• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I have not seen a ship drop for me in the last 50+ faction rank ups since day 1 off TTK launch.

Exotic shard, dismantle immediately. Same for Hawkmoon.

I've said it before, but I have gotten to rank 25 on every faction with every character, with the majority of that coming from a post-TTK Draksis grind. I'd estimate I ranked up 130-140 times since TTK. One ship.

Ok then maybe I'll switch to donating all my excess materials to NEw monarchy on my Titan then to get to 25. No reason to keep donating to such a small RNG chance at getting the ship.

Bounty rep and xp is negligible. I ranked up armor on my titan just playing story missions with a random from the tower.

Bounty xp from 12 bounties couldn't even rank up 2 bubbles on those armor pieces.

Might i ask howd you get so much rep off draxis?

This ^

I've barely ranked up factions in TTK.

Use a ghost with a Fallen glimmer boost. I think the Dread Explorer Shell has it by default. Use ToM to get Draksis low. Sticky grenade suicide. Repeat. You will get more glimmer than needed to turn in Ether Seeds to Variks.

I don't know if it's the fastest method now, though, since I did it before Weapon Parts were available for purchase.

I got the new (ugly) Dead Orbit ship but that's the only faction ship I've gotten.
Same here.

I don't know why Bungie doesn't just put that stuff on the vendors and have them unlock at a certain rank. I'd be more inclined to do mundane shit like faction/glimmer grinding if I knew there was a guaranteed reward to work towards. RNG sucks balls.

Dave_6

Same. Dropped on day one of TTK, at DO rank 26. Since then, nothing.

Think I got mine within the first week, hit rank 25 a couple days after the 2.0 patch dropped. Already had Revenant but I've since gotten the rest of the DO shaders. I know they increased the drop rate of those.

So how hard is this weeks nightfall?

Want to do it with someone to complete the Refer a friend quest. He is 309 and I am 269.

Will probably need to rangle up a 3rd person in a few hours so might post here when its about to happen.

Deku Tree

Want to do it with someone to complete the Refer a friend quest. He is 309 and I am 269.

Will probably need to rangle up a 3rd person in a few hours so might post here when its about to happen.

First part with warsat can be tough. The rest is no problem. It's very doable with a good third.

The first part is pretty tough. Bubbles and stealth help. But the rest is fairly straight forward. LL269 is a bit squishy.

Kaiken

Banned

Destroy the fallen ship turrets to make your life easier.

Is Xur selling any non-legacy exotic engrams? I should stock up.
Also, has anyone bugged Bungie about leg exotic engrams? They should drop or sell them now that the warlock has one.

I got FWC and New Monarchy ships the first week of TTK while power leveling with my saved up bounties and motes and then the Dead Orbit ship a few weeks ago through a normal rank up.

The first part is pretty tough. Bubbles and stealth help. But the rest is fairly straight forward. LL269 is a bit squishy.

Yeah I am still a bit under leveled for a lot of the stuff. But I spent the last few days getting carried though heroic strikes and story to get some half way ok gear so I am in "play it safe" mode already.

But ue is Hunter and I am Warlock so no bubbles :(

If there is a Titan looking to do it keep a eye on this thread in say... 2 hours / 2 and a half hours from now and I might be around.

Yeah I am still a bit under leveled for a lot of the stuff. But I spent the last few days getting carried though heroic strikes and story to get some half way ok gear so I am in "play it safe" mode already.

If there is a Titan looking to do it keep a eye on this thread in say... 2 hours / 2 and a half hours from now and I might be around.

Don't need it but I can help.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian, assuming you're on PS4?

You definitely want to run Sunsinger and Firebird with the beginning of the strike. Flame shield is a huge help. Don't be afraid to hold back, and run in for revives while the other two guard the Warsat

Ok. Join me in orbit. I'll set party chat.
Still need 1 though.

Trials?

PSN:darkistheway

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't hop in earlier. Gotta do some life stuff now since we'll be doing our Trials stuff later. If you're still looking for some runs in a couple hours then that might work. Otherwise I should be around a fair amount tonight/this weekend.

what time did the weekly update drop yesterday?

5:35 pm EST

Went 8-2 before I had to step off with biggy and Liam with my Hunter. I'm hoping to go flawless with my Warlock or Titan later. The armor is helmet and the weapon is the handcannon.

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't hop in earlier. Gotta do some life stuff now since we'll be doing our Trials stuff later. If you're still looking for some runs in a couple hours then that might work. Otherwise I should be around a fair amount tonight/this weekend.
No problem, Drizzay. Life stuff has to get done :) Maybe we can go later this weekend, if I can convince the family to leave me be for a couple of hours.

5:35 pm EST

Mind if I hop in a game or few with you later tonight. I need them flawless runs :)

stay gold

Yo bumper jumper people, did you guys always naturally use your middle fingers for L2/R2 or did it take a while to get used to? I feel like im gonna drop my controller over here.

Yo bumper jumper people, did you guys always naturally use your middle fingers for L2/R2 or did it take a while to get used to? I feel like im gonna drop my controller over here.

Took a while. My hand kept cramping up, but I made the transition at the same time I was grinding strikes for Hopscotch. Guess which took longer. ;)

Also, I only do the middle finger on the left hand. I never need to simultaneously grenade & fire my gun, so I use one finger on the right.

Dave_6

Hmm, the helmet is up this week. May need to try and run the Trials bounties on all three of my characters if I can find some 'carry' help. Lol.

Afrocious

playing destiny on my new acer monitor. definitely looks slick and crisp.

as of now, I have 24 matches of crucible done. 976 to go.

gonna warm up and use jumper for once. i dont like the control scheme but i need variety

stay gold

Took a while. My hand kept cramping up, but I made the transition at the same time I was grinding strikes for Hopscotch. Guess which took longer. ;)

Also, I only do the middle finger on the left hand. I never need to simultaneously grenade & fire my gun, so I use one finger on the right.

Yeah...I don't know why I didn't think of that, that'll help.

Strider

gonna warm up and use jumper for once. i dont like the control scheme but i need variety

379ch.gif

Jumper >>> everything else.

Always best to have your movement abiltiies on buttons that don't require you to take your thumbs of the analog sticks

It's required for playing Titans. Night and day difference. When i play Bumper Jumper as a Titan, I feel like as powerful as a linebacker and nimble as a ballerina.

652595e34435317fa83f0b4aa711e7a9.jpg

You havent lived till you played TLW with jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom