• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

I kind of hoped there'd be a resurrected Crota in the fight. At 25% health WP calls upon the Darkness and resurrects Crota. Swordbearer spawns. Glyph sequence starts when Swordbearer goes down. Have to be in the aura to get Crota's shield down w/ one person running sword. On a well timed run he goes down in six R2s. Then focus DPS back on WP.

Doing it properly he'd be easy to kill, but there's a big freak out factor and coordination involved.

edit:Top of page Crota raid gear w/ sunsetting shader. So good.
G8tKVw0l.jpg

Again, disappointment tied to unrealistic expectations seems to be the reaction. The weird thing is this doesn't even seem to be a thing Bungie hyped that much at all. I'm looking forward to doing it and getting the loot.

i ain't disappointed but it's probably because i've been so far removed from King's Fall for the last two months now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I always though Oryx would be a fast flying jeeper creepers wannabe and a Nighstalker would have to shoot him down, lighting keeps him still while sunbreakers smashes his face in.

spyder_ur

i ain't disappointed but it's probably because i've been so far removed from King's Fall for the last two months now.

I haven't raided since Fallout came out, so looking forward to getting back in and this brings a good reason to do so.

I mean, this isn't some kind of incredible content but I can't see why anyone was expecting more.

By the way you were a god damn hero in Trials this weekend - was a pleasure watching.

Am I disappointed with the challenge mode? Not really. I am kind of over KF already.

I won't even run the full thing tonight. Probably just challenge mode and trials going forward.

I guess I'll play a bit more when the old/new exotics are dropped, but even then...getting everything up to 310+ is kind of a chore still. I still miss the old system of getting to max level and all the high level gear dropped at that. I am so overburdened with stuff in my vault and saving weapons that might be the next big thing in future balance patches. It's frustrating still.

I haven't raided since Fallout came out, so looking forward to getting back in and this brings a good reason to do so.

I mean, this isn't some kind of incredible content but I can't see why anyone was expecting more.

By the way you were a god damn hero in Trials this weekend - was a pleasure watching.

Expecting more then running the fight basically the same as normal, how is that unreasonable? Did you really expect when they were announced that the fight would be the same for the Challenge?

E92 M3

I kind of hoped there'd be a resurrected Crota in the fight. At 25% health WP calls upon the Darkness and resurrects Crota. Swordbearer spawns. Glyph sequence starts when Swordbearer goes down. Have to be in the aura to get Crota's shield down w/ one person running sword. On a well timed run he goes down in six R2s. Then focus DPS back on WP.

Doing it properly he'd be easy to kill, but there's a big freak out factor and coordination involved.

edit:Top of page Crota raid gear w/ sunsetting shader. So good.
G8tKVw0l.jpg

I used to use Sunsetting all the time back in the day. Good times.

spyder_ur

Expecting more then running the fight basically the same as normal, how is that unreasonable? Did you really expect when they were announced that the fight would be the same for the Challenge?

Yeah, pretty much. Just as I expected that normal to hard mode changes would be pretty minimal. Thought maybe there'd be a burn modifier or something.

Also, the biggest complaint about the raid I think are the RNG on RNG drops. This solves that, which I thought people would be a bit happier about.

phen0m24

Is too late. Drizz, maybe I can find you later in the week? Tonight?

Maybe?

No I never resubmitted the video to Reddit. Twice bitten twice shy yo

This and put the grimoire score back on the emblem. I want every single random I come across to know I have no life outside of this game!

This. Please.

So, does challenge mode grant any additional grimoire? I haven't seen any mention of it, so I'm thinking the answer is no.

so i have not done hard mode at all. ruh roh.

is warpriest any different?

Warpriest's rockets shoot a bit faster, and after each cycle, he gains a different ability (mortar fire, blinding ball, homing missiles). I forget what else if anything...

Yeah, pretty much. Just as I expected that normal to hard mode changes would be pretty minimal. Thought maybe there'd be a burn modifier or something.

Also, the biggest complaint about the raid I think are the RNG on RNG drops. This solves that, which I thought people would be a bit happier about.

The loot is fantastic. A major improvement to a serious issue with the raid. The "challenge" gameplay part is not good because it's ~unchanged.

There're two different components. People are excited if they're more interested in loot, disappointed if they're more focused on the gameplay.

Personally I wasn't disappointed considering how little was changed from NM to HM. I always viewed the Challenges as reimagining the Templar No Teleport chest. The loot was a nice bonus and a hopeful indicator for future loot tables.

I think Golgoroth CM will be the best one. Oryx won't feel much different for people with regular groups, but could be murder for PUGs.

SnakeEyes

Banned
so i have not done hard mode at all. ruh roh.

is warpriest any different?
After each Pillar destruction, he gains a different Taken power (Captain void balls, Knight fire blasts, Vandal tracking arrow blasts) but other than that, the encounter is not tackled any differently. Weapons of Light bubbles, Tethers, Snipers, as per usual.

Ghazi

People need to realize that there comes a point where they can only add so many extra things to the encounter before it becomes bullshit or too hard for the intended audience. Warpriest is just an easy fight, I'm guessing we'll be complaining about how hard Oryx is in a few weeks.

This. Please.

So, does challenge mode grant any additional grimoire? I haven't seen any mention of it, so I'm thinking the answer is no.

Warpriest's rockets shoot a bit faster, and after each cycle, he gains a different ability (mortar fire, blinding ball, homing missiles). I forget what else if anything...

There is Grimoire, from the calcified fragment you get.

Deku Tree

With all these 320 power items floating around now, whatever they do in 2016 I believe they will raise the light level cap in early 2016.

spyder_ur

People need to realize that there comes a point where they can only add so many extra things to the encounter before it becomes bullshit or too hard for the intended audience. Warpriest is just an easy fight, I'm guessing we'll be complaining about how hard Oryx is in a few weeks.

I'll probably be right there for that, because Oryx is a convoluted bullshit fight which is only exacerbated on hard mode. I still have only cleared it once and still haven't with my regular raid group.

Am I disappointed with the challenge mode? Not really. I am kind of over KF already.

I won't even run the full thing tonight. Probably just challenge mode and trials going forward.

I guess I'll play a bit more when the old/new exotics are dropped, but even then...getting everything up to 310+ is kind of a chore still. I still miss the old system of getting to max level and all the high level gear dropped at that. I am so overburdened with stuff in my vault and saving weapons that might be the next big thing in future balance patches. It's frustrating still.
Nah I still don't have any desires to do it. Don't see a point in getting to a higher light level once you hit 311+. Don't care about grimoire cards or cosmetics. Atleast for myself there is no loot drive anymore. If I do play its for fun. Will most likely remain that way until destiny 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom