• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the shit psn? Booted from party and Destiny again. Same thing happened last night too. It's not my internet, I have a wired connection that pulls around 30 down 7 up when testing the the console.

Siaynoqq

You really should check for yourself before calling BS.

Thought you were messing with me because I did check and door was closed (and still is after logging back in). Think there is some sort of glitch since I'm seeing others standing around outside the door confused.

What the shit psn? Booted from party and Destiny again. Same thing happened last night too. It's not my internet, I have a wired connection that pulls around 30 down 7 up when testing the the console.

That's what I'm gonna do in a few here

Thanks for the run tonight guys - it was fun to play Destiny with GAF again :D

Plus I got myself a sweet fusion rifle and some nice gear from Xur (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

the_id

Thanks for the run tonight guys - it was fun to play Destiny with GAF again :D

Plus I got myself a sweet fusion rifle and some nice gear from Xur (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧
Sorry for bailing out on you. Needed to do the linked quest with my nephew.

bitsurugi

fuck, almost played a perfect game and I CHOOOOKED again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqOH5h0cWc

WindyMeagerIberianmole.gif

G-g.

It's funny how they always run for the heavy in mayhem, eventho it is pointless if you die, since you drop heavy in this mode :)

Also: Miss A. Symbiote :/ Can't wait for it to be back!

GlamFM

Banned
Just caught up on the weekly update.

What do you guys think they will do to defenders, and why?

I never, NEVER, heard anyone complain about defenders! Why are they changing them at all?

I never, NEVER, heard anyone complain about defenders! Why are they changing them at all?

Buff the melee range or nerf the bubble are the only things I can think of

Ken

No one complains about Defender because being OP at PVE is good for everyone but developers, I think.

Sorry for bailing out on you. Needed to do the linked quest with my nephew.

Don't even be sorry haha it's alright! I was going to sleep anyway. It's 2am here and I got work tomorrow
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Was great playing with ya though :)

Edit: WTF why would they nerf defenders ಠ_ಠ. I can't believe Titan t-rex arms are still a thing... And shotguns with rangefinder?? Smh.

bitsurugi

Well, tbh, they would need to do a FULL OVERHAUL of all 3 subclasses for all classes:

- defender : buff in pvp
- striker: was the go to pve, was always crap in pve. Really good class for pvp, but sunbreaker super was too OP not to use it. Needs to be more tanky, esp in pve
- sunbreaker: nerf in pvp, fine on pve (the nerf might really screw the pve part, i won't like it). Buff neutral game to compensate the inevitable nerf of the super?

- Nightstalker: really the best subclass so far, good in pve AND pvp, not too OP, altho a skilled person is to be feared in pvp (wallhack, stupid shadestep, smoke)
- Gunslinger: in pvp is really strong (symbiote coming in Y2 will be even more powerful), needs a buff in pve
- Bladedancer: once the best pvp subclass, now is the subclass to use for quickdraw and blink. Was always shit in pve (besides the medic usage of the invis - which can now be done with nightstalker!), the super is one of the worst in pve. Can't kill a yellow bar, makes literally no orbs. Good for Abyss cheese and Crota, but as said, now you can do that with a nightstalker. Dont touch me gloves plus smoke bomb with max str PLUS a super which makes a TON of orbs and stuns everything for 5 seconds and buffs dmg output? C'mon, must be crazy to use a bladedancer in pve over a Nightstalker!
Pvp... still good, personally i prefer gunslinger or nightstalker since TTK.

- Sunsinger: strong in both pve (solo Oryx, lol) and pvp
- Voidwalker: might need a pve buff, very viable in pvp (my prefered subclass)
- Palpatine: strong in both. Super is OP with transcendence. Personally i suck with those nades in pvp. In 6v6 with Transcendence and blink you are to be feared.

Word of notice:
can't understand how new subclasses came into retail: new supers have a duration of 25+ seconds! Old one, around 11 seconds (a redditor made exact timings a week or so ago).

Supers are really good for pve (and should be!), but really unbalanced for pvp (even quiver lasts fricking long, without any extra exotics). The old ones (e.g. Striker, Bladedancer, gunslinger w/o C. nighthawk) are super shit in pve and should be buffed, pronto.

Hell, we could really use a total revamp of talents, it's been 1 year and 3 months, every game does that. It's not just guns who needs a fine tuning, but also classes and subclasses.

I haven't Destinied properly in over a month, other games have drawn my attention, but i can't help think that we are being cheated out of content by Bungie.

VoG, Crota and the PoE are just sat there doing nothing. Yes you can run them but the rewards are minimal and the difficulty is trivial. They have effectively been removed from the players mindscape by Bungie making them irrelevant. They have made the armour and guns obsolete as well as some of the hardest to get exotics and i want it back.

Re-level the raids, re-level all the guns and armour, in what can't be a difficult change Bungie could add back so much content. Content we already own and deserve it to be relevant again.

Strider

Xur selling telesto huh? Good for those that don't have it yet... Can't say it's "good" really but that gun is soooo fun for chillin back and running strikes.

Good for those that don't have it yet... Can't say it's "good" really but that gun is soooo fun for chillin back and running strikes.

I really like the aesthetic of the shots. Especially against bosses like the Darkblade, where it effectively lights him up like a firecracker in that cellar.

Still, shame Xur just happened to take a 2-week break on selling Y2 engrams, just when I broke 311.

Ken

So what's a good way to farm SC? 28 PoE MM? Or just hoping it's a reward for Vanguard Strikes + engrams. I want that Skyburners.

I don't have Telesto yet so i'll be picking that up.

G-g.

It's funny how they always run for the heavy in mayhem, eventho it is pointless if you die, since you drop heavy in this mode :)

Also: Miss A. Symbiote :/ Can't wait for it to be back!

Fuck i'm still salty about this game. I should have left that stupid crate room. I was staying alive because I was monitoring my surroundings, but I got greedy at that point. In Rumble, players gravitate towards where the action is, especally if they just died there. I stayed in that hotspot for far too long.

I do love Symbiote tho. I wear it all the time now except for Trials. Kinda got over my dependency on Knucklehead Radar. I liked how it looked of course, but when TLW was an ADS death machine I was just using it all the time and it was a bad habit. Symbiote is much better - especially in Rumble gamemodes. It's still butt fucking ugly though.

Gravitron is still my favorite, but I think I'm back to Gunslinger in PvP and Nightstalker for PvE. Gunslinger will always be the best for my playstyle.

Jinjo

Ruin Wings
Skyburners
The Stag
Telesto
Legacy Special (wasn't that last week as well?)

Another week of saving coins for the imminent chest engram Xur will carry after the new exotics get released. Sweet.

Also, I fixed the R2 buttons on my 2 PS4 controllers yesterday that got broken a while back. Replaced the sticks while at it. Supereasy & superquick fix and the triggers feel really good now, there's some actual resistance now to the triggers, which I like a lot. Also, no more flaky rubber sticks, awww yiss. Can finally get rid of my stick condoms.

Edit: wow, they're RNG'ifying Tess? Just wow.

Spizz

Banned
Nice to see the Telesto being sold, I'll buy that. I was looking to buy a legacy primary this weekend as well. Oh well, hopefully next week.

aarcane

Need Telesto and Skyburners, so I'll grab both of them. I also need to spend some marks, so I'll probably get Y2 Truth or The Last Word.

Telesto was my first exotic drop with the 3oC. Since then i had 5 more drop as Rgn. Helps with infusion fodder. Only Jade Rabbit drops as much for me as telesto.

Hawkmon at 310 please

aarcane

If this was possible in year 1 I would have made so much strange with all my spare Gjallarhorns.

500 coins per Horn please.

Seeing as I didn't get a Gjallarhorn until Xur finally sold it again, I'd probably have paid this. Or at least offered a Field Scout/Final Round LDR in exchange.

Unstable

I bought 67 Gjallarhorns when Xur sold it last.

No really, I'm not joking.

I took great pleasure in sharding all of them.

Deku Tree

I feel like Bungie stealth nerfed the drop rate for faction ships a while ago. During the first weeks of TTK so many people were talking about getting their y2 faction ship. Now everyone complains that they haven't gotten one yet.

Strider

Can any of you Titans comment on Ruin Wings? Worth it or no? really leaning toward putting all my strange coins into my Titan from now on. It's not like I'm ever equipping anything but Graviton on my hunter anyway :p

Can any of you Titans comment on Ruin Wings? Worth it or no? really leaning toward putting all my strange coins into my Titan from now on. It's not like I'm ever equipping anything but Graviton on my hunter anyway :p
It's too good to pass up. Heavy for all.
Edit: Top of page. Well here you go.
search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom