• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Thanks for the carry last night Drizz and Ghazi! Really enjoyed it. Went up against some laggy ass bullshit, and I played like an absolute scrub in a couple of matches (one of which we lost), but otherwise it was super smooth. 316 pulse rifle hype. Was hoping for dat' hose, but hopefully next Wednesday's Arminus Roll will be good and I can infuse it up with this.

Ji66a-Man

Got my referee to 272 with random blues, Stag, and Telesto. Gonna run the Nightfall now and there's one spot open.
PSN: Ji66a_Man

Widow's Court feels surprisingly different with the new meta. Hardly any rushing or shotgun use. It's more common to see teams hang back than pressing after the first kill. Having the top spawn feels far more advantageous than previously.

It's still probably one of, if not, my favorite trials map.

LTWood12

Is the Arminus going to become a thing, I've had one sitting in my vault for ages with persistence and braced frame

Using the Nechrocasm this week converted me.

Somewhat related, I shit you not Atheon's Epilogue fucking shreds in the nightfall. Made a believer out of T-44 and JohnofMars. After one wipe at the warsat, they saw I had twice as my kills as both of them with it. They equipped theirs & it was Hose City. Switched off of of it at the boss, but we rocked Triple Epilogues all the way up to it.

maomaoIYP

Widow's Court feels surprisingly different with the new meta. Hardly any rushing or shotgun use. It's more common to see teams hang back than pressing after the first kill. Having the top spawn feels far more advantageous than previously.

Agreed, great map to practice sniping as well. Reduced numbers of bladedancers probably contributes quite a bit to the lower shotgun usage. I think I saw a grand total of 2 BDs after playing the whole day.

i feel like i'm somewhere in the middle in terms of trials skill where i can't ask for good players but i don't want to do only bounties runs.

:(

Agreed, great map to practice sniping as well. Reduced numbers of bladedancers probably contributes quite a bit to the lower shotgun usage. I think I saw a grand total of 2 BDs after playing the whole day.

The only BD I saw was on our team, I only came across one sunsinger as well. It was all sunbreakers, nightstalkers and the occasional gunslinger and voidwalker

Yeah when everyone played BD teams would close distances more quickly, but now there's more variety. Snipers being easier to use is also probably a factor. I'm tempted to try a run where I shotgun at some point this weekend to see how it goes.

I think I saw a grand total of 2 BDs after playing the whole day.

That makes Drizzay a sad panda

rn5jCJp.jpg

NStalker isn't nearly as fun on this map as Anomaly, Rusted Lands, or Exodus Blue. Still fun though.

I agree with everything Slammin said for Widows in the new meta, but that stuff made it like it less than in HoW. More than anything I just wanted another new Trials map. Keeping fingers crossed for next week having another map's Trials debut, no Burning Shrine please.

Is there a trick to open the door leading to Xur?

Step 1: Load into orbit.
Step 2: Fly to the Tower.
Step 3: Enter hangar, turn immediately right.
Step 4: ????????????
Step 5: Profit.

rn5jCJp.jpg

NStalker isn't nearly as fun on this map as Anomaly, Rusted Lands, or Exodus Blue. Still fun though.

I agree with everything Slammin said for Widows in the new meta, but that stuff made it like it less than in HoW. More than anything I just wanted another new Trials map. Keeping fingers crossed for next week having another map's Trials debut, no Burning Shrine please.

did you see Mantis's tweet https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/672924326480519172 I reckon its going to be a brand new one

GlamFM

Banned

rn5jCJp.jpg

Step 1: Load into orbit.
Step 2: Fly to the Tower.
Step 3: Enter hangar, turn immediately right.
Step 4: ????????????
Step 5: Profit.

Wait what!? Why did I think he was in the Reef?

the_id

Yeah when everyone played BD teams would close distances more quickly, but now there's more variety. Snipers being easier to use is also probably a factor. I'm tempted to try a run where I shotgun at some point this weekend to see how it goes.
That was actually the best Trials I've ever done. Thanks! Sucks we couldn't get to 7 but oh well...maybe next time.

EDIT: I Just got my second 310 Jade Rabbit. Working as intended indeed.

Wait what!? Why did I think he was in the Reef?
I did the same thing as well man. I thought the game was more broken than usual.

I preferred Widow's Court in HoW as well. I much prefer being aggressive after getting a kill and pulse rifles aren't ideal for that.

Oh boy please no Burning Shrine. I'm still burnt out on that map from last trials. I don't know what other maps I'd like that haven't yet been used. Probably Shores of Time and Vertigo. If it's ever Drifter or Frontier I'll probably skip those weeks.

i feel like i'm somewhere in the middle in terms of trials skill where i can't ask for good players but i don't want to do only bounties runs.

:(

Simple solution: ask for better players. Or at least post/request players that are aiming for Mercury. It's not about stats or K/D or anything but just ensuring like-minded players who are interested in the same gaming experience.

Calling it now, sector 618.

1) run straight out
2) throw nades
3) clusterfuck
4) ??????????
5) profit

Edit: I feel you Drizz, I miss playing BD too. Trials is so different for me as a gunslinger now, but I still like it.

Blessed be the name: console exclusivity. Can't be Sector, thanks Sony!

Have you messed w NStalker much? I like Gunslinger but it's always felt too slow for me. I love having a "dodge" ability (blink then, shade-step now). Makes the game feel a tiny bit like a 3rd person action game ala DMC. I should force myself to play GS more, it's just too good not to play it.

everything about this sounds worse.

less people using blink the better IMO.

maomaoIYP

Have you messed w NStalker much? I like Gunslinger but it's always felt too slow for me. I love having a "dodge" ability (blink then, shade-step now). Makes the game feel a tiny bit like a 3rd person action game ala DMC. I should force myself to play GS more, it's just too good not to play it.
Yeah, but only for regular PvP. I'm not used to shadestep and I can't predict Titan movement well enough to shutdown sunbreakers. In addition I'm still trying to collect gear for a max INT/STR setup, my usual hunter gear is max INT/DIS. A full poison smoke can deal about 100 damage doesn't it? Much better than their nades.

Simple solution: ask for better players. Or at least post/request players that are aiming for Mercury. It's not about stats or K/D or anything but just ensuring like-minded players who are interested in the same gaming experience.

I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately there tends to be some exclusivity to the regular groups who know they can rely on each other to consistently go flawless.

For the rest of us plebs it seems to be, given the new matchmaking, a lot of heartbreak once we get past 5-6 wins. It's understandable because no one deserves to be carried but when it happens it still is nice.

The grind to get better gear for Refer-a-Friend referee is real. Trying to get strange coins and better light rares from Court of Oryx now.

lol I lucked out, my RaF buddy was already 40/280 when we started the quest :p

I'll be trying to level a new character soon so I need to figure out the best way for this. And then eventually get carried through some raids or NFs or something.

I'd offer to come help out now but we just had a power outage. Never know how long these damn things will last.

New character? You deleted your warlock?

Ji66a-Man

lol I lucked out, my RaF buddy was already 40/280 when we started the quest :p

I just finished an all-day marathon getting biteren from LL 170 to LL 275 while doing all of the Refer-a-Friend quests. Getting better light rares and strange coins to drop was the real grind.

Yeah, but only for regular PvP. I'm not used to shadestep and I can't predict Titan movement well enough to shutdown sunbreakers. In addition I'm still trying to collect gear for a max INT/STR setup, my usual hunter gear is max INT/DIS. A full poison smoke can deal about 100 damage doesn't it? Much better than their nades.

A few NS tips/thoughts:

-you'll pick up shade step pretty quickly. Focus on misdirection. In CQB, shade step right then hop back left while tossing smoke+nade right to give somebody the slip. Or shade step backwards then jump up to avoid shotgun rush. Or shade step past a sightline then quickly back behind cover to check sniper lanes. Get sneaky revives. Lots of variations, lots of utility.

-max Str is a must. I've actually built 310+ gear sets for both max INT/STR and max DIS/STR (24 second grenades, 29 second smoke) on my Hunter. The main drawback for d/s is that Graviton doesn't roll d/s so you can't have both shade step and keen scout. You can run either Sealed Ahamkara for double smoke or Crest for fast revives. Sadly Sealed gauntlets can't roll primary reload speed but can get sniper+rocket (can switch between them).

-Vortex nades + smoke have excellent synergy. None of the NStalker grenades are strong on their own for vortex and Voidwall are great w smoke and good for area control even w/o smoke.

Calling it now, sector 618.

1) run straight out
2) throw nades
3) clusterfuck
4) ??????????
5) profit

Edit: I feel you Drizz, I miss playing BD too. Trials is so different for me as a gunslinger now, but I still like it.

Sector is exclusive so it can't show up in Trials until next year.

But it's in Elimination...and it plays as bad as you'd expect.

I'm guessing next week's map is either Shores of Time (the most popular map according to several polls) or a brand new map that they're unveiling soon. No other map is worth the tease unless he's implying it'll be Burning Shrine again.

maomaoIYP

A few NS tips/thoughts:

-you'll pick up shade step pretty quickly. Focus on misdirection. In CQB, shade step right then hop back left while tossing smoke+nade right to give somebody the slip. Or shade step backwards then jump up to avoid shotgun rush. Or shade step past a sightline then quickly back behind cover to check sniper lanes. Get sneaky revives. Lots of variations, lots of utility.

-max Str is a must. I've actually built 310+ gear sets for both max INT/STR and max DIS/STR (24 second grenades, 29 second smoke) on my Hunter. The main drawback for d/s is that Graviton doesn't roll d/s so you can't have both shade step and keen scout. You can run either Sealed Ahamkara for double smoke or Crest for fast revives. Sadly Sealed gauntlets can't roll primary reload speed but can get sniper+rocket (can switch between them).

-Vortex nades + smoke have excellent synergy. None of the NStalker grenades are strong on their own for vortex and Voidwall are great w smoke and good for area control even w/o smoke.
Good stuff thanks, will practice a bit once I get my gear together. Will need to remind myself that I'm playing NS, I've been a getting little too used to throwing a knife as a GS.

i tried that but its hard. i havent been to the lighthouse year 2 and that immidiately disqualifies me for most LFGers despite having a medium to okay kd (1.5)

maomaoIYP

i tried that but its hard. i havent been to the lighthouse year 2 and that immidiately disqualifies me for most LFGers despite having a medium to okay kd (1.5)
Eh? Just play with gaffers. There are some fantastically skilled and friendly players here! Besides, even if we don't make it there it's usually a great time.

Namikaze1

Like I said yesterday, they're just gonna reveal a couple new Crucible maps being added to the game for free at PSX. I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Deku Tree

PSX megatons...

Are they coming?

A few new possibly good (or not) story missions.... And an even designed around cosmetic MT... And maybe some new exotic quests... And no new raid?

1pm est or 10am pst ... We're gonna find out.

Namikaze1

Emotes is already confirmed through the most recent BWU.
There will most likely be a Christmas themed event like Halloween's later on in the month.
If the word raid is mentioned, it will be tied to the previous raids and not a new one.
New crucible maps are almost guaranteed.

emotes are confirmed. most likely another holiday event and they're probably giving us a new map or two. who knows - maybe a map on europa.
You saw the gif? I made it just for you. :p

Emotes is already confirmed through the most recent BWU.
There will most likely be a Christmas themed event like Halloween's later on in the month.
If the word raid is mentioned, it will be tied to the previous raids and not a new one.
New crucible maps are almost guaranteed.

You saw the gif? I made it just for you. :p

more interested in the pulse rifle nerf than the sunbreaker nerf.

Anyone up for a hopefully quick Warpriest x2? I don't have CP though, but I'll see if I can borrow one...

...Does anyone have a totems or WP CP I can borrow? :3

1) PewPewPewBow
2, 3, 4, 5, 6?

ethomaz

Banned
I need to do my last Warpriest Challenge.

1. PewPewPewBow
2. ethomaz

Please don't make me go to LFG :p

I have the CP.

Anyone up for a hopefully quick Warpriest x2? I don't have CP though, but I'll see if I can borrow one...

...Does anyone have a totems or WP CP I can borrow? :3

1) PewPewPewBow
2, 3, 4, 5, 6?
I have the CP and I can help in the second run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom