• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

r7G149f.gif
GOAT

X-Frame

A Discharge-powered Storm Fist melee already does 159 damage in PvP.

With the new buffs to base damage of Storm Fist and the buff to Discharge ontop of that, what're we looking at for the new damage to this thing? Like 175 or something?

AND it's AoE was buffed to a sphere and not a flat circle anymore, insane.

Sombody gif the following

A bunch of slow motion titan punch whiffs. Followed by the its hapening isnt it gif, then a titan helm on apollo creed jabbing rocky un the face with his long arms

Titan melee hype!

the_id

So I am at work at the moment and just caught up with the Titan sunbreaker Nerf. It'll be great to see how well this will go in PVP and actually make them easier to deal with.

I'm actually excited to try out my Defender titan in pvp.

I'm glad with the changes for Titan. No more T Rex arms.

Really? Warlock melee range is 7m, Hunter is what? 6, 6,5m? Titans going "up" to 4.5m is laughable.

And our melee abilities still only activate on kill, not on hit like warlocks.

The new shotgun changes explicitly stated as encouraging shotgun-melee which is a stealth nerf to Titans.

Hopefully catapult gets me into melee range quicker. But that's your only real melee change.

I think the other changes are good, but I'm skeptical of that melee has changed. We'll see on Tuesday.

Really? Warlock melee range is 7, Hunter is what? 6, 6,5m? Titans going "up" to 4.5m is laughable.

The new shotgun changes explicitly stated as encouraging shotgun-melee which is a stealth nerf to Titans.

Hopefully catapult gets me into melee range quicker. But that's your only real melee change.

I think the other changes are good, but I'm skeptical of that.

Oh lawd seeing those comparisons

where'd titans learn how to punch

Really? Warlock melee range is 7m, Hunter is what? 6, 6,5m? Titans going "up" to 4.5m is laughable.

I think the other changes are good, but I'm skeptical of that melee has changed. We'll see on Tuesday.

I will try it out before I criticize it. but I have a feeling the melee buff is not going to be good enough.

You decrypted them this close to an update? Ballsy.

Well, also remember that engram loot tables are usually locked. So even if most of the upcoming exotics are getting added to the engram tables, you still probably can't roll them from any engrams that drop before the update.

It's better than what they are now. lol

Strider

Man I know they haven't teased anything but I'm getting really optimistic about big destiny news at PAX tomorrow. Hype increasing...

I'm gonna end up disappointed aren't I? :( and it's all my own doing

I will try it out before I criticize it. but I have a feeling the melee buff is not going to be good enough.

To be fair, I think Sage knows that too.

Let's just say that I agree that the Titans should be the primary Melee Class, but that’s not going to happen overnight. We are not touching the melee for the other Classes, but are extending Titans.​

I would expect future class changes to have nerfs to melee range.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Man I know they haven't teased anything but I'm getting really optimistic about big destiny news at PAX tomorrow. Hype increasing...

I'm gonna end up disappointed aren't I? :( and it's all my own doing
Is it too soon from the release of TTK to expect fresh new content?

if it's not, then that's what I'm expecting.

GhaleonEB

You can expect something along the lines of The Dark Below, but without a raid. :p

My actual hopes for the near term:

• New (better) exotic quests. Tied to new exotics.
  • Some new story missions, ala the Taken War, set on existing spaces.
  • Updated "Taken-ified" versions of year 1 strikes that did not yet get that treatment.
  • New public events and tower events ala Festival of the Lost
  • New challenge modes in year 1 endgame (VoG, CE, PoE)
  • New Crucible maps and game types

I was thinking the same thing for the last 5 minutes lol

I'm wondering of the "this is ass'" / "this is booty" is like the difference between "this is shit" / "this is the shit", where the shit is clearly better than just shit.

someday

Banned

I wondered what the melee ranges were of the other classes when they only mentioned how much they were increasing Titan's. Seeing this, I don't understand how they feel this will make Titans a melee class.

It's not something the average player will ever get.

Its not easy, but im average as it gets. Got mine on sector 618. Golden gun + tripmine grenades and truth. It helps when the other team act like lemmings going for heavy on the stairs comming from A :)

Drizz can i play trials with you? My train with twilight last monday crashed at the last boss (that we were steamrolling) because i got dc'ed. Twilight suspects it was DDOS since my internet didnt go back up and therefore i missed reset.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Shit, I'd just want all Strikes and Crucible maps in one Playlist each. Having specific gear hidden away in Omniguhl and Phogoth strikes, but not have them all in one playlist is donkey butts.

Also make the weighting of each Crucible map the same as well, but put in IF[Previous Map=Next Map]THEN[Reroll Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom