• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, I have a 319 raid auto rifle I want to infuse should I infuse it into:

A 318 hung jury?
A 315 TOM
A 314 nerwind pulse rifle
A 310 Suros
A 310 Monte Carlo
A 310 super cell
Or save it till after the update and maybe put it into a hand cannon like Hawkmoon or the FWC hand canon?

Any other thoughts?

Ryck

The one with Hammer Forged and HLS, it has Secret Rounds that increase the RoF tho.
I got that one but everyone seems to think the one with Hidden Hand is better.

:(

Somebody in a Twitch stream chat (super reliable source of course) said they got a 318 Graviton from the Challenge chest. Is that possible? Everyone from our groups got 310 exotics only so I assumed it was like the Mercury chest and not Trials silver package.
Challenge chest?

^ Edit: yeah, there's an extra chest that spawns on the Warpriest platform when you kill him using the Challenge Mode method. Gives the 310 and 320 guaranteed items plus a chance for a 310-320 exotic.

My friend got a 320 zhalo from the chest. It said:

"Player found Zhalo Supercell" at the bottom of the screen just like if he found an exotic at the gorgons chest.

Top page edit: the most terrifying enemy in destiny

[sweet Captain pic]

Wow! 320 exotic primary. I still don't have a 320 primary...

Also that's a great picture. Really helps you appreciate the enemy character design.

Any other thoughts?

Like DJ and Trance said, go Malice. Since exotics only infuse up 4 light, you're gonna need to infuse that 315 Malice twice to hit 320 so might as well start the process now.

Bungie is smart to not balance the encounters - which are already not played by many - towards only the elite. PUG and premade ones need to be able to do it. Right now, even HM Oryx still gives LFG groups a ton of problems.

I think challenge mode just needs to be a bit more creative, but fair. Unfortunately, the Live Team can't do stuff like that.

I wouldn't have a problem with challenge mode if Hard Mode was actually hard though.

Like Warpriest. If his HM fight was in the normal mode, that would be completely fine. It's not all that challenging.

And if you balance towards PUGs then...well..that's bad balancing. It's ok to spend time learning and doing a boss. This fascination people have with clearing a raid the first day it's out is weird to me. In a game like WoW, you spend time learning the fights and executing on them, and it usually takes weeks to be able to do a hard mode version of the raid. Premade groups will sooner or later get it, much faster than a PUG, simply because the people working together know how to work together. Hard mode should be challenging, so adding a 'Challenge mode' to an already easy hard mode ain't nothing.

Namikaze1

Winterborn Mark? Maybe I should go log in and buy it...

Nah.

Anyway, I just started up Bloodborne after a long long time. And I don't even have the DLC.

I'm already dead.

E92 M3

Watch 50 calcified fragments give a harrowed touch of malice at 320.

That would be too cool of a reward.

I wouldn't have a problem with challenge mode if Hard Mode was actually hard though.

Like Warpriest. If his HM fight was in the normal mode, that would be completely fine. It's not all that challenging.

And if you balance towards PUGs then...well..that's bad balancing. It's ok to spend time learning and doing a boss. This fascination people have with clearing a raid the first day it's out is weird to me. In a game like WoW, you spend time learning the fights and executing on them, and it usually takes weeks to be able to do a hard mode version of the raid. Premade groups will sooner or later get it, much faster than a PUG, simply because the people working together know how to work together. Hard mode should be challenging, so adding a 'Challenge mode' to an already easy hard mode ain't nothing.

It's hard for many. The raid is balanced well for all kinds of people. And I don't want Destiny to be anything like WoW - Destiny already takes a lot of time.

Does anybody else need the Warpriest Challenge? one spot open, helping my friends out. Doing it three times, join KeanBurke if you want.

I've been off of Destiny for almost a week now! I was getting fatigued, so I took a break to play GTA Online & Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. I meant to buy the Fourth Horsemen last weekend, but figured that I'd never used it and it wasn't worth the coins.

Holy cow, Tfue just got hosed out of WF Oryx Solo. Had 13 blights damage, solo'ed two Shades, only had to stagger Doxology w Sleeper then get 3 easy bombs then stagger Last Stand.

He got physic'ed by Oryx's hand after the slam, right before his chest opens. Wtf.

Does anybody else need the Warpriest Challenge? one spot open, helping my friends out. Doing it three times, join KeanBurke if you want.

Loading CP now.

Number45

I've been off of Destiny for almost a week now! I was getting fatigued, so I took a break to play GTA Online & Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. I meant to buy the Fourth Horsemen last weekend, but figured that I'd never used it and it wasn't worth the coins.
I had a 310 drop, infused it into my Telesto. Might regret it down the line, but I don't like shotguns at all in this game let alone those with an insanely fast RoF.

Holy cow, Tfue just got hosed out of WF Oryx Solo. Had 13 blights damage, solo'ed two Shades, only had to stagger Doxology w Sleeper then get 3 easy bombs then stagger Last Stand.

He got physic'ed by Oryx's hand after the slam, right before his chest opens. Wtf.

Loading CP now.
Okay, thanks a lot.

LTWood12

I'm loving my Red Death in PvE but can't decide whether I should infuse it above 310 or not. I'm worried about that impending 8% damage reduction.

Loading CP now.

stream link pls

do you have hm totems by any chance? i grabbed wp from you yesterday but want the totems, can't miss the weekly chance of not getting a 320 ghost

^ Edit: yeah, there's an extra chest that spawns on the Warpriest platform when you kill him using the Challenge Mode method. Gives the 310 and 320 guaranteed items plus a chance for a 310-320 exotic.

Really? That's weird. I got my challenge rewards off his corpse. I didn't even see a chest, but I did leave early. Maybe not getting the chest is my just desserts for leaving my team after only one run.

Afrocious

H E L L Y E S

I've never really play UC multiplayer but loved TLOU MP. I'm in for taunts and hats at the least

Oh man. You're in for a treat. UC2 and UC3 had a ton of crazy shit like that.

Yeah I'll probably jump in and try it out. I was always more into the co-op/survival stuff, but i'll try some pvp.

Awesome. I liked the co-op too.

Is it open or pre-order bonus? Never tried UC mp.

AFAIK you just need to have the collection to be able to download the beta. I just went to a redbox to pick up the UC collection.

LTWood12

Really? That's weird. I got my challenge rewards off his corpse. I didn't even see a chest, but I did leave early. Maybe not getting the chest is my just desserts for leaving my team after only one run.

There was a chest. That's where the 320 stuff came from.

Strider

Oh man. You're in for a treat. UC2 and UC3 had a ton of crazy shit like that.

Any game that allows me to down someone and dance over their body before I finish them off is good with me
goodjob.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom