• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
For PVP. I need a good trials gun. I have a luck in the chamber eirene rr4 already.

What's so good about it again? It doesn't have shortgaze unless I'm at the wrong vendor

Taken War Earth quest reward gives a better 1kYS for PvP. Vendor version is better for PvE.

Glad someone finally solo'ed Oryx. The clan war stuff is real dumb though. I watched Tfue kill the shade many times yesterday but that guys post acted like him and one other clan mate were the only ones. Whatever, Destiny drama is boring.

stay gold

How easy is Crota to solo without a Gjallarhorn? I wouldn't mind bashing through it if it'd only take like 1-1.5 hours, just so I've experienced it.

LTWood12

Taken War Earth quest reward gives a better 1kYS for PvP. Vendor version is better for PvE.

Glad someone finally solo'ed Oryx. The clan war stuff is real dumb though. I watched Tfue kill the shade many times yesterday but that guys post acted like him and one other clan mate were the only ones. Whatever, Destiny drama is boring.

It is really fucking stupid.

For people who have done the RAF program...

My coworker is picking up a copy of TTK tonight.

He needs to play it once and then I send him the link correct? After that we have unlimited time to complete the quest?

Strider

I got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning.

This shit sucks.

I wanna do the warpriest challenge and play UC4 beta but I don't feel like talking because it hurts lol

I hope some of you will be up to help me do it this weekend. I lost my checkpoint too tho :(

Kaiken

Banned
How easy is Crota to solo without a Gjallarhorn? I wouldn't mind bashing through it if it'd only take like 1-1.5 hours, just so I've experienced it.

Pretty damn easy with our light levels now. Someone killed Crota solo blind folded not long ago.

Deku Tree

How do you kill the shade solo? And do you know how do you cheese the shade? Curious... thanks!

Lol what's a Gjallarhorn?

Crota is super easy to solo these days. You can take his shield down with the Raze Lighter exotic sword heavy attack. If people want the Crux just bring one friend along to make it a total joke. Takes like 25 minutes to solo or duo the whole raid.

Crota's End is actually a really fun activity for 1-2 people. It just never made sense as a 6-person raid.

noomi

il_340x270.653337222_r3lf.jpg
+
reviewimage3169.jpg

=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T53Vx5InPXo

Mindlog

Still pretty easy. Gjallarhorn actually started bugging for me last time I did it. The Seeker rounds would all hit simultaneously and by the time I fired a second shot Crota's shields were already regenerated.

Some of the easier methods:
Hunters can down shields with cloak and Dark-Drinker or Raze-Lighter.
Titans can drop a Bubble on the bridge just outside of aggro range and use whatever weapon they want.
Warlocks are the tried and true. Starfire Protocol with burning fusion grenades are perfect for making sure his shields go down right as you reach him.

Sleeper Simulant is very very very effective during the Ir Yut encounter.

How do you kill the shade solo? And do you know how do you cheese the shade? Curious... thanks!

Sniper crit shots. Especially with the Triple Tap 1kYS giving ammo back, you can solo the shade as long as you get 3-5 crits on him each time he rotates. Then jump over his head as soon as he enters so you aren't wasting time with him floating around. Keep rotating around the edge of the bubble so the Thralls don't gang up on you.

Shade cheese was to switch to Bad Juju, kill the Thralls to get your super back then suicide. You respawn outside the bubble and the fight continues. The problem is that the Shade Bubble doesn't go away. So Ogres would actually wander into it and get eaten up so you couldn't kill them for the blights or for super energy. The bubble would also be in the way for Last Stand.

That Ehroar guy got all 16 blights of damage 5 times. But he could never get his super back for the final self-res because he cheesed the shade and then the bubble would eat some Ogres. He would have been World's First like a week ago if he had just sniped the shade.

stay gold

Lol what's a Gjallarhorn?

Crota is super easy to solo these days. You can take his shield down with the Raze Lighter exotic sword heavy attack. If people want the Crux just bring one friend along to make it a total joke. Takes like 25 minutes to solo or duo the whole raid.

Crota's End is actually a really fun activity for 1-2 people. It just never made sense as a 6-person raid.

Haha I know, I know. I just figured since LL stops mattering at an early point against weak enemies, Gjally was probably still the go to for old content.

Although thinking about it i could just destroy him with a Celestial Nighthawk shot.

Don't have a Raze Lighter either. Too grindy for me.

LTWood12

I got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning.

This shit sucks.

I wanna do the warpriest challenge and play UC4 beta but I don't feel like talking because it hurts lol

I hope some of you will be up to help me do it this weekend. I lost my checkpoint too tho :(

Them narcotics tho'

quest 1kys reward has a better roll

What are the perks is it all the same?

Is the maintenance today for the big patch w the weapon balancing and new exotics? Or it's just another server maintenance thing?

Haha I know, I know. I just figured since LL stops mattering at an early point against weak enemies, Gjally was probably still the go to for old content.

Although thinking about it i could just destroy him with a Celestial Nighthawk shot.

Don't have a Raze Lighter either. Too grindy for me.

Yeah there are a ton of options honestly. Anything with DoT will make it easy as well. Incendiary throwing knife on Hunter or Fusion grenade w burn on Warlock then shoot him with whatever. Or a Nighthawk is good except only for one down. Lots of possibilities, just experiment and use whatever seems fun.

Is the maintenance today for the big patch w the weapon balancing and new exotics? Or it's just another server maintenance thing?

Yeah there are a ton of options honestly. Anything with DoT will make it easy as well. Incendiary throwing knife on Hunter or Fusion grenade w burn on Warlock then shoot him with whatever. Or a Nighthawk is good except only for one down. Lots of possibilities, just experiment and use whatever seems fun.

I hope its for all

Deku Tree

I guess the Big patch is on Monday or probably more likely Tuesday. They often do server maintenance a few days before a big patch. But it's really just a guessing game.

Cruxist

Ran HM Warpriest challenge last night. First time stepping into HM at all. I never wanted to before since the loot was so inconsistent. Finished the challenge and then ran up to the exotic chest since its so easy.

Got some amazing drops. Apart from my guaranteed stuff from Challenge Mode, I got a 317 sniper that went into Spindle, and Golgy dropped 319 boots, which was 20 light higher than what I was running. So I'm pretty pleased.

What are the perks is it all the same?

Same quest reward for everyone.

Shortgaze, Last Resort, Rifled Barrel and Firefly.

SG and RB are the keys. SG is best PvP scope imo. Slightly less AA than the Longview but also less zoom, the Longview is too zoomed in for most maps. RB is important because the Range stat actually improves hit detection/target acquisition/aim assist, whatever you want to call it. Higher range gives a bigger cone of hit detection from aiming you're gun, so it's more forgiving for deciding whether or not you actually shot somebody.

I tried many PvP snipers, including several 1k YS with Hot Swap or Hidden Hand, and I always come back to the quest Stare. It just has the best feel. I'd love a Shortgaze-Snapshot/Rifled Barrel-Hidden Hand Stare but until then the quest reward does real well.

SonComet

The Nechrocasm is fucking awesome. Used it this morning and holy shit. People don't know what the fuck to do when they get shot by it. I've never had so many 1v1 firefights where the other person just quit shooting.
The mythoclast is similar. The TTK is so much faster than these pulse rifles that it's pretty easy to wreck with it in rumble. Especially inferno rumble.

Namikaze1

Off topic but I recently came back from an appointment. Been having problems hearing through my right ear for the past week and a half. Got scared thinking it was signs of tinnitus due to some ringing noises early on. Thankfully, doc says it's not.

E92 M3

I guess the Big patch is on Monday or probably more likely Tuesday. They often do server maintenance a few days before a big patch. But it's really just a guessing game.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if the big update is next week. Always thought it would land in the middle of December.

Off topic but I recently came back from an appointment. Been having problems hearing through my right ear for the past week and a half. Got scared thinking it was signs of tinnitus due to some ringing noises early on. Thankfully, doc says it's not.

I've been having ringing in my left year and will also be going to an ENT. Though, it's probably Tinnitus lol.

Shiv47

So I have a friend who's been playing Destiny (including TTK) on 360, and just got a Ps4 and TTK on Black Friday. Will there be a problem doing the Refer a Friend deal? Bungie's FAQ says something about the same console family being okay, but not crossing company systems. Can't see why that would make a difference, but one never knows.

Deku Tree

So I have a friend who's been playing Destiny (including TTK) on 360, and just got a Ps4 and TTK on Black Friday. Will there be a problem doing the Refer a Friend deal? Bungie's FAQ says something about the same console family being okay, but not crossing company systems. Can't see why that would make a difference, but one never knows.

Your friends progress on 360 does not transfer to PS4. It would transfer from PS3 to PS4.

You can still do RAF on PS4 as long as your friend clicks your link in the first seven days.

You would not have been able to do RAF on X1.

Shiv47

Your friends progress on 360 does not transfer to PS4. It would transfer from PS3 to PS4.

You can still do RAF on PS4 as long as your friend clicks your link in the first seven days.

You would not have been able to do RAF on X1.

Ah, cool. Yeah, we knew about the progress, he didn't care too much about that. He just wants to go where everyone's playing the game, more or less.

LTWood12

Hopefully it's something easily fixed. Sorry Nami that shit is scary.

Afrocious

It's your conscious trying to get through to you.

E92 M3

It's kinda scary how quickly Bungie can shut off Destiny on us. One day this whole game can vanish and none of our earnings will ever mean a thing.

Rather saddening.

Afrocious

It's kinda scary how quickly Bungie can shut off Destiny on us. One day this whole game can vanish and none of our earnings will ever mean a thing.

Rather saddening.

Walking around in a dead MMO server as the only player there since everyone else migrated to a new server for free? Yeah, that's something else.

How does Stillpiercer compare for PVP? I am finishing up that quest now and was wanting to use it in Trials since it can res snipe.

Stillpiercer is really good, it's a virtual copy of 1k YS. Same impact, RoF, stability and range. Negligibly faster relod (65 v 62) and less AA (51 v 56).

Only differences are scopes and perks. SP has worse PvP scopes (Field Choke is probably best) and mostly worse perks (Perfectionist is garbage, Self Spotter is the Keen Scout NStalker radar perk which I usually already have since I main NS).

Main reason to use SP is because it has Snapshot. Different players prefer different perks but this is a personal favorite of mine, also the reason why KJHovey likes SP best of Year 2 snipers (NLB is his overall favorite). Your_demize is another top player/streamer who mains Stillpiercer.

Snapshot is fantastic for aggressive, or at least mobile, players whose sniper is actually their primary. Not as much weapon swapping (QuickDraw) but lots of quick scope, ADS checks. Can't go wrong with either one.

E92 M3

Walking around in a dead MMO server as the only player there since everyone else migrated to a new server for free? Yeah, that's something else.

What do you mean? I've never played an MMO before and was just reflecting how in the long run we don't have a "save file" to hold on to.

Stillpiercer is really good, it's a virtual copy of 1k YS. Same impact, RoF, stability and range. Negligibly faster relod (65 v 62) and less AA (51 v 56).

Only differences are scopes and perks. SP has worse PvP scopes (Field Choke is probably best) and mostly worse perks (Perfectionist is garbage, Self Spotter is the Keen Scout NStalker radar perk which I usually already have since I main NS).

Main reason to use SP is because it has Snapshot. Different players prefer different perks but this is a personal favorite of mine, also the reason why KJHovey likes SP best of Year 2 snipers (NLB is his overall favorite). Your_demize is another top player/streamer who mains Stillpiercer.

Snapshot is fantastic for aggressive, or at least mobile, players whose sniper is actually their primary. Not as much weapon swapping (QuickDraw) but lots of quick scope, ADS checks. Can't go wrong with either one.

The deal breaker for me is the scope. I absolutely cannot stand the cross. Prefer a circle much more lol.

stay gold

How does Stillpiercer compare for PVP? I am finishing up that quest now and was wanting to use it in Trials since it can res snipe.

Stillpiercer is my go to atm. The + reticule is a little weird at first, but it's a nice gun if you can get used to it.

Kinda makes me wish I liked Bladedancer more, since snapshot + quickdraw is amazing.

Thank you for the detailed response!

I love snapshot on my current sniper. Would be hard for me to give it up.

Afrocious

Bungie, pls take note of a free taunt Naughty Dog packaged with UC4

BmyznOy.gif

What do you mean? I've never played an MMO before and was just reflecting how in the long run we don't have a "save file" to hold on to.

In a MMO, you're often in a city with hundreds of people running around mingling around, selling stuff, or idling. Imagine they're all gone one day and you're alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom