• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Bungie, pls take note of a free taunt Naughty Dog packaged with UC4

BmyznOy.gif

In a MMO, you're often in a city with hundreds of people running around mingling around, selling stuff, or idling. Imagine they're all gone one day and you're alone.

That happened once - the servers glitched and I was alone everywhere. Very creepy indeed.

Afrocious

are downloadable taunts going to be a thing now

damn you destiny

damn youuuuuu

they were always a thing

uc3 gave the carlton dance for 2 dollars in a package of 5 other taunts

bungie pls

hell in uc3 it was appropriately called the carlton dance

and there were TWO of them

The UC4 taunts are ridiculously well made. The facial expressions are so fucking good.

If anyone has a gif of the apple taunt, that'd be great.

reKon

Banned
Finally bought this and started playing last night. First time playing since I played the shit out of both the alpha and the beta.

I'm kind of reluctant to straight up use the level 25 boost because I feel like I'll miss out on all the earlier content as it won't be worth playing anymore (unless I can just play on hard I'll still get decent XP). At the same time I do want to focus on maining one character, but I have no idea how long it will take to hit level 40.

Any thoughts on what I should do? Or at least easy to remember suggestions for me when it comes to leveling my characters and weapons?

Btw, I read that I should do as many bounties as possible each day, but I got fucking destroyed in my first crucible match yesterday..

Nightz

Finally bought this and started playing last night. First time playing since I played the shit out of both the alpha and the beta.

I'm kind of reluctant to straight up use the level 25 boost because I feel like I'll miss out on all the earlier content as it won't be worth playing anymore (unless I can just play on hard I'll still get decent XP). At the same time I do want to focus on maining one character, but I have no idea how long it will take to hit level 40.

Any thoughts on what I should do? Or at least easy to remember suggestions for me when it comes to leveling my characters and weapons?

Btw, I read that I should do as many bounties as possible each day, but I got fucking destroyed in my first crucible match yesterday..

Yes, bounties are the way to go. Once you hit 25 and start doing the Taken King stuff, the story missions should take you fairly close to 40.

Refer a friend is always an option *cough*

RIP your inbox regarding Refer a Friend. Good luck choosing someone :p

I'd definitely start with 1 character. I'd recommend saving the boost for an alt if you like it so much. I'd definitely do the story missions from vanilla onwards, and do it with that refer a friend person because playing with people make the experience SO much better.

Strider

they were always a thing

uc3 gave the carlton dance for 2 dollars in a package of 5 other taunts

bungie pls

hell in uc3 it was appropriately called the carlton dance

and there were TWO of them

I assume you're gonna be playing the beta throughout the weekend? Let's get a group going at some point.

Dgaf crucible trains need to start invading other games too yo

Afrocious

I assume you're gonna be playing the beta throughout the weekend? Let's get a group going at some point.

Dgaf crucible trains need to start invading other games too yo

yeah my weekend is gonna be trials first, then uc4. the thing about trials is that it's reliant on boons, and i dont get coins like that cause wins don't net you coins for whatever dumb reason.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
yeah my weekend is gonna be trials first, then uc4. the thing about trials is that it's reliant on boons, and i dont get coins like that cause wins don't net you coins for whatever dumb reason.

Buy a passage, lose 3 games on purpose? Like buying ~6 coins for some glimmer

So I'm trying out Black Ops 3 in this downtime. The "realistic difficulty" for the campaign is pretty ridiculous. I made it through WAW on Veteran and that was a test of patience, but I don't know if I'll be pushing through this. I need Destiny back.

Afrocious

Buy a passage, lose 3 games on purpose? Like buying ~6 coins for some glimmer

dunno if my pride will let me do that tbqh

nothing against you, but i find it dumb that's legit the fastest way to get coins.

so what if i didn't play destiny for a year? fuck that noise. almost makes me not wanna do trials. i dont have hundreds of coins stocked like some folks and wins don't grant any coins for whatever reason.

that's a long slow way to go to get under the warsat... just do it normally... it's really not that hard, especially this week with only void burn.
Yeah, I wouldn't do it myself personally (NF isn't even worth the time anymore). But it's funny that people still figure this stuff out.

nothing against you, but i find it dumb that's legit the fastest way to get coins.

so what if i didn't play destiny for a year? fuck that noise. almost makes me not wanna do trials. i dont have hundreds of coins stocked like some folks and wins don't grant any coins for whatever reason.

Doing the crucible daily gives you coins, I think

I don't know why Bungie took out coins from Mercury - always used it as a refund for the passage.

Yeah this change never made sense, even at the time, and even less so now.

More importantly the Passage Coins need to just go away, like having to buy the IB Temperd Buff with Motes. Make Trials be 7 wins with a built-in Mercy, the whole "9-0!" silliness isn't fooling anyone by now.

Afrocious

More importantly the Passage Coins need to just go away, like having to buy the IB Temperd Buff with Motes. Make Trials be 7 wins with a built-in Mercy, the whole "9-0!" silliness isn't fooling anyone by now.

yeah seriously

imagine if you didn't have coins and everyone else you played with did.

it isn't fun in the slightest as you have to play harder than your teammates since you don't have any mercy or anything

i absolutely hate it. either let us use glimmer or scrap the whole mercy/extra win/two wins boon bullshit and make it 7 wins in a row

bitsurugi

This. Been saying it since HoW and the ''first'' coin change.

E92 M3

Yes, or alternatively make it where Mercy is automatically active and we have to win 9 games. Simplifies things.

Coins are looking a bit archaic now with the economy Bungie carved out for them.

It's dumb that you cant view your mercy anymore (whether or not it's active).

I guess passage coins prevents some people from restarting after a loss everytime and play cards out. Idk.

There's also the thought that if you're good enough to hardly ever get coins then you're good enough to take the risks of not having enough coins to buy the boons.

Great teams will still go 9-0 and without boons will be the "real challenge mode"

PvPMasterRace

I can see the arguments from both sides. I do like how iron banner has everything automatic.

Come on Deku the Warsat section is fucking awful.

It's one of the few strikes where you actually need to coordinate a bit. That said, it's still not fun. If the enemies spawned a bit farther back it would be fine. Also, when people are going this far out of their way to cheese it, that means the encounter just might need some reworking. Maybe. Yes. It does.

Do people think that next week's challenge mode (presumably Golgoroth) will give out artifacts again? I really hope it doesn't. This week gives guaranteed 320 artifact and heavy weapon or sniper right? So next week we can expect 320 boots, chest, or guantlets most likely.

Smiley90

Do people think that next week's challenge mode (presumably Golgoroth) will give out artifacts again? I really hope it doesn't. This week gives guaranteed 320 artifact and heavy weapon or sniper right? So next week we can expect 320 boots, chest, or guantlets most likely.

artifacts again would be SUPER stupid. I'm counting on some piece of armor/class item and maybe another special/heavy weapon. Then Oryx maybe armor/class item&primary

LTWood12

It's one of the few strikes where you actually need to coordinate a bit. That said, it's still not fun. If the enemies spawned a bit farther back it would be fine. Also, when people are going this far out of their way to cheese it, that means the encounter just might need some reworking. Maybe. Yes. It does.

It's not designed to need coordination. It's not designed at all. It's fucking fish in a barrel. I'd love to see a team get through it in the nightfall consistently without a Titan Bubble.

Smiley90

Are Shaxx weekly bounties repetitive? I'm wondering if I should hold onto some of them for next week and only turn in the "big" one - then I wouldnt have to do all 5/5 next week but would have some leftovers. Or would they likely reappear and I'd miss out on them anyway?

Ristlager

Quick question here. I just started playing the vanilla Destiny game (with all the updates). How much new stuff is there in "Fallen King" so early in the game? I was hoping it could show up as a 12 deals of christmas. Should I just buy it or is it enough to do in the vanilla version. I probably wont get much higher than level 20 before christmas.

Yes, or alternatively make it where Mercy is automatically active and we have to win 9 games. Simplifies things.

Coins are looking a bit archaic now with the economy Bungie carved out for them.

yea passage coins are ridiculous

its annoying how bungie needs to be yelled at for economy changes

You can also get a few coins from the lower tier trials bounties, but unfortunately you have to play a card to do that, so it doesn't help when you're completely coin poor.

Thursday is the worst. Anxiety kicks in for the BWU. Especially now that its December and i need this weapon patch more than anything.

Well actually fixing netcode would be my first priority. Every fucking final boss ive faced in year 2 except for 1, were red barring.

If you're red barring for more than a minute in a round, then you should get booted. And if you had a red bar for X amount of seconds and it's the 2nd occurance in the same match, cya.

artifacts again would be SUPER stupid. I'm counting on some piece of armor/class item and maybe another special/heavy weapon. Then Oryx maybe armor/class item&primary

I agree. I'm still thinking boots, chest, guantlets will be in the pool but not sure what else. I guess class item or ghost might. As long as it's not artifacts again I'm happy.

Deku Tree

Come on Deku the Warsat section is fucking awful.

IDK, I did it first or second try in all three of my NF's this week.

If you have arc burn it's crazy I agree.

But with Void Burn it's really not that bad IMO. Not bad enough to go flying to the other side of the earth map, and watch a video to learn how to climb through the background geometry in just the right way, just so you can skip a few fallen skiffs and Captian's.

Telesto FTW!!!

inthrall

Are Shaxx weekly bounties repetitive? I'm wondering if I should hold onto some of them for next week and only turn in the "big" one - then I wouldnt have to do all 5/5 next week but would have some leftovers. Or would they likely reappear and I'd miss out on them anyway?

Keep the leftovers, it means that if the new ones next week are terrible, you can hold off doing them for a week or two.

Also note that you can complete them, but it doesn't count as progress on the weekly quest until you cash the bounty in, so you can preload them too

There's also the thought that if you're good enough to hardly ever get coins then you're good enough to take the risks of not having enough coins to buy the boons.

Great teams will still go 9-0 and without boons will be the "real challenge mode"

PvPMasterRace

I can see the arguments from both sides. I do like how iron banner has everything automatic.

This doesn't cover sherpa-derps unfortunately. Even if I'm playing w two other vets for our first 3 trips, we still want to play only 21 games so we can get to the carries faster.

I don't see a legit 9-0 or a full 9-1 ever being required. Seven wins feels appropriately challenging without taking too long (60-90 minutes) or being unreasonable for carries.

Laughlin

Random Trials/IB question. I have leftover unfinished bounties for both of these. Is it worth it to save them and turn them in when they pop up again?

LTWood12

IDK, I did it first or second try in all three of my NF's this week.

If you have arc burn it's crazy I agree.

But with Void Burn it's really not that bad IMO. Not bad enough to go flying to the other side of the earth map, and watch a video to learn how to climb through the background geometry in just the right way, just so you can skip a few fallen skiffs and Captian's.

Telesto FTW!!!

Yeah I'm not going to go out of my way to cheese a nightfall. Me and T tried two manning it last night and said fuck it when we wiped at 97 on the Warsat after 5 or 6 attempts.

i need a damn helmet

ive only gotten one to drop from normal mode and none from hm

Smiley90

Keep the leftovers, it means that if the new ones next week are terrible, you can hold off doing them for a week or two.

Also note that you can complete them, but it doesn't count as progress on the weekly quest until you cash the bounty in, so you can preload them too

Okay yes that's what I was thinking - I just wasnt sure if they're very repetitive, so completing them but keeping them in the inventory would result in only 3 new ones available or so.

I am 4/5 on the weekly due to IB (or ToO? Not sure) bounties so I just need to do one and can store the rest

Thanks!

Am I the only one with a HM helmet oO

Random Trials/IB question. I have leftover unfinished bounties for both of these. Is it worth it to save them and turn them in when they pop up again?

Yep, the weekly IB and Trials bounties are always the same so you can keep the current progress you have to finish them quickly next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom