• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, think I'm almost about to hit 7 days since TTK activation - looking for a referrer for refer-a-friend if anyone's interested :)

I'm AEST timezone (Australia)

Your GAF Inbox will probably explode as a result of this! I have already done the RAF but feel free to add me, always good to have another Australian on the list.

PSN: Sentinalprimus

Hey guys, think I'm almost about to hit 7 days since TTK activation - looking for a referrer for refer-a-friend if anyone's interested :)

I'd help but my timezone (IST) would conflict with yours. There are quite a few people in the Oceania region here, so I'm guessing it would be easy for you to find someone.

Also must be 318 and have 320 Touch of Malice

KIDDING

Oh wait, I didn't read the prerequisites

DestinyGAF's favorite raid group, the Fun Run, is looking for one more to do the King's Fall HM challenge. Going ASAP. If you have the checkpoint, that would be a big bonus and we will be extra nice to you.

Prerequisites: don't be a dick

PSN scarletham

sorry colonel, couldn't help you earlier, spent the whole day gardening. had weeds up to my knees, that's what happens when you leave your home for 6 weeks. the amount of spiders and other insects in those weeds....i'm gonna sit in the bathtub for an hour and then enjoy my dinner and fall asleep to some random movie on netflix..

Your GAF Inbox will probably explode as a result of this! I have already done the RAF but feel free to add me, always good to have another Australian on the list.

PSN: Sentinalprimus

Sentinal lay back, he's mine :p

PSN is ruthlesbarbarian, if you haven't picked some one yet for the RAF, I'm your guy. In Melbourne btw.

here's my code:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend?code=RAF-PA3-GL9-F7V

RAFed you!

From his post it looks like Sentinal has already done RAF - gotta share those sweet RAF rewards around haha (Sentinal if you haven't and I misread that - sorry!)

Hahah yeah you are correct, did it last week. You are in good hands, Ruthless has many connections, except to good internet :p

E92 M3

You've hit the RNG jackpot streak, I got 3 on Sunday and yesterday a perfect Ash Factory (hard launch, tripod, javelin and G&H) I couldn't even roll one like that in HoW

Ash Factory is already 320, no regrets

Why lol?

Also: Weekly update hypu today?

We were promised some information.

E92 M3

They're nerfing challenge mode drops
CSfK203UAAAkwID.png

Ghazi

Tuesday will be scrub Golgoroth day.
I anticipate a lot of wipes.
Everyone needs to learn to do it as Bungie intended. Lol
Two gazers isn't really even that hard. However, since it's hard mode we're talking about, unstable light on six total people is going to be annoying.

phen0m24

sorry colonel, couldn't help you earlier, spent the whole day gardening. had weeds up to my knees, that's what happens when you leave your home for 6 weeks. the amount of spiders and other insects in those weeds....i'm gonna sit in the bathtub for an hour and then enjoy my dinner and fall asleep to some random movie on netflix..

I thought you were kidding! Hehe ewww bugs

We got it done. It was fun. :)

Apparently my RNG is stuck on legendary gauntlets. All my legendary drops are fecking gauntlets.

Which is just great because I just bought a pair yesterday after grinding out marks trying to prep for my first nightfall.

Hopefully Xur is kind to my Warlock so I get over the edge.

Two gazers isn't really even that hard. However, since it's hard mode we're talking about, unstable light on six total people is going to be annoying.

What do you mean on 6 total people?

Unstable light can only debuff someone standing in the Light Pools. So if you have 2 Gazers, they'll never see the debuff.

Ghazi

What do you mean on 6 total people?

Unstable light can only debuff someone standing in the Light Pools. So if you have 2 Gazers, they'll never see the debuff.
You're going through six pools, you'll have three people doing DPS as you need two gazers and one person managing adds. That means you'll lose a lot of dps because someone will have to get out of the pool six times (one time for each pool), leaving you with two people doing damage on golgoroth for that time. It seems like the encounter will be a lot longer now with so many fewer people doing damage on the boss, which means the fire team has to be a lot more consistent about staying alive, dropping the next orb on time, getting clear of everyone if you have the debuff, and etc.

I worded my previous post poorly.

On second thought, though, the damage buff lasts a few seconds out of the pool and you can damage G with unstable light, so I suppose that makes up for it.

Tuesday will be scrub Golgoroth day.
I anticipate a lot of wipes.
Everyone needs to learn to do it as Bungie intended. Lol

I plan to hop on later that night once GAF and reddit figures out the strategy for sure. I'm not waking up early just to scrub it up all morning.

Afrocious

But which side is front and how many orbs is a cycle?

front being the orbs closest to the entrance (and I'll be damned if I argue with anyone about this nonsense) and a complete single cycle using all six orbs with an organized group with good timing will be nice.

front being the orbs closest to the entrance (and I'll be damned if I argue with anyone about this nonsense) and a complete single cycle using all six orbs with an organized group with good timing will be nice.

my fireteam has done the 6 orbs cycle with 2 gaze catchers since the raid got released.

It´s easy. Im guessing the Challange will be something like:

a player can only hold the gaze one time during the first 6 orb faze. once the next orb faze starts it resets the gaze and we can hold the gaze another time per player.
all 6 orbs must go down and he has to die on the 6th orb? well maybe this would be to hard or even impossible...

Frenden

Banned
Where you been hiding? :)
Working! Decided to try 3D modeling more seriously. My first attempt:

Zbrush is preeeeetty rad.

I've been mostly just Crucible-ing and Glimmer farming to buy weapon parts to raise my Dead Orbit rank to 25 on my Hunter. I farmed all possible New Monarchy drops and the exotic and moved on. I need nine more ranks on DO, one shader, the ship, and the cloak.

If someone messed up at warpriest and you killed him/her but didn't complete the challenge, can you try it again and get the 320 weapon and artifact? Or am I fucked?

X-Frame

Crazy thing about beating the HM Warpriest challenge last night is that outside of the challenge loot, I got Shards and Nothing from NM and HM regular loot respectively.

What absolute BS and it makes me not want to run HM outside of these challenges.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record. The new IB and these challenges are miles ahead in terms of payoff.

Working! Decided to try 3D modeling more seriously. My first attempt:

Zbrush is preeeeetty rad.

I've been mostly just Crucible-ing and Glimmer farming to buy weapon parts to raise my Dead Orbit rank to 25 on my Hunter. I farmed all possible New Monarchy drops and the exotic and moved on. I need nine more ranks on DO, one shader, the ship, and the cloak.

Zbruuuuuusshhhhhhh. You'll be around when the IB drops. I know it.

Ugh.

Found a group last night doing HM WP Challenge. Had 2 guys that kept dying- no matter what.

Found a group this morning before work. Same story.

Will be going for attempt 3 tonight. Anyone on XB1 want to join? Have room for 3 spots. Game is also posted on The100.

E92 M3

Ugh.

Found a group last night doing HM WP Challenge. Had 2 guys that kept dying- no matter what.

Found a group this morning before work. Same story.

Will be going for attempt 3 tonight. Anyone on XB1 want to join? Have room for 3 spots. Game is also posted on The100.

Didn't you hear, the challenge is too easy ;)?

You can add me, and if I'm on I'll help. Trance Addix

Crazy thing about beating the HM Warpriest challenge last night is that outside of the challenge loot, I got Shards and Nothing from NM and HM regular loot respectively.

What absolute BS and it makes me not want to run HM outside of these challenges.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record. The new IB and these challenges are miles ahead in terms of payoff.

Yeah HM drops outside of the challenge mode are crap. Golgi dropped me nothing but shards last night. Total bummer. Then it was shotguns and class items from Daughters and Oryx.

Still have two other characters I can run it on but I'm not sure I feel like it. Can't wait for Golgoroth Challenge mode next week as I can't seem to get ANY HM armor drops outside of gloves, gloves, and more gloves.

I got four heavies one run lol. 320, 310, 313 and 305

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom