• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

because jesus has come to take u

Totem of Ruin activates after 6 deaths during Golgi, causes slow team wipe where everyone starts going blind and eventually dies. Same thing happens at enrage timer.

Each death lights up one of the 6 runes on the tablet.

Enrage or 6 deaths during the encounter.

But we beat him. It happened after he was dead.

I don't think we had six deaths... although some people died as Golgoroth was dying so IDK...

LTWood12

Yeah I didn't see a chest either, just walked over to a purple engram and it gave me the challenge mode drops.

Is that an open chest like the one at totems/oryx, or do you have to physically open it, like the hidden shard chests?

It's an open chest like Oryx

E92 M3

CVMHAWKWsAEEzof.jpg

Why does that happen?

21-SLUS_006.69_28072007_045615_0852.jpg

Yeah I didn't see a chest either, just walked over to a purple engram and it gave me the challenge mode drops.

Is that an open chest like the one at totems/oryx, or do you have to physically open it, like the hidden shard chests?

The chest despawns pretty quickly so it's easy to miss. Then the engrams are just left sitting on the ground.

Edit: woah Xenogears references up in here.

Afrocious

almost just spit water all over my desk...

dude go to a redbox and get the uncharted collection so you can access the beta when it drops

dunno if you ever played any UC multiplayer but Naughty Dog knocked it out the park for UC2 and eventually UC3.

i have no doubt in my mind that uc4's mp is going to kill off a nice portion of destiny players on ps4

dude go to a redbox and get the uncharted collection so you can access the beta when it drops

dunno if you ever played any UC multiplayer but Naughty Dog knocked it out the park for UC2 and eventually UC3.

i have no doubt in my mind that uc4's mp is going to kill off a nice portion of destiny players on ps4

Hm. When does it drop? This weekend?

Edit: Cause I might only have time for some Trials this weekend.

Strider

eeeeehhhhh you think so? I think it'll be fun but for a lot of people they'll probably get tired of it after a bit and return to their usual MP games such as Destiny and CoD

Afrocious

Hm. When does it drop? This weekend?

Edit: Cause I might only have time for some Trials this weekend.

It drops tomorrow and lasts for 10 days I think.

eeeeehhhhh you think so? I think it'll be fun but for a lot of people they'll probably get tired of it after a bit and return to their usual MP games such as Destiny and CoD

Maybe I spoke too soon then. I will say UC2 and UC3 had some serious lasting power.

Zoba & Nami post less plz. I want to see Drizzay be the top poster at least once.

Lol woah, am I actually in the running? Man the thread really is slow. That's a good question though, I don't think I've ever been top poster. Nami and Lik have had it on lockdown for extended periods. I remember you were often second most posts.

I'd bet money that I've had "most words written" in a few OTs :p

My favorite JRPG

Me too! PogChamp BloodTrail

LordofPwn

Helmet is such a killer for me. I've gotten Harrowed helmets at <312 twice.

Wait it out :) No harm done.

I've gotten 3 helmets from hard mode. 311, 312, 312. my 318 helm on my hunter was from IB. i've missed out on 2 oryx kills. hoping Oryx challenge is either a guaranteed helm at 320 or guaranteed primary at 320. which i've only gotten 4 primary hard mode drops in all of those kills.

^ Edit: yeah, there's an extra chest that spawns on the Warpriest platform when you kill him using the Challenge Mode method. Gives the 310 and 320 guaranteed items plus a chance for a 310-320 exotic.

Wow! 320 exotic primary. I still don't have a 320 primary...

Also that's a great picture. Really helps you appreciate the enemy character design.

Like DJ and Trance said, go Malice. Since exotics only infuse up 4 light, you're gonna need to infuse that 315 Malice twice to hit 320 so might as well start the process now.

But is Malice worth it to upgrade to 320, when its used 10 min a week on Oryx?

Challenge mode loot:

320 Harrowed Sniper
314 Harrowed Sniper
310 Machine Gun
300 Machine Gun
320 Scroll of Eimin-Tin (Artifact)
310 Scroll of Eimin-Tin (Artifact)

So basically, I have a 319 Black Spindle now.

I already had a 319 Quillem's so that was a bust, plus those rolls? Jesus...

Of course the 320 artifact was nice, but I don't like the stats (INT and STR), and the chance on melee kill to make orb when killing taken...

Oh well.

I got my grimoire, so I'm pleased.

E92 M3

I'm thinking of replacing my raid scout with the Suros Dis 47. Both are auto, but the Suros might be the better weapon overall.

the_id

Just listened to Datto's video and I agree with him 100%.
Yeah. All his points are spot on. And he sounds very disappointed. i hope bungie listens.

And you know what, I suspect the other challenge modes will be a disappointment too and I think the engine will be the main cause of it. Making changes to the game doesn't seem to be easy.

lt519

yes. because oryx and daughters are the only places where you get a benefit from being over 315 light.

Why 315? What's the light level damage progression for being over-leveled? I know in the past it was like 15% extra damage per player level up to two levels?

The Gjallarhorn glove artifact for the hunter looks badass. I got a 107 intellect roll on mine, too.

Yeah, it makes me wish that they were shown on your character. It's soooo lame. They probably were added last minute....

Or atleast if it replaced a piece of armor. Like the glove artifact could replace one glove, or the Titan scroll could I dunno, show up on his belt..

Afrocious

Knocked out 24 crucible matches in the past two days. Dunno if I'll be up to play tonight though since I'm heading to a bar to watch all three of the Star Wars original trilogy movies.

My KDR went up 0.02 points so that's nice.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This game keeps giving me high light level primaries, but none of them are crappy enough to use for infusing. First world problems I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom