• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like I haven't played in months when it's really been about 2 weeks lol. Been going through a break up (sucks big time) and having to stay back at my moms until I find another place is beyond excruciating. Going to try to catch up on anything I've missed

Jinjo

Time to start hunting INT / STR gear for my Striker. :)

Why? Strikers have the best grenades of all classes. Flash Bang and Lightning grenades. If anything go for Disc - Str gear. Fist of Havoc is still not that great (especially in PvE)

lt519

Starting to pull together a WP HM Challenge were going to need three, starting within the hour. Will probably run it twice and have the checkpoint, psn rarbusto

I'll be trying to level a new character soon so I need to figure out the best way for this. And then eventually get carried through some raids or NFs or something.

I'd offer to come help out now but we just had a power outage. Never know how long these damn things will last.

Wait what??? Xbox?!

Spends a week trying to get a decent primary weapon.

Finally get a legendary weapon engram.

Gets something thats far and away my best gun but its a god damn Hand canon.

X-Frame

As the most enthusiastic of the resident Striker enthusiasts, I wanted to hear more about your impressions for the Striker changes. I know you're excited but what did you have in mind for builds, play styles etc? I do miss it considering how little Striker I've played in TTK.

Haha, I'm so pumped.

If Catapult is a worthy alternative to Increased Control (faster straight line skating, less control/flexibility) then I may choose that in order to close distances faster, especially on shorter maps like Twilight Gap where acceleration is more important than "long-range" skating. I'm not sure how much the 5% boost buff will make though. It was very interesting to read that Bungie was afraid Catapult was so OP that they nerfed it pre-release, yet shipped Blink as it was. It must've been a monster movement perk. Increased Control is just more forgiving right now, but I'd love a new option.

I'm likely never going to give up Shoulder Charge (surprise, haha), but Headstrong (increased sprint speed) + Juggernaut + MIDA/Shotgun will be fun; moving fast and closing distances more safely especially since you can now skate with Juggernaut activated. Twilight Garrison as well to possibly be able to skate, air dodge all while maintaining the Juggernaut shield then continue skating.

Obviously, the most buffs came to Storm Fist. Pretty significant damage buffs all around plus with a slight melee range increase (plus with incredible shotgun nerfs coming) means the Striker may be a pain in the ass in close quarters finally. Overload increasing the recharge by 50% is not quite as good as Stoke the Forge (that recharge is increased by 100%, or cut in half), but it'll help bring Tier 0 Strength from 1 minute to 45 seconds, unless I am reading that wrong. A max-damage Discharge Storm Fist is doing 159 damage now (25 more than regular Storm Fist), so it should be doing upwards of 180 post-2.1.

As much as I can't wait for the Greaves, Twilight Garrison, and Armamentarium I have a feeling like the Skullfort helm is going to be quite powerful now; giving Transfusion for free allowing you to take Headstrong for the +1 Agility and sprint speed bonus, a free melee recharge upon respawn and holding 2 charges could be quite fun with the buffed Storm Fist in 6v6. I'm assuming there will be much less people with shotguns next week.

Why? Strikers have the best grenades of all classes. Flash Bang and Lightning grenades. If anything go for Disc - Str gear. Fist of Havoc is still not that great (especially in PvE)

Yup, I was just getting excited. As far as my stat build, I'm thinking Tier 5 Discipline still (because Lightning grenades, nothing better), Tier 2 Strength then as much Intellect as I can get. Tier 2 Strength with the new Overload becomes a 25 second cool down or essentially Tier 5 Strength normally, plus with chances of it instantly refreshing. Will synergize well with the buffed Transfusion and 2 charges with the Skullfort. Otherwise, like Jingo said DISC / STR may end up being more effective, just focusing on being a pure neutral game monster and save FoH for panic or super countering situations.

All in all, there are a lot more "strong paths" for builds as Sage likes to call it. Unstoppable, Shoulder Charge, and Juggernaut are now all viable in that tree. Headstrong, Aftershocks, and Transfusion are all viable in that tree. Every single Storm Fist upgrade is now viable with the damage buffs, with Amplify being quite interesting in PvE if it recharges 1/3rd the super meter with each kill.

keakster

Starting to pull together a WP HM Challenge were going to need three, starting within the hour. Will probably run it twice and have the checkpoint, psn rarbusto

I just got my alt up to 303 (Sunsinger), willing to take me along?

psn: keakster

Namikaze1

We using the DestinyGAF= The Best chatroom. If anyone wants to join in, just tell me your twitch name and I'll send an invite.

Think there will be any destiny news?
Don't expect anything big like a new raid or DLC. Keep your expectations in check. That way you won't get disappointed.

We using the DestinyGAF= The Best chatroom. If anyone wants to join in, just tell me your twitch name and I'll send an invite.

Don't expect anything big like a new raid or DLC. Keep your expectations in check. That way you won't get disappointed.

"DestinyGAF=The Best" = the best DestinyGAF chat room.

Also, good advice about potential announcements. Personally I'm not expecting anything more than new silver expenses.

Namikaze1

Damn. Chatroom is dead. It's just me talking shit in there. I mean getting all hyped up. Yeah...

Also, the most I'm expecting from Bungie is the announcement of some new Crucible maps.

Iceman829

Anyone on Xbox One looking to kill HM Oryx or play trials today? I'll be in and out due to christmas decorations duty. Drop a message here or send it to my GT - Iceman829

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom