• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd argue i'm too old to be playing videogames but eh

We're no where near the oldest people in this thread but that wasn't really what i was getting at. Splatoon just strikes me as something uniquely aimed at kids in a way that the other Nintendo franchises aren't - at least to me personally. Maybe that's a load of bollocks - I still play Pokemon after all.

They should put one of the squid people in Smash Bros. Dunno why they're adding all these sword characters instead of their own new IP

not having splatoon means you miss out on

Cu2wkDg.jpg

lol WTF

Seriously tho, I hope Bungie announces some real content for this game this month. Why does it look like both Halo and Destiny are going to be dry throughout most of 2016

We're no where near the oldest people in this thread but that wasn't really what i was getting at. Splatoon just strikes me as something uniquely aimed at kids in a way that the other Nintendo franchises aren't - at least to me personally. Maybe that's a load of bollocks - I still play Pokemon after all.

They should put one of the squid people in Smash Bros. Dunno why they're adding all these sword characters instead of their own new IP

Hmm. Define old. 43 too old? I will say not at all. Someone else my think otherwise.

Afrocious

now you get it

but eh im partially bullshitting lol. the game is charming enough to appeal to literally everyone but different strokes

now you get it

but eh im partially bullshitting lol. the game is charming enough to appeal to literally everyone but different strokes

Well i kinda grew out of Pokemon too in a way. The game still appeals to me mechanically, and then there's the brand with it. But I dunno. I see you guys with all your Destiny merchandise and remember when I used to be like that with Pokemon.

Just have different tastes nowadays I suppose

Afrocious

Well i kinda grew out of Pokemon too in a way. The game still appeals to me mechanically, and then there's the brand with it. But I dunno. I see you guys with all your Destiny merchandise and remember when I used to be like that with Pokemon.

Just have different tastes nowadays I suppose

same.

pokemon had potential to become something bigger in Gen 5 than what it had been, but that went to pieces with gen 6.

We just killed the Warpriest and I saw a flash of not-purple engram fly up, got excited thinking my three of coins had worked... nope, green engram! #hardmodeloot lol

Frenden

Banned
First Rumble with a Finnala's Peril with a good roll* and a sniper with snapshot (finally). I suddenly feel viable again. (Side note, lolrewardssuck.)

*Hammer forged, hidden hand. I can't wait for the HC fixes.

LTWood12

where you get this 320 sleeper from LT?!!

Infusion. Had so many high level heavies that sucked, so got SS to 320. Solely based on how incredible it is for boss DPS. I've still got my trusty 320 Quillum's Terminus w/ Army of One though.

I feel like the Sleeper should be more popular but I never see it.

Try using it on the Warpriest, then switching to 1000ys when you run out of heavy. You will have higher damage to WP than the Spindle users.

Afrocious

The last time I did King's Fall was like October 6th or something.

you always have a spot with me nami figs todd and breezy

we'd carry you but you act like you're scared of kf or some ish

hell we used to help scrubs

then you went on the trials stuff and now its like 'yeah fuck those folks'

Frenden

Banned
I'd rather do Vault of Glass or Skolas. Can't wait for them to be relevant to progression again. It's inevitable.

I hope so. I watched a lot of KF runs and it just didn't look fun. I think the mechanics heavy design paired with the double RNG drops just kinda made me feel like I'd catch up when the rejigger the light/drop/endgame next. I knew I didn't have the time to grind for unicorn rarity armor drops with high light.

daedalius

i'm too old to become invested in a game like splatoon. i don't think i would have even found it endearing 10 years ago.

not really the game's fault. the art style is just a turn off to me.

the overwatch game has the same cartoony feel but it's more up my alley.

I loved the overwatch beta, especially the characters and art. Probly gonna get that one on PC.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Not yet. Progress is slow. Starting from scratch and no level skipping. I have two disciples. One a titan, the other a hunter. Both of them are going through earlier story missions. I'm just waiting to carry them through a bunch of stuff.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not yet. Progress is slow. Starting from scratch and no level skipping. I have two disciples. One a titan, the other a hunter. Both of them are going through earlier story missions. I'm just waiting to carry them through a bunch of stuff.

I'm leveling my alt atm too... It's... soooo slooooow lol

Frenden

Banned
Anyone want to do an all/mostly Defender Titan fun run in Control? I almost never play with shotties but want to take No Backup Plans for a spin. And bubble chaining sounds like a laugh.

Killing Xurtime.

Anyone want to do an all/mostly Defender Titan fun run in Control? I almost never play with shotties but want to take No Backup Plans for a spin. And bubble chaining sounds like a laugh.

Killing Xurtime.

I'm down for PvP shenanigans. I suppose I should hop on my titan too so I can do the weekly bounties on that character.

HMD

Wasn't Destiny 2 at PSX semi-confirmed or something? Would love to hear about D2 and maybe a TDB like DLC for 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom