. Because he's shooting fire, lasers, and balls of darkness, it's a more difficult upfront fight.

And before anyone goes 'But-but-but that wouldn't be harder! It would be easy when you start taking out the totems!', no that's fine....THIS FIGHT IS FREAKING CAKE AS IT IS NOW.

Agreed, though it is intended to be easier (lower light requirement) as it is the gateway boss. I never expected the Warpriest challenge to be that hard, expecting to be more satisfied with Golgoroth and it will be interesting to see what they change for Oryx (please don't just be multiple runners).

spyder_ur

Again, disappointment tied to unrealistic expectations seems to be the reaction. The weird thing is this doesn't even seem to be a thing Bungie hyped that much at all. I'm looking forward to doing it and getting the loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom