• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Zbruuuuuusshhhhhhh. You'll be around when the IB drops. I know it.

I think I might be on a cruise during this IB. My wife and I always get the hell out of dodge for Festivus!

But, yeah, Zbrush is so good. Like, if my dumb idiot head face can make something at first stab, then it must be pretty good.

I'm not happy with how puffy, amorphous, and ill defined areas of that are, but I can't wait to get better at it.

Arrrammis

Having gone back to Warframe, I really can't stand Destiny's loot system. In Warframe, the loot rates are bad, but you always get something useful and there's no weekly limit, even on the highest level missions in the game. Destiny? The only guaranteed usable loot (One armor piece and one weapon) come from the "challenge" mode, which is easily completed by the vocal minority (Let's face it, that's how it is), while the majority of people haven't been able to complete the normal mode yet, much less hard mode, much less the challenge mode. You can do it once a week per character, and if you are unlucky then you get absolutely nothing.

I really hoped the challenge mode would be innovative, maybe add new mechanics or secret bosses(This is what I really hoped some of the emblems might be from, a giant arachnid boss would be terrifying and might actually make the hive the scary monsters that they are in the lore). For now I'll just keep going with other games, maybe Destiny can begin to get more events and things to keep it fresh in the future.

ethomaz

Banned
Having gone back to Warframe, I really can't stand Destiny's loot system. In Warframe, the loot rates are bad, but you always get something useful and there's no weekly limit, even on the highest level missions in the game. Destiny? The only guaranteed usable loot (One armor piece and one weapon) come from the "challenge" mode, which is easily completed by the vocal minority (Let's face it, that's how it is), while the majority of people haven't been able to complete the normal mode yet, much less hard mode, much less the challenge mode. You can do it once a week per character, and if you are unlucky then you get absolutely nothing.

I really hoped the challenge mode would be innovative, maybe add new mechanics or secret bosses(This is what I really hoped some of the emblems might be from, a giant arachnid boss would be terrifying and might actually make the hive the scary monsters that they are in the lore). For now I'll just keep going with other games, maybe Destiny can begin to get more events and things to keep it fresh in the future.
There is no way I can stand Warframe over Destiny... the quality is so big in difference.
I was a huge player in Warframe (Rhino master race) until Destiny.

I think I might be on a cruise during this IB. My wife and I always get the hell out of dodge for Festivus!

But, yeah, Zbrush is so good. Like, if my dumb idiot head face can make something at first stab, then it must be pretty good.

I'm not happy with how puffy, amorphous, and ill defined areas of that are, but I can't wait to get better at it.

You guys are living that DINK dream. I'll carry the IB train for you when you're gone. I'll get Puma and we will drink.

Error's now trying to do it solo by doing it in 4 runs, the saltiness is real

Just took my TTK Ash Factory for a spin in the crucible, it's so good. No stupid ammo glitch so 4 rockets and they hit` whoever you aim it at

LTWood12

The Nechrocasm is fucking awesome. Used it this morning and holy shit. People don't know what the fuck to do when they get shot by it. I've never had so many 1v1 firefights where the other person just quit shooting.

Nah, you just need to go play Fallout some more. :p

I am going to play some more tonight! I think I am going to ditch companions. The buff from Lone Wanderer is too good and I don't care about their perks.

You down for some Trials this weekend? Afro is training in the extra gravity DBZ machine thing and you know Todd needs to keep showing off his sniping skills.

E92 M3

The Nechrocasm is fucking awesome. Used it this morning and holy shit. People don't know what the fuck to do when they get shot by it. I've never had so many 1v1 firefights where the other person just quit shooting.

Welcome to the club, Necrochasm is a thing of beauty.

Cool, love the game but put it down for a bit. If anyone's up for helping a newbie complete kingfall on xbox one sometime I'd be post appreciative.

Feel free to add me, Trance Addix

Namikaze1

I am going to play some more tonight! I think I am going to ditch companions. The buff from Lone Wanderer is too good and I don't care about their perks.

You down for some Trials this weekend? Afro is training in the extra gravity DBZ machine thing and you know Todd needs to keep showing off his sniping skills.
Yeah, I'll be up for a run or two.

Dave_6

I used the Necro for a few PvP games right after the 2.0 patch and it was fun but haven't used it since. May try it out next time I'm on.

LTWood12

We're a small club.

Now Bungie just needs to give me the damn year 2 version already.

No kidding.

I used the Necro for a few PvP games right after the 2.0 patch and it was fun but haven't used it since. May try it out next time I'm on.

I was playing rumble to get my shotgun kills done for the Chaperone quest (I'm just now doing the quest). Figured I'd mess around w/ the bullet hoses in the process and was having so much fun. Epilogue was decent, but Nechrocasm feels so damn good. I used Hard Light a bit as well. Obviously not a bullet hose but was having a good time with it as well.

Is there a better sniper than the vendor 1000 yard stare? I hit 200 marks, I want to buy that sniper and truth but I'm holding off in case Xur sells Truth tomorrow.

Rubenov

Will be a beast once the next patch hits.

Nightz

Started working on my Warlock and Titan alts. I think I'm at the point where I can run 3 Nightfalls a week. Now I just need incentive to actually run 3 Nightfalls a week.
Also starting to like Warlock more than my Hunter

Just got booted from Destiny. Uncharted went up at the perfect time!

LTWood12

Will be a beast once the next patch hits.

VarsityBlues.jpg

LT & Coach R

stay gold

For PVP. I need a good trials gun. I have a luck in the chamber eirene rr4 already.

What's so good about it again? It doesn't have shortgaze unless I'm at the wrong vendor

It has the Longview SLR 10 (think that's right) scope, which adds the most aim assist. Other than that it's more pve centric, but high AA plus ability to revive snipe mean it's ok for pvp anyway.

Navy Bean

For PVP. I need a good trials gun. I have a luck in the chamber eirene rr4 already.

What's so good about it again? It doesn't have shortgaze unless I'm at the wrong vendor

Hmm, I have a few and so I'm not sure what the vendor has on it. Either way, AA is high, revive kills, handles well. Really good for both PvE and PvP. My best drop has shortgaze and firefly.

LTWood12

I'm going to have to go on a Crux quest again aren't I? Never got the damn thing.

I got my Crux in February, but didn't get the damn common weapon from the Knight until July when they patched the damn thing. They really need to bring it into year 2 and give it some time to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom