• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Hammer is def broken in its current form. I've played with SunBreaker all week instead of my Hunter and the amount of times I said "How the fuck am I still alive right now" was off the charts lol

But yea I hope they don't nerf them too hard. The super needs a nerf (mainly duration and armor in PvP) but hopefully their kit sees a buff elsewhere to balance it out... Same with Defender. The Super should probably receive a slight nerf but they need buffs everywhere else.

Striker just sucks right now and needs a buff to both its super and kit.

The question that the update needs to answer is "What is a striker for?"

They're the worst PvE Class without a doubt and they're the worst PvP class out of the box. The perk tree doesn't have double grenade and the melee only activates on kill. Melee range smallest of any class. Only PvP advantage is shoulder charge and lightning grenades, but that's really only if they're buffed by exotics. There are no advantages to PvE. Close range is lethal and that's all this subclass is setup for, but they have no damage mitigation. The Landfall perk on Stormbringers is a literal Fist of Havoc, that blinds who it doesn't kill, and then they get a badass roaming super afterward.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No one wants them nerfed into the ground, just bringing into line with other supers. Give them delay frames when popping, 3 hammers (4 with an exotic), be able to headshot them and tone down the AoE

Does that mean we can also nerf lightning-hands? That super has been OP for MUCH longer, why does nobody complain about that? Sunbreaker is much more recent and titans have had to suffer much more -.-

Nerf health gain for sunbreaker
limit throw-distance for hammers

that's all that's needed IMHO

then give defenders a PvP buff because they're useless outside of zone-based modes, and even then they're meh
and buff striker too because they're hopelessly underpowered, least used and lowest K/D

Defenders can now shoot through their Ward of Dawn to defeat minions of darkness and other guardians in the crucible.

I made this up but goddamn do I want it.

that'd be an AMAZING change, but probably way too OP :lol You'd be like an indestructible turret

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've outlined this with other people but here's my take on what needs to happen:

Sunbreakers
- EITHER the decay time on the super energy needs to be sped up, or the energy expended by throwing the Hammers needs to increase, realistically to 4-5 Hammers instead of the current 7 you can get.
- Shield recharge-on-kill perk needs to have the recharge speed slowed right the fuck down!
- Golden Gun shots need to do more damage to an active-super Sunbreaker. I'm not saying that it shouldn't require 2 shots to kill, but currently the first GG shot doesn't even take a supered Sunbreaker into the red, when it really should.

Strikers
- AoE of Titan Smash needs to be minutely buffed to balance with how horrendous of a overall super Hammers of Sol is

Defenders
- Bubble needs either a time buff or a Bubble health buff.

Even more importantly...
NERF SNIPER RIFLE AA IN PvP!

Lothars

I've outlined this with other people but here's my take on what needs to happen:

Sunbreakers
- EITHER the decay time on the super energy needs to be sped up, or the energy expended by throwing the Hammers needs to increase, realistically to 4-5 Hammers instead of the current 7 you can get.
- Shield recharge-on-kill perk needs to have the recharge speed slowed down.
- Hunters Golden Gun shots need to do more damage to an active-super Sunbreaker. I'm not saying that it shouldn't require 2 shots to kill, but currently the first GG shot doesn't even take a supered Sunbreaker into the red, when it really should.

Strikers
- AoE of Titan Smash needs to be minutely buffed to balance with how horrendous of a overall super Hammers of Sol is

Defenders
- Bubble needs either a time buff or a Bubble health buff.
I totally disagree with you, Golden Gun needs to kill a sunbreaker, 1 GG shot will kill any other super and it's only right that it stops sunbreakers.

The rest of your changes I agree with.

Does that mean we can also nerf lightning-hands? That super has been OP for MUCH longer, why does nobody complain about that? Sunbreaker is much more recent and titans have had to suffer much more -.-
It doesn't need Nerfing, it's easy to be killed when your using that super.

Strider

Titan Patch Notes:
Sunbreaker
Melee
Titan Melee: Extend Titan Melee range (+12.5%)
Sunstrike: Decrease DOT Time (6.5s ->5.5s)
Super
Hammer of Sol: Reduce Damage Resistance during Super (-9.09%)
Hammer of Sol: Slow Hammer travel speed by (-1.32%)
Passives
Forgemaster: Reduce Splash damage detonation radius multiplier (-20%)
Flameseeker: Turn down Hammer tracking bonus (-25%)
Flameseeker: Remove +1 Recovery, and +1 Agility stat bonuses
Fleetfire: Added +1 Agility stat
Firekeeper: Added +1 Recovery stat
Cauterize: Added cooldown (0s -> 3s)
Movement
Catapult Lift: Faster Initial velocity (+5%)

Striker
Melee
Storm Fist: Increase base damage (+18.2%)
Overload: Now also provides faster melee recharge (+50%)
Discharge: Additional Damage (+7.69%)
Discharge: Changed AOE to spherical shape
Amplify: Increased Super energy bonus (+30%)
Passives
Headstrong: Now also provides Faster Sprint
Transfusion: Improve cooldown(5s ->3s)
Unstoppable: Now provides a total of +2 Armor (+1 additional)
Unstoppable: Increased damage resistance (+25%)
Juggernaut: Improved Shield health (+14.3%)
Juggernaut: Now works when airborne
Movement

Defender
Melee
Super
Ward of Dawn: Recharge Grenade and Melee Abilities on Super cast
Movement

An interesting nugget to start with Although I wanted the Titans to have their moment in the sun, we didn't intentionally ship them hot. At the time, our internal data and playtests showed that the Sunbreakers were strong, but not overly so. Yeah, I know, how could we be so dumb? It's possible that I may have overdone them just a little bit. Who play tests this shit at Bungie

Titan Patch Notes:
Sunbreaker

• Titan Melee: Extend Titan Melee range (+12.5%)
  • Sunstrike: Decrease DOT Time (6.5s ->5.5s)
  • Super
  • Hammer of Sol: Reduce Damage Resistance during Super (-9.09%)
  • Hammer of Sol: Slow Hammer travel speed by (-1.32%)
  • Passives
  • Forgemaster: Reduce Splash damage detonation radius multiplier (-20%)
  • Flameseeker: Turn down Hammer tracking bonus (-25%)
  • Flameseeker: Remove +1 Recovery, and +1 Agility stat bonuses
  • Fleetfire: Added +1 Agility stat
  • Firekeeper: Added +1 Recovery stat
  • Cauterize: Added cooldown (0s -> 3s)
  • Movement
  • Catapult Lift: Faster Initial velocity (+5%)

Striker

• Storm Fist: Increase base damage (+18.2%)
  • Overload: Now also provides faster melee recharge (+50%)
  • Discharge: Additional Damage (+7.69%)
  • Discharge: Changed AOE to spherical shape
  • Amplify: Increased Super energy bonus (+30%)
  • Passives
  • Headstrong: Now also provides Faster Sprint
  • Transfusion: Improve cooldown(5s ->3s)
  • Unstoppable: Now provides a total of +2 Armor (+1 additional)
  • Unstoppable: Increased damage resistance (+25%)
  • Juggernaut: Improved Shield health (+14.3%)
  • Juggernaut: Now works when airborne
  • Movement

Defender

• Super
  • Ward of Dawn: Recharge Grenade and Melee Abilities on Super cast
  • Movement

Strider

Catapult got buffed though O_O

Catapult + the incoming Twilight Garrison gonna be
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Smiley90

Sunbreaker
Melee
Titan Melee: Extend Titan Melee range (+12.5%) - yessss
Sunstrike: Decrease DOT Time (6.5s ->5.5s)
Super
Hammer of Sol: Reduce Damage Resistance during Super (-9.09%) - i'm okay with that
Hammer of Sol: Slow Hammer travel speed by (-1.32%) - 1% means nothing so sure
Passives
Forgemaster: Reduce Splash damage detonation radius multiplier (-20%) - ouch, but okay
Flameseeker: Turn down Hammer tracking bonus (-25%) - ouch, but okay
Flameseeker: Remove +1 Recovery, and +1 Agility stat bonuses - okay with that
Fleetfire: Added +1 Agility stat
Firekeeper: Added +1 Recovery stat
Cauterize: Added cooldown (0s -> 3s) - so only recover health every 3s? That's probably the most significant change on here - and I said nerf cauterize was the best change to be made, so totally okay with that too
Movement

Striker
Melee
Storm Fist: Increase base damage (+18.2%) - yesssssss
Overload: Now also provides faster melee recharge (+50%) - YESSSSS
Discharge: Additional Damage (+7.69%) - yesssss
Discharge: Changed AOE to spherical shape - yesss
Amplify: Increased Super energy bonus (+30%)
- ALL THE YESSSS
Passives
Headstrong: Now also provides Faster Sprint - yesss
Transfusion: Improve cooldown(5s ->3s) okay I'll stop now all these striker changes are making me wet
Unstoppable: Now provides a total of +2 Armor (+1 additional)
Unstoppable: Increased damage resistance (+25%)
Juggernaut: Improved Shield health (+14.3%)
Juggernaut: Now works when airborne
Movement

Defender
Melee
Super
Ward of Dawn: Recharge Grenade and Melee Abilities on Super cast
Movement
- fantastic

TL;DR: Reasonable nerfs to sunbreaker, HEAVY buffs to striker, mild buff to defender, YESSSSSSSS

the one thing I don't understand is the decrease in DOT on sunstrike given they said they're supposed to be melee classes, but sunstrike was giving me a lot of post-mortems so I guess that's okay

GhaleonEB

No more T-Rex arms?

So happy about this. And that Sage actually called them t-rex arms. :lol

First read is that this is a very reasonable set of buffs and debuffs. Nothing drastic but should make a difference.

The most interesting thing to me is actually the class usage distribution. It's nearly an even 1/3 split across both PvE and PvP.

distrib_90_1.jpg

LTWood12

STRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

*shrug*

I can't complain. I like the changes. I think the sunbreaker will be more balanced now, but I don't see that they gave much of any reason to go along different paths besides "hammer more hammers". Flame seeker was already fairly unreliable in terms of seeking as well.

Really hoped I get a little something extra for Defenders beyond a free melee/grenade every 3-4 minutes. That's not going to be near enough to get them out this squished purgatory:

distrib_90_1.jpg

Otherwise, I think I'm okay with these changes.

Smiley90

So happy about this. And that Sage actually called them t-rex arms. :lol

First read is that this is a very reasonable set of buffs and debuffs. Nothing drastic but should make a difference.

The most interesting thing to me is actually the class usage distribution. It's nearly an even 1/3 split across both PvE and PvP.

distrib_90_1.jpg

that no-use-defender in PvP :lol

darknil

That nerf on cauterize is essential, now they won't be invencible when taking down a group that is distributed in a big room.

mcfrank

They really need to make a defender bubble protect you from a super. You should be able to survive a nova bomb in your shield. It should pop the shield but you should live.

E92 M3

Wow, Sage was very subtle and logical. If only the weapon sandbox team can nerf/buff like that.

I'll eat crow about my worrying.

*shrug*

I can't complain. I like the changes. I think the sunbreaker will be more balanced now, but I don't see that they gave much of any reason to go along different paths besides "hammer more hammers". Flame seeker was already fairly unreliable in terms of seeking as well.

They didn't need to really, the sunspot titan build is already pretty fantastic, but as a result of the more powerful cauterise, flameseeker, many hammers build it was underused. Now that that build has been brought down a few pegs, I think a compelling argument can be made for the use of the sunspot, melting point build now.

LTWood12

Great synergy between the buffs to catapult, storm fist, headstrong (increased sprint speed), and Juggernaut (DR Buff, stays active in the air).

CREMSteve

If only Defenders could shoot through their own bubble.

Allies don't need to have the ability, but the Defender that popped the bubble, should be able to. Supers can still take it out, and you can still run in and kill the Defender.

I don't see how it would be OP.

FyreWulff

No wonder Trials teams lose their shit when I bring my Defender into ToS, there's like a 1-2% chance of even seeing a Defender in PVP :lol:

Daemul

If only Defenders could shoot through their own bubble.

Allies don't need to have the ability, but the Defender that popped the bubble, should be able to. Supers can still take it out, and you can still run in and kill the Defender.

I don't see how it would be OP.

There was a time long back in one of the early Destiny promotional videos where a Defenders bubble actually moved with it's caster. It would have been hilarious if Bungie had kept that in.

Nicodemic

I was afraid of a debuff to defender (my main) but got a buff instead. Phew, crisis avorted!

Very interested in seeing the new meta after the update.

I don't know if they've said this but are they also going to tweak the other classes? The Bladedancer and Gunslinger subclasses need some sort of PVE buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom