• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really Bungie, lost a game because other team was lagging horribly? I don't care if we have similar tickets. Have connection based matchmaking. I'm not even getting sweaty but come on. This is ridiculous.

Some of the class talents in this game are just weird

Gunslinger doesn't have Quickdraw - Bladedancer does
Bladedancer has blink, but Stormcaller doesn't
Nightstalker doesn't have stealth builds, but Bladedancer does
Titans with the highest armor don't have the best melee combat, but Warlocks with the lowest armor do
Warlocks the slowest class but they're wearing the least amount of clothing

Why is armor so slow to level up again? I got a winged sun legs last weekend and have been using it and did a ton of bounties and its still at half. Its ridiculous. Im not using 50 motes to level it either.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Nightstalker doesn't have stealth builds, but Bladedancer does
Titans with the highest armor don't have the best melee combat, but Warlocks with the lowest armor do
Lead-lined robes, brah.

Nightstalker doesn't have Camo builds, but Bladedancer does

And somehow titans are the fastest class regardless of agility perks, go figure

And somehow titans are the fastest class regardless of agility perks, go figure

Well yeah, ever take physics? If it's bigger, it gains better momentum than light things.

Like...try throwing a Rock(Or as we call it, 'A Titan') vs. a Feather(Or as we call it, 'A Warlock'.)

Which one goes faster

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone have a rundown on what changes have been made on Destiny
I'm talking about what new stuff was added material or economy wise
What happened to destination materials
I know the vanguard and crucible marks got merged, but is there a weekly cap? or overall cap
I know that Legendary marks are now carried between all 3 chars, so can you do 3 NF and gain 3 times the LM?

I almost need a flowchart of how things changed and progressed for a person who hasn't touched the game since HoW dropped

I'm just trying to absorb info, bored here in the hospital
Watched a let's play and saw the whole TTK play through
Felt short main story, but there's so much side story in the mix

SnakeEyes

Banned
How much time do you have? Because I don't have enough time to explain all of the changes :D

Okay, here I go...

- Motes of Light are still a thing, but not used for anything other than power-levelling gear
- Strange Coins are still the currency of Xur, but you get less Heavy Ammo Synths from Xur for them. You also get 4 MoL and 4SC every time you rank up, as well as the engrams.
- Vanguard and Crucible Marks are now combined into Legendary marks, and you're capped ACCOUNT-WIDE at a capacity of 200 at any time. You can earn 30 a week (3x 10), per character, from the highest level Strike Playlist and you also get 3 for every legendary piece of gear you dismantle. There's no hard cap on how many you can earn in a week though.
- There is no longer the EXP buff from Nightfalls, as Bungie said it made people elitist. They want to bring it back at some point, but how/when/in what capacity is still to be determined.
- Exotic weapons and armour now are decrypted from engrams at either 290 Light level if you're below Light level 301, or a chance at 310 Light level if you 301+. I've also heard talk that Exotics will decrypt at either a guaranteed 310, or a much higher chance of a 310, if you're 311 Light level or above, but I've never seen confirmation of this.

Anyone have a rundown on what changes have been made on Destiny
I'm talking about what new stuff was added material or economy wise
What happened to destination materials
I know the vanguard and crucible marks got merged, but is there a weekly cap? or overall cap
I know that Legendary marks are now carried between all 3 chars, so can you do 3 NF and gain 3 times the LM?

I almost need a flowchart of how things changed and progressed for a person who hasn't touched the game since HoW dropped

I'm just trying to absorb info, bored here in the hospital
Watched a let's play and saw the whole TTK play through
Felt short main story, but there's so much side story in the mix

The most important bit-

They nerfed Weapon parts gain. They let you level weapons fast with motes of lights.

The 2nd most important bit-

You can buy weapon parts again! Unfortunately the armor levels slow.

Trakan

Why is armor so slow to level up again? I got a winged sun legs last weekend and have been using it and did a ton of bounties and its still at half. Its ridiculous. Im not using 50 motes to level it either.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned at all by Bungie.

Actually... yes, I can.

GraveRobberX

How much time do you have? Because I don't have enough time to explain all of the changes :D

I'll shoot my Year 1 GodHorn up your Guardians's ass
Then watch you rag doll :D

Also what the Fuck do I do with all of this...
zM9E4Af.jpg

My actual hopes for the near term:

• New (better) exotic quests. Tied to new exotics.
  • Some new story missions, ala the Taken War, set on existing spaces.
  • Updated "Taken-ified" versions of year 1 strikes that did not yet get that treatment.
  • New public events and tower events ala Festival of the Lost
  • New challenge modes in year 1 endgame (VoG, CE, PoE)
  • New Crucible maps and game types

They're going to need to add some sort of actually new end-game activity or they're going to lose quite a few regular players.

THOSE COINS

Those coins are gold

With 7 coins, you can buy 3 of coins.

3 of Coins lets you get exotic drops from ultras(Bosses), you pop one and get a chance to get an exotic drop.

Those coins however...they're round gold. They're hard to earn now, but you have alot. Enough to buy every exotic currently...current.

stay gold

Just watching a bit of Kraftyy's stream. He beat a team to go 9-0 and obviously used up their mercy. One of the guys he was carrying missed one of the boons, so he played 1 more game...and gets matched against the same poor bastards he just destroyed. I can only imagine their salt levels.

todd360

Just watching a bit of Kraftyy's stream. He beat a team to go 9-0 and obviously used up their mercy. One of the guys he was carrying missed one of the boons, so he played 1 more game...and gets matched against the same poor bastards he just destroyed. I can only imagine their salt levels.

Extreme salt.

GraveRobberX

Thanks breezy!

What about weapon parts
I have 3100+ in my vault
I know the class materials got merged into one and I can trade those in 100, 10, 1 to vendor to get the new one
I'll have roughly 4000 of those

I'm sitting on roughly 7200 destination materials
Each of my 3 chars has 600 of each material from each of the 4 planets

Strider

It'd be dope if they added another PvE mode to get 310+ gear. I just can't be bothered to do KF every week :/ not without a regular raid crew.

Idk man. I'm just a casual now that's not a 1%er.... And let me tell you the struggle is real. I don't have a single weapon or piece of gear that's above 310... People say LL doesn't matter for IB/trials but I was feeling it hard in the last IB. It would take my Bad JuJu 4 bursts to kill someone... It was awful.

Thanks breezy!

What about weapon parts
I have 3100+ in my vault
I know the class materials got merged into one and I can trade those in 100, 10, 1 to vendor to get the new one

You're pretty much set as far as materials go!

Glimmer can be used to also buy weapon orders from the gunsmith(Who you have to level up). You can also buy weapon synths with your glimmer to turn into factions in order to level them up faster than usual.

Also, when you come back make sure you choose your faction~ You gain rep for vanguard+Faction, or Crucible+Faction, not just one or the other.

SnakeEyes

Banned

zM9E4Af.jpg
LOL DOESN'T MATTER, GJALLARHORN IS DEAD!
I still cry at night over this... ;_;

Anyway, I edited my original post with some tidbits for you. In terms of the Commendations, they work the same as they did for HoW, where you burn them to get Rep for Factions as well as engrams.

OH, REP!
So. The way Rep works now is, instead of picking one place for all your Rep to go to, you now will always gain the full amount of Rep for either Vanguard or Crucible (activity applicable), and then you gain secondary Rep with whatever Faction you're aligned with at half of the amount of the primary Rep that was earned. Also, rewards from Rank Up packages that you've previously earned and then removed or weighted down on the loot table, so you're not going to run into getting double-ups of a shader/ship/emblem when there's other ones that you are still missing.

Also, you'll be using those Strange Coins to buy some Three of Coins, a new consumable from Xur that increases your chance for an Exotic engram drop from a Ultra enemy (Story/Strike/Raid bosses, Shades of Oryx, etc.)
Don't bother using more than one 3oC at a time, or more than one in more than a 10 minute time period. There's a hidden effectiveness to the 3oC and it's a reduced success chance if the 30S buff is expended more than one every 10-15mins. The exact time period has never been specified though, only "the average length of a Strike."

Thanks breezy!

What about weapon parts
I have 3100+ in my vault

Just keep the weopon parts. I started ttk at about 2k, now im having to buy them

Youll level up factions, vanguard, crucible real quick with all those commendation, guaranteed legendary in packages now. But ud save them until your over 200 light.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah, quite a bit.

---

My hopes for the patch: MORE VAULT SPACE

I can't even play because my coffers are stuffed.
How is this even a thing? All your Year 1 gear should be gone, and all your Year 2 gear should either be on your character or infused into other gear :D

Daemul

Yeah, quite a bit.

---

My hopes for the patch: MORE VAULT SPACE

I can't even play because my coffers are stuffed.

Dafuq do you have in your vault? I have 50 legendaries I'm saving for next week in order to quickly accumulate marks and I haven't even used half of my allocated vault space.

E92 M3

How is this even a thing? All your Year 1 gear should be gone, and all your Year 2 gear should either be on your character or infused into other gear :D

I have a lot of Year 1 saved as trophies of the past - will never delete it :)

Also, do have a bunch of infusion fuel that has nowhere to go.

Dafuq do you have in your vault? I have 50 legendaries I'm saving for next week in order to quickly accumulate marks and I haven't even used half of my allocated vault space.

Exotic engrams, infusion fuel and some choice Year 1 weapons like Shadow Price and The Devil You Know, for example.

GraveRobberX

Sorry for all the questions, but Legendary marks, what's the breakdown now on those?

GraveRobberX

Used for infusing gear, buying Legendary engrams from Rahool or gear from sellers as before, buying access to Year 2 versions of Exotics you've gotten as Year 1s.

I was looking but couldn't find if there's a cap on them weekly or total
Saw you don't get that many and I read or heard they're shared between all 3 characters
Like you get shit from NF I see and daily, I think weekly got removed
3 strikes per week give you max amount or some shit

This stuff seriously needs to be written out lol

SnakeEyes

Banned
I was looking but couldn't find if there's a cap on them weekly or total
Saw you don't get that many and I read or heard they're shared between all 3 characters
Like you get shit from NF I see and daily, I think weekly got removed
3 strikes per week give you max amount or some shit

This stuff seriously needs to be written out lol
There's no hard cap, but you are limited in what you can earn. As I said in an earlier post, you can get 3x10 per character per week for the first 3 Heroic Strikes you complete, then there's 3 per Legendary gear piece you dismantle, and you also get 25 for completing the Nightfall (but I don't know if it's just the first NF a week, or 25 per character per week.)

I agree, and I think we'll see that too. No idea what kind of time frame to expect them on, though.

I have 902 motes of light. :\

I don't understand?

Why don't you use like 700 of them to level up a faction or something? I can't imagine Motes ever getting more useful than that.

First time in 600+ hours that a bug forced me to close the game. I was in the vault and pressed options and the character screen just wouldnt close no matter what. Pretty rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom