• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, was going to log into Destiny when I saw I didn't have psn + anymore... Completely forgot about that, even with their notice.

so how's widow's court? :p

Yo dawg, I heard you like sniping so I put some snipes in with your snipes.

It's okay. Personally I'm really tired of it and it doesn't play as well as it did during HoW. Or maybe it does and I'm just that tired of it. I'd been enjoying new Trials maps, even ones like Firebase I didn't necessarily like.

Ken

You already make alot of orbs using the nightstalker perks. So its pointless exotic IMO.

But Skyburners can make even more, right?!

I vote, Skyburn.
My real vote is to save your coins and buy heavy or 3oC.

I rarely use a lot of heavy. 9/10 times my Titan is using either Saints 14 or Immolation Fist and 1/10 is Alpha Lupi.
I would want Skyburner's because I really like making orbs. However, my current graviton isn't 310 so I never bothered with the thing. Can't be bothered with incremental upgrades on bad gear anymore. The cost to upgrade on anything but unique items is too much.

Kind of funny that most Exotics aren't unique. The only exotics worth materials either start at 310 or can't be obtained at 310.

Strikes drops, quest exotics and class specifics are the only items I would have ever bothered infusing if I could go back.

Speaking of wings just finished preparing a large batch of them. Got half backyard brew and half brown sugar bourbon sitting in marinade. Good time.

I still have a ton of heavy from Y1 Skolas Gjally Waiting Room Fun Times and I haven't touched TTK's raids yet so I doubt I'll need them anytime soon. All I do is Crucible and Vanguard Strikes.

recks

Get out of here with that passive aggressive bullshit. If you think i'm stealth begging for membership then call me out on that.

I'm not asking or even implying for anyone to offer me a sub.
Don't worry. It wasn't passive agressive.

If I only have enough coins for 1, do I get Ruin Wings or Skyburners? My Hunter's only Y2 exotic is Knucklehead, and my Titan has Saints from last week's Xur and Immolation Fists. Never got Y1 Wings.
Ruin Wings all day. So good when you see all these purple dropping...

SheHateMe

I need one person's help really quick, since Matchmaking is being an ass.

Trying to complete a Heroic Strike real quick. Can anyone help me out?

Instant__Vintage

Strider

Welp.

It's now the 5th where I live. Is today the day Dgaf. IS TODAY THE DAY!?

PSX hype! Don't disappoint Bungie. Be there and announce new content damn it!

Yo dawg, I heard you like sniping so I put some snipes in with your snipes.

It's okay. Personally I'm really tired of it and it doesn't play as well as it did during HoW. Or maybe it does and I'm just that tired of it. I'd been enjoying new Trials maps, even ones like Firebase I didn't necessarily like.

Ah that's a shame. Well I'm here in SF for PSX. I'll be back late Sunday if you want to try and do a card?

just saw a guy get one mote of light from a nightfall and just shrugged

same ol shit

and its going to have taken bungie a year and some change to have changed a simple value for catapult which has been broken from day 1

Ah that's a shame. Well I'm here in SF for PSX. I'll be back late Sunday if you want to try and do a card?

Yeah I'm definitely up for more runs this weekend. Maybe Wicked will make an appearance eventually. I think Rubenov should have more time this weekend relative to today.

I just wish I was better and/or we'd get matched against less pro teams. Every match after 7-0 has been both MLG and laggy :-/

Yeah, I know. Just giving you a compliment as well :3

There are some players that are able to do good with any class and any weapon, but I ain't one of them. Gunslinger with The Last Word and Sniper combo will always suit me best. The combo is based around pure aggression, verticality and precision. So long as I approach an encounter with the upper hand and an escape route, and provided I land all of my shots, I should be an unstoppable force on the battlefield.

No other class works for me, aside from maybe Striker with high dual flashbangs and Mida. Any other weapon combination takes away from my mobility and aggressive movement. I don't think Gunslinger is a good class for playing passively, so the further away from the action I am, the less influential I can be.

Yeah I'm definitely up for more runs this weekend. Maybe Wicked will make an appearance eventually. I think Rubenov should have more time this weekend relative to today.

I just wish I was better and/or we'd get matched against less pro teams. Every match after 7-0 has been both MLG and laggy :-/

We are Jean-Claude Van Damme and they are Chong Li. This is Bloodsport.

tumblr_mmhop7nUIb1r04g55o3_400.gif

I just want to be able to take my nephew on his first Mercury trip ever. 6-0 (and up 4-0) that we got tonight was his closest ever.

He's been improving and even does revive snipes now

Strider

So you tried playing with a KB/M setup or just messing with settings so far? How's the latency?

Id love a legit PC port of destiny :( I'd convert so fast

Yo, how'd your games go earlier today? W Darryl and maomaoIYP iirc?

FIFY ;)

But been awhile since I played, so def felt a bit rusty. Won 6 or 7/10 matches. Had a few good sweaty matches were we came back and won. Other times we either got pwned by some good damn snipers.

Looking forward to the new weapon patch :)

let me know if you wanna play sometimes, been awhile

There are some players that are able to do good with any class and any weapon, but I ain't one of them. Gunslinger with The Last Word and Sniper combo will always suit me best. The combo is based around pure aggression, verticality and precision. So long as I approach an encounter with the upper hand and an escape route, and provided I land all of my shots, I should be an unstoppable force on the battlefield.

No other class works for me, aside from maybe Striker with high dual flashbangs and Mida. Any other weapon combination takes away from my mobility and aggressive movement. I don't think Gunslinger is a good class for playing passively, so the further away from the action I am, the less influential I can be.
Gotcha. Its interesting to how you take consideration of the map and sticking to your strong points.

The only thing I tend to consider about the map, if its more suited for snipers or shotguns. Besides that, hopefully communications and my gun skills will let me win an encounter. I can do above average most of the time, but there is always a group I encounter thats manage to out play me in everything :/

I feel like I tend to get "tunnel vision" on my game play and stick to "similar game play" when they are not working for me.

Sorry trout, I had a little to drink and passed out. I'm gonna be around all weekend as usual though! Ready whenever you are.

Cool, i'll be on around lunchtime (UK)

glass needles are awesome. just rerolled my alpha lupi with intellect disc, hand cannon/shotgun ammo, and arc for intellect disc, hand cannon/sniper ammo, and solar.

Probably the best thing they've done. I've rolled all my chest pieces with Sniper and corresponding +Armour (with sniper boots it gives you 12 on spawn) Helms with inverse shadow and assets to assets, even better when the new meta drops I can reroll all my gauntlets to HC without losing progress

I can't play on Widow's Court. I'm not good at long range sniping and the Pulse Rifle playstyle doesn't work for me. That's basically how Widow's Court is played. I wont be able to help anyone on this map, and if I don't enjoy playing on it, it'll show. The last thing I want to do is get annoyed while helping people, that's why I have that rule in place for myself.

It's literally the only map i have an absolute boycott on for Trials.

I switched to TLW and Sniper for my second card and did way better. For the size of the map it rarely plays out in long range snipe offs. TLW definitely saved our ass a few rounds

Edit Mantis with a teaser for next weeks map https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/672924326480519172 what do we reckon, new map hype?

Frenden

Banned
Okay. So, latency is on par with playing with a Vita. Maybe a tad better (the dev says as much--the wifi in the Vita is notoriously shitty, so ymmv depending on your adapter in your PC).

The mouse dream is dead. Input is too choppy and requires too much picking up and scooping like an old, low dpi mouse. I have a few very high dpi gaming mice with variable dpi scaling and no setting really worked.

My 360 controller works pretty well. The Hori works even better.

Ji66a-Man

The grind to get better gear for Refer-a-Friend referee is real. Trying to get strange coins and better light rares from Court of Oryx now.

The grind to get better gear for Refer-a-Friend referee is real. Trying to get strange coins and better light rares from Court of Oryx now.

Try to do the quests that give legendary marks + Daily when you can, then buy a piece of gear from the Vanguard. Then get carried through the heroic, and hopefully get a different engram than what you bought. Finally get carried through the Nightfall once you hit 241, this one might be a pain though due to the Warsat part. That's what I did anyway took me about 7 strikes to get the required light for the Nightfall plus what I said above. I tried to get stuff from court, but as a result of the character being brand new it lacked the necessary runes to get guaranteed drops and CoO was pretty average in terms of drops.

Tomorrow is the playstation keynote at 10 am. Dotto, planet destiny and more console the 3 big destiny you tube guys were flown out by activison. So some new destiny thing will be announced. Doubt it will be taken king big but it will be some short of new destiny dlc.

Ji66a-Man

Try to do the quests that give legendary marks + Daily when you can, then buy a piece of gear from the Vanguard. Then get carried through the heroic, and hopefully get a different engram than what you bought. Finally get carried through the Nightfall once you hit 241, this one might be a pain though due to the Warsat part. That's what I did anyway took me about 7 strikes to get the required light for the Nightfall plus what I said above. I tried to get stuff from court, but as a result of the character being brand new it lacked the necessary runes to get guaranteed drops and CoO was pretty average in terms of drops.

My referree is 256 now and is trying to grind Court for better gear and 3 more strange coins to buy a Telesto.

the_id

Tomorrow is the playstation keynote at 10 am. Dotto, planet destiny and more console the 3 big destiny you tube guys were flown out by activison. So some new destiny thing will be announced. Doubt it will be taken king big but it will be some short of new destiny dlc.
Cool...expect one step forward, 2 step backwards announcement then.

BTW, where the heck did Xur go? Last I checked he was in the Vestian Outpost but he's no longer there.

I'll be trying to level a new character soon so I need to figure out the best way for this. And then eventually get carried through some raids or NFs or something.

I'd offer to come help out now but we just had a power outage. Never know how long these damn things will last.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cool...expect one step forward, 2 step backwards announcement then.

BTW, where the heck did Xur go? Last I checked he was in the Vestian Outpost but he's no longer there.

went back to the hangar, right at the entrance, cause the door to Xur bugged out too often :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom