• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Trials/IB question. I have leftover unfinished bounties for both of these. Is it worth it to save them and turn them in when they pop up again?

Depends on the bounty. If it's one that gives marks then definitely. Keep any IB ones and Trials gold and silver package ones. Most the normal bounties that cycle through everyday aren't worth ditching more valuable ones for.

This doesn't cover sherpa-derps unfortunately. Even if I'm playing w two other vets for our first 3 trips, we still want to play only 21 games so we can get to the carries faster.

I don't see a legit 9-0 or a full 9-1 ever being required. Seven wins feels appropriately challenging without taking too long (60-90 minutes) or being unreasonable for carries.

Yea I guess my train of thought is, if the boons are going to be free, then might as well make it a 7 win card with the way our current boons are laid out. 7 wins and 4 loses. And 1 loss gets you to Mercury.

The non Mercury chests are maybe behind those doors that are guarded in the Reef.

7 win proposed system with taking out boons:
7-0 = Platinum Tier (Mercury, guaranteed exotic?)
7-1 = Gold Tier (Mercury?, small chance of exotic?)
7-2 = Silver Tier
7-3 = Bronze Tier

Current 9 win system with boons then:
9-0 = Platinum Tier (Mercury), loss boon
9-1 = Gold Tier
9-2 = Silver Tier
8 Wins = Bronze Tier

or

Keep it the way it is but have 4 losses be the max so you can go 9-3 for Bronze Tier.

I just hate having an 8-0 card and losing to final boss without nothing to show for it, but that's kind of the point.

Just suggesting a package of some sort for losing just 1 time after the mercy while still completing the wins.

The difficulty of getting that final win increased, so basically rewarded properly because regardless of losses, its still hard.

Axoman

I agree. I'm still thinking boots, chest, guantlets will be in the pool but not sure what else. I guess class item or ghost might. As long as it's not artifacts again I'm happy.

If they follow how Warpriest rewards are, you'd get a guaranteed armor piece and something out of the regular loot table, so a ghost or class item make sense for Golgoroth.

For Oryx, it will probably be guaranteed primary and armor, possibly weighted towards a helmet.

Hopefully the challenge rewards won't overlap and you'll be getting a total of 6 320 items from the 3 boss challenges.

k1t4j

Hey guys is anyone planning on doing the WP challenge?

I haven't played in a while but maybe if the whole thing is rather straight forward i would not mind trying it. I am only 311 since HM was never that kind to me before.....

Golgoroth Challenge Mode will drop artifacts again, count on it. It will be for the people who missed out on the artifact this week.

And I don't see Golgi dropping nothing but armor; NM, HM, and Challenge variants.

At least we'll get a guaranteed 320 armor piece.

Strider

Man I really have no idea which one of these games will win this award at the game awards:

BEST SHOOTER
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Treyarch/Activision)
Destiny: The Taken King (Bungie/Activision)
Halo 5: Guardians (343 Industries/Microsoft Studios)
Splatoon (Nintendo EAD Group No. 2/Nintendo)
Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE/Electronic Arts)

Played all of them besides Battlefront and all 4 of those games are good in their own way. I guess I don't really expect Splatoon to win in the end (because WiiU) but between the other 4 I've no idea which way the voters will go considering they all play very differently.

Kinda disappointed TTK wasn;t in the running for best soundtrack. I really enjoy it especially the final boss theme in the main story.

E92 M3

Man I really have no idea which one of these games will win this award at the game awards:

BEST SHOOTER

Played all of them besides Battlefront and all 4 of those games are good in their own way. I guess I don't really expect Splatoon to win in the end (because WiiU) but between the other 4 I've no idea which way the voters will go considering they all play very differently.

Hands down, Destiny is still the best shooter on the market. I can have fun using white weapons. Bungie did an outstanding job in that department.

LTWood12

I hope it's one piece of random 320 armor and one 320 class item. Artifacts again would be stupid.

It's possible the Golgoroth challenge mode could pull in the totems and Sisters loot pool since neither of those gets a challenge. I'm not counting on it though.

Ghazi

I hope Battlefront doesn't win anything. After spending extended time with it, I've realized that the only thing it accomplishes is looking and sounding gorgeous, everything else is garbage.

Strider

Hands down, Destiny is still the best shooter on the market. I can have fun using white weapons. Bungie did an outstanding job in that department.

And yes when focusing on just the shooting and shooting alone I agree with you but they are gonna vote for best overall game and not just focus on the shooting mechanics.

That's why Destiny lost last year

But of course in the end rewards really dont mean shit lol

GutZ31

Yeah I'm not going to go out of my way to cheese a nightfall. Me and T tried two manning it last night and said fuck it when we wiped at 97 on the Warsat after 5 or 6 attempts.
Yeah, it's not really fun when the encounter is stacked against you.
The Saber strike is one of those times where the idea sounds cool on paper, but in practice, it's completely a mess.
Story wise, it makes no sense that Rasputin wants your help, and the only way to enter his base is downing a warsat.
If he has the ability to down a satellite, and communicate directly with your ghost, you would think a simple "oh, you guys are here? I'll let you in the back, one sec".
That's just one of the convoluted mission building choices that I find annoying, but that wouldn't even be that much of an annoyance if the encounter was fun.
It's not fun.
Doing it at level 36, with taken enemies is almost just as bad as doing the nightfall.
Oh, it's very possible to get past it solo, but did you have to pop a bubble, self res, or go invisible?
Most likely, you are likely still going to have trouble even with one of those strategies.
2 manning the nightfall with 2 bubble Titans is still tough. Having juggler on adds to the stress, and makes the horde mode-esque encounter that much more of a chore.
3 manning the nightfall is the best possible odds, but still, it can quickly turn south with just one death.
The mobs have no volume gate, so they just keep coming at a constant rate. If this was changed, just to make sure you only had a set number of enemies allowed on the map at a given time, it would make the encounter much more manageable.

The most frustrating thing in my opinion is that you get thrown 7 ship loads of enemies, and the cover you could use to keep yourself alive is outside of the circle you need to stand in, that has a finite time limit or failure.

Laughlin

Depends on the bounty. If it's one that gives marks then definitely. Keep any IB ones and Trials gold and silver package ones. Most the normal bounties that cycle through everyday aren't worth ditching more valuable ones for.

Thanks. Don't really have a need for marks, but I'll keep the other ones around.

The Saber strike is one of those times where the idea sounds cool on paper, but in practice, it's completely a mess.
Story wise, it makes no sense that Rasputin wants your help, and the only way to enter his base is downing a warsat.
If he has the ability to down a satellite, and communicate directly with your ghost, you would think a simple "oh, you guys are here? I'll let you in the back, one sec".
That's just one of the convoluted mission building choices that I find annoying, but that wouldn't even be that much of an annoyance if the encounter was fun.
It's not fun.
Doing it at level 36, with taken enemies is almost just as bad as doing the nightfall.
Oh, it's very possible to get past it solo, but did you have to pop a bubble, self res, or go invisible?
Most likely, you are likely still going to have trouble even with one of those strategies.
2 manning the nightfall with 2 bubble Titans is still tough. Having juggler on adds to the stress, and makes the horde mode-esque encounter that much more of a chore.
3 manning the nightfall is the best possible odds, but still, it can quickly turn south with just one death.
The mobs have no volume gate, so they just keep coming at a constant rate. If this was changed, just to make sure you only had a set number of enemies allowed on the map at a given time, it would make the encounter much more manageable.

The most frustrating thing in my opinion is that you get thrown 7 ship loads of enemies, and the cover you could use to keep yourself alive is outside of the circle you need to stand in, that has a finite time limit or failure.

I always thought of it as opening the door is going to be a huge security breach, so better make sure these guys are worth it.

Last thing I want to do is open the door for some deadbeat guardian who die in the foyer and now I've got even more Fallen ripping my systems out.

Frenden

Banned
Stillpiercer is really good, it's a virtual copy of 1k YS. Same impact, RoF, stability and range. Negligibly faster relod (65 v 62) and less AA (51 v 56).

Only differences are scopes and perks. SP has worse PvP scopes (Field Choke is probably best) and mostly worse perks (Perfectionist is garbage, Self Spotter is the Keen Scout NStalker radar perk which I usually already have since I main NS).

Main reason to use SP is because it has Snapshot. Different players prefer different perks but this is a personal favorite of mine, also the reason why KJHovey likes SP best of Year 2 snipers (NLB is his overall favorite). Your_demize is another top player/streamer who mains Stillpiercer.

Snapshot is fantastic for aggressive, or at least mobile, players whose sniper is actually their primary. Not as much weapon swapping (QuickDraw) but lots of quick scope, ADS checks. Can't go wrong with either one.

Yuuuup. Snapshot is the make or break perk with me on Snipers. I think half the reason I haven't gelled with 2.0 is that I only got my first one with snapshot Tuesday--the gunsmith Eirene with Firefly, Snapshot, and Zen Moment.

I have a Quickdraw 1KYS, but it absolutely SUCKS compared to my god roll Her Benevolence for my playstyle. I've forced myself to use only Y2 guns in Crucible so that I don't shit the bed when power leveled enabled playlists come up, though.

Laughlin

Anyone want to run Warpriest challenge and possibly the rest of the hard mode tonight? I'll be on around 5:30 Central on Xbox.

Yea I guess my train of thought is, if the boons are going to be free, then might as well make it a 7 win card with the way our current boons are laid out. 7 wins and 4 loses. And 1 loss gets you to Mercury.

Edit nevermind

I just hate having an 8-0 card and losing to final boss without nothing to show for it, but that's kind of the point.

Just suggesting a package of some sort for losing just 1 time after the mercy while still completing the wins.

The difficulty of getting that final win increased, so basically rewarded properly because regardless of losses, its still hard.

I wish you'd left that tier breakdown in your post, I like that idea a lot. The only thing I'd change is to not have chests on Mercury. I hope this doesn't sound "elitist" but I think Mercury (the location, not the loot) is one of the best rewards in the game. It deserves its "mystique" and imo the juice is worth the squeeze for teams that finally make the trip.

Elitism Disclaimer: if anyone on PS4 hasn't been to Mercury send me a PM and we'll try to do a run this weekend. Assuming I can persuade TG/Rubnov/Wicked/Unstable/Taiste to help.

Anybody want to run HM challenge? Anybody got the checkpoint?

Still need CP? Could load it in a couple minutes.

Calling it now.

Challenge mode Golgoroth will drop 320 armor and weapon. The challenge will be either to have more than one gaze holder or have 2 and kill him within 6 pools of light. Or they will be lame and make it just like warpriest and have it be nobody can gold the gaze more than once.

Challenge mode sisters will drop 320 class item and weapon. No idea for the challenge on this one besides kill both sisters in one phase each. Or maybe, 2 people get torn between dimensions and you have to kill both sisters at the same time!

Challenge mode Oryx will drop 320 armor and a 320 primary weapon.
and if you have all 50 fragments a secret cut scene.
the challenge will be to have someone different get the artifact each time, and you have to detonate all 4 light orbs each time. No missing one.

Namikaze1

Whatever the doc did fucking helped. Hearing is almost completely back. But the ear fucking hurts.

I'll take the pain over not hearing shit any day.

BEST SHOOTER

Kinda disappointed TTK wasn;t in the running for best soundtrack. I really enjoy it especially the final boss theme in the main story.

Hard to say who will win. I could see Destiny or Splatoon. Destiny seems to have the best gunplay in most people's eyes given the thread we had the other day about it. Lots of industry people liked Splatoon so I don't think the WiiU will hurt it. Halo and BLOPS both have had mixed reception. Battlefront is fantastic technically with great graphics and audio but the shooting itself is not compelling.

Calling it now.

Challenge mode Golgoroth will drop 320 armor and weapon. The challenge will be either to have more than one gaze holder or have 2 and kill him within 6 pools of light. Or they will be lame and make it just like warpriest and have it be nobody can gold the gaze more than once.

Challenge mode sisters will drop 320 class item and weapon. No idea for the challenge on this one besides kill both sisters in one phase each. Or maybe, 2 people get torn between dimensions and you have to kill both sisters at the same time!

Challenge mode Oryx will drop 320 armor and a 320 primary weapon.
and if you have all 50 fragments a secret cut scene.
the challenge will be to have someone different get the artifact each time, and you have to detonate all 4 light orbs each time. No missing one.

Yeah, those are my expectations as well, although I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ghost and/or Class Armor added to Golgi. There isn't a Totems or Sisters challenge btw, the three bosses for CM leaked awhile back.

Figure Sisters won't have a challenge mode simply because there are only three calcified fragments (including Warpriest challenge) left. Also, they were passed up for the 310 artifact quest.

Well, would loved to be proved wrong, though. More loot for us.

LTWood12

It's not fun.

nailed it.

Yeah, those are my expectations as well, although I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ghost and/or Class Armor added to Golgi. There isn't a Totems or Sisters challenge btw, the three bosses for CM leaked awhile back.

Man, that kinda sucks no sisters. Really would be a challenge to do something like kill them both in one go. Maybe give you a double buff to make it possible.

Elitism Disclaimer: if anyone on PS4 hasn't been to Mercury send me a PM and we'll try to do a run this weekend. Assuming I can persuade TG/Rubnov/Wicked/Unstable/Taiste to help.

Does it count if we haven't been to Mercury in Year 2, or does Year 1 disqualify me?

please help me ;_;

Elitism Disclaimer: if anyone on PS4 hasn't been to Mercury send me a PM and we'll try to do a run this weekend. Assuming I can persuade Taiste to help.

Please make this happen

Edit The Saber strike was my very first Heroic strike, I was ready never to try any of the new ones after that

SnakeEyes

Banned
Whatever the doc did fucking helped. Hearing is almost completely back. But the ear fucking hurts.

I'll take the pain over not hearing shit any day.
Were you just sick, or did I miss some epic story about you nearly getting your ear shot off?! o_O

I haven't been to Mercury since TTK released, if that counts... :D

GutZ31

I always thought of it as opening the door is going to be a huge security breach, so better make sure these guys are worth it.

Last thing I want to do is open the door for some deadbeat guardian who die in the foyer and now I've got even more Fallen ripping my systems out.
That would be cool if you hadn't already been in his bunkers at least 4 other times saving his ass.

That doesn't sound like he would need to test you.

That would be cool if you hadn't already been in his bunkers at least 4 other times saving his ass.

That doesn't sound like he would need to test you.

Then he keeps you locked out of the basement proper until you literally have to blow his cooling vent open to get in.

THEN he directs you into his electricity tunnel.

bitsurugi

So ummm... yea, while TTK was awesome and way better then vanilla Destiny.... in this time last year at least we got a new content release and a raid.

And while we can all agree Crota's End is a let down... it still was a raid and before being trivialized and lately ridiculed to the end... it still was a raid.

Maaaaan, we need a new raid. Here, take my 20 $, make one, don't care if t can be done with drum bands, upside down or whatever in a year.... just.... raid... new guns... :/

GutZ31

Then he keeps you locked out of the basement proper until you literally have to blow his cooling vent open to get in.

THEN he directs you into his electricity tunnel.
The strike contradicts story, and itself multiple times.
I just don't feel like getting angry over all of them.

Ken

Still need CP? Could load it in a couple minutes.

TTK Mercury? I'm still leveling up though so I don't know if 292 is even helpful in Trials.

Strider

So ummm... yea, while TTK was awesome and way better then vanilla Destiny.... in this time last year at least we got a new content release and a raid.

And while we can all agree Crota's End is a let down... it still was a raid and before being trivialized and lately ridiculed to the end... it still was a raid.

Maaaaan, we need a new raid. Here, take my 20 $, make one, don't care if t can be done with drum bands, upside down or whatever in a year.... just.... raid... new guns... :/

Yea id gladly pay $20 for a new dlc (assuming it's not as shit as TDB) instead of this emote and live team stuff.

I hope Bungie shows something big at PSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom