• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
3sec cooldown on Cauterize now? Mission accomplished! :D

Also, holy shit at the Striker now. Powerhouse subclass redeemed! Helm of Inmost Light looking to be the Striker Exotic of choice again.

Dave_6

I don't know if they've said this but are they also going to tweak the other classes? The Bladedancer and Gunslinger subclasses need some sort of PVE buff.

I thought that was their plan at some point; to go back and make improvements to all the original subclasses.

They didn't need to really, the sunspot titan build is already pretty fantastic, but as a result of the more powerful cauterise, flameseeker, many hammers build it was underused. Now that that build has been brought down a few pegs, I think a compelling argument can be made for the use of the sunspot, melting point build now.

Thinking you meant fire keeper instead of cauterize--I'm still not seeing anything that's changed to make anyone change their build. Sunbreakers are more squishy now, but good skaters and those with good accuracy can still be every bit as lethal with hammers.

I'm shocked they didn't buff simmering flames significantly. Having a strong reason not to use the super. And they completely ignored suncharge--with NO ONE uses, which could have gotten people away from actually throwing hammers.

X-Frame

Wow, those Striker buffs! So excited to try out Catapult, and interesting to read how powerful it was pre-release.

All those juicy melee buffs too!

Mindlog

That’s not to say that we think the Classes have been perfect - far from it. Previously, the desire to make changes were overshadowed by some higher-priority things (like fixing Thorn or making new Sub-Classes and Exotics).
EuOHJUT.gif

Well at least changes are a little quicker this time around :]

Strider

Anyway I'm not experienced enough with Titan yet to know how all those changes will play out but overall it seems really nice
goodjob.gif

Catapult especially will make Titan a joy to play for me. I've yet to unlock it on my SunBreaker but I'm close.

Daemul

That melee buff doesn't seem like much though. Blink Strike has a melee range of 6m, Warlocks have a melee range of 7m+ and Gunslinger throwing knife has the longest range obviously.

4.5m is better than it was before but I hope anyone isn't expecting to suddenly be able to win a melee battle against Warlocks.
KuGsj.gif

The update makes everyone who has been whinging for the last month about titans getting all their classes nerfed look pretty dumb. The changes are good. No t-rex arms is a good change.

LTWood12

No worries, I've done that numerous times. Not just with the Striker Titan either :/

My douchey laugh right before hand being all like I'm going to wreck this warlock and then I just totally whiff makes it all the more embarrassing.

Humble Pie

GhaleonEB

Just let Sage do all the posts from now on lol

That really was a great piece. Both in the writing and in the presentation of data and design goals to support the updates. I hope we get to hear more from Sage, good stuff. (Especially since it sounds like more class tweaks are possible.)

Strider

That really was a great piece. Both in the writing and in the presentation of data and design goals to support the updates. I hope we get to hear more from Sage, good stuff.

Yep. Format was good. Explanations were nice. Backed up changes with data.

Can't ask for any more than that.

Frenden

Banned
Pleasantly surprised at the changes. Two quick thoughts:

1. The Titan melee range buff isn't going to be huge and some will be disappointed.

2. Cauterize being on a cool down is an elegant solution.

Sky Walker

No Titan bubble's nerf ? Just wait for the second patch in this month: "Fixed a bug where Hobgoblins supposed to pops titan's Ward of Dawn with 2 shots."

Dave_6

My douchey laugh right before hand being all like I'm going to wreck this warlock and then I just totally whiff makes it all the more embarrassing.

Humble Pie

LOL so true. I was playing rumble last night, jumping around like a jackass with my Hunter trying to avoid a shotty on First Light. Jumped right off the fucking map. I've done it more than I care to admit trying to get to the B flag on Twilight Gap.

E92 M3

I am just wondering how big this patch will be. Really hoping for some surprise QoL changes. Maybe even some extra vault space...................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom