• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much sweat tonight. A few too many connection issues and far too many aimbot snipers.

On a more positive note I'm now top 1% for kills and precision kills on Destinytracker. All that means though is I've played far too much. To make matters even worse I only really got serious about crucible in HoW

Edit: holy shit an hour without a post. I should not have broken the silence. RIP in peace Destiny.

LTWood12

At this point, with no word of any new upcoming PvE story content, I'd say the odds are we aren't going to get anything this year similar in scope to House of Wolves. Hell they aren't even refreshing the vendors in December. Every two months we're going to get a bone thrown our way. February they'll do something with Prison of Elders or an old raid(s). April/May we'll
get the rest of the exotics we're waiting on and some kind of material that brings year one gear into year 2. They might even bring back Gjallarhorn at this point.

There won't be DLC in year 2 other than silver. Vex void, and Forge of the Gods are getting pushed to Destiny 2. I'm guessing the ambition is to make year 3 incredible enough to make us forget about the year 2 draught.

I have a lot more thoughts on this but is 4:45 am and I'm pooped.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Too much sweat tonight. A few too many connection issues and far too many aimbot snipers.

On a more positive note I'm now top 1% for kills and precision kills on Destinytracker. All that means though is I've played far too much. To make matters even worse I only really got serious about crucible in HoW

Edit: holy shit an hour without a post. I should not have broken the silence. RIP in peace Destiny.
I've spent the evening reliving the awesomeness that was Sony's E3 2015 conference. The GameTrailers panel had it right when they said that was the Conference of All Time.

Looks like My destiny playtime is on a downward spiral even more. As fun as sparrow racing is, and new (old) exotics are it'll only take a while till I have all of them and have exhausted the content once again.

If this is what we can expect for every second year then it's gonna be a very long 10 years.

I know I will come back every time there is a a content drop. But those are gonna be few and far between.

Anyone else having weird connection issues on PSN lately? Like NAT party issues and random kicks from games? Last 3 nights from crucible my party members have had issues and it's obviously extended to trials, which is doubly frustrating. Seems like the worst week for connection and lag issues I've ever seen in destiny

We literally lost a game due to party chat completely shitting out, and then game chat had NAT type with people that have never had NAT issues, so frustrating. To top it off especially with snipes I've noticed, I get kills that are definitely not head shots but I get them and then I get for sure head shots and they aren't even body, it's so stupid.

It's been 3 months. There is a lot of content in this game, but only a third of it is

A) relevant to progression
B) easily accessible in matchmaking

Half of the strikes aren't in the main strike playlist; most of the PvP maps are weighted lower than the new ones unless you play the classic playlists, which have longer matchmaking times and put you in the gametype you probably don't want to play.

Events like this are awesome; it's one thing i love about MMO type games. But if they're going to be stretching things out for the next 9 months, then they should at least include the rest of the damn game in there to keep players occupied.

And they most likely are. There's no way they don't have a sustain plan in place to reintroduce the old content somehow, along with all those economy stuff. It's probably in the pipeline for the January update. Bungie are the masters at recylcing content after all, so it's inevitable. Dan Miller basically confirmed Vault of Glass would be updated when I played with him last month. What better way to reintroduce Year 2 Mythoclast and Necrochasm than with a quest?

It's fair for players to feel anxious when they see these events pop up without any official peep about what else is on the horizon. Aside from the odd map or strike, I doubt we'll see any significant content aside from this, so they can at least let the cat whisper out of the bag a bit.

It's been 3 months. There is a lot of content in this game, but only a third of it is

A) relevant to progression
B) easily accessible in matchmaking

Half of the strikes aren't in the main strike playlist; most of the PvP maps are weighted lower than the new ones unless you play the classic playlists, which have longer matchmaking times and put you in the gametype you probably don't want to play.

Events like this are awesome; it's one thing i love about MMO type games. But if they're going to be stretching things out for the next 9 months, then they should at least include the rest of the damn game in there to keep players occupied.

And they most likely are. There's no way they don't have a sustain plan in place to reintroduce the old content somehow, along with all those economy stuff. It's probably in the pipeline for the January update. Bungie are the masters at recylcing content after all, so it's inevitable. Dan Miller basically confirmed Vault of Glass would be updated when I played with him last month. What better way to reintroduce Year 2 Mythoclast and Necrochasm than with a quest

It's fair for players to feel anxious when they see these events pop up without any official peep about what else is on the horizon. Aside from the odd map or strike, I doubt we'll see any significant content aside from this, so they can at least let the cat whisper out of the bag a bit.

The only real end game content is Osiris, which is how it should be, PvP based that is. However I have no desire to play the PvE based "end game content" strictly due to the RNG nature of the progression. Even if I don't progress, the lighthouse feels much more like an end game activity than anything else.

The only real end game content is Osiris, which is how it should be, PvP based that is. However I have no desire to play the PvE based "end game content" strictly due to the RNG nature of the progression. Even if I don't progress, the lighthouse feels much more like an end game activity than anything else.

End Game in TTK currently is

Iron Banner
Weekly Strikes
Trials of Osiris
King's Fall

Compared to Vanilla which was

Weekly Strikes
Vault of Glass

And Dark Below which was

Iron Banner
Weekly Strikes
Crota's End

And House of Wolves which was

Iron Banner
Weekly Strikes
Trials of Osiris
Vault of Glass
Crota's End
Prison of Elders

The_Descolada

Neo Member
I enjoy how they've updated IB to kinda be its own thing and have endgame rewards (maybe not quite as prestigious as the Lighthouse but still very good). Trials stresses me out tbh, I've gotten burned too many times on just nearly getting flawless so the 6v6 TDM style game modes in IB are relaxing and fun in comparison.

I enjoy how they've updated IB to kinda be its own thing and have endgame rewards (maybe not quite as prestigious as the Lighthouse but still very good).

Actually IB last time around gave better rewards than lighouse or KF for most people including yours truly.

Anyone doing newbie raids still? All i need is hard Oryx kill but will run full raid too i have knight and no knight strategy etched into my brain if i could only find a competent team.Light lvl is 311-312 yea rng hasnt been kind thank goodness for challenge mode.

Psn is legendkilla3rd if anyone can help out id greatly appreciate it.

Hi guys, I've lurked for a bit but my account just got validated so HI! I'm Bec!
(PS4 PSN ID The_Descolada)

Hi Bec, welcome to DGAF. The thread has slowed down a bit (other great games are out right now) but DGAF is always here. Please let us know if you have any questions and feel free to share your thoughts!

E92 M3

I don't disagree with this notion despite disliking that Sparrow Races is our next big thing.

In World of Warcraft for example.....raiding was only one of the things I did. All the other time I spent playing the game? Making money, exploring old areas, going through soloing stuff...if Destiny ever gets to the point where 5 years from now I can tell my friends 'Lemme run you through the first raid ever', that'd be great. Something to do, reminisce, just enjoy....

That's what I crave.

I guess that's why the thing I dislike most, is that they remove old vanguard sets. I want The Devil You Don't again, I want to collect old sets. I want that to be available somehow. I dislike that Bungie is removing this content and not letting it be available.

I agree and that's why I save certain trophies. If only Bungie had a kiosk for everything.

Welcome, Bec. We have the best community on GAF.

Namikaze1

Dreamt Bungie went and showed this awesome trailer at PSX. It started off with a voiceover from an unknown character. The screen then showed a familiar world: Mars. You could tell it was Mars due to Cabal ships in the background. as the camera pull back, showing more of the area, the person speaking kept talking about a looming threat. The screen begins to show signs of a wreckage. A large ship flies overhead and the scene ends with the voiceover ominously saying "War is coming."

Scene changes to the Tower where the Vanguard spotted Cabals ships off in the distance heading their way. Commander Zavala is seen looking at the incoming ships. He is joined by the dead orbit guy and the two share a brief moment before turning their attention back to the enemy.

The voiceover resumes. This person mentions how they spent years doing recon in the Cabal Empire for the Vanguard. Several scenes show the Cabal invading areas of Earth while their presence on Mars grow to the point that the Vanguard forces every guardian stationed there to retreat.

More scenes play out with Cabal completely decimating Fallen Houses on earth. This forces the Kell of House of Kings to finally reveal himself. The Kings goes into all out war with both the Cabal and the Guardians.

As the scenes play out, the person talking mentions how giving up Mars was a grave mistake on the Guardians' end. That their focus should not be on protecting the Last City but what lies hidden deep within Mars and that now he faces no opposition in his path.

Video ends with the silhouette of an unknown character standing before a large and strange structure with alien hieroglyphs. As the screen turns to black, the hieroglyphs begin to glow.

Glowing hieroglyphs then contort to form the name of the expansion/DLC. I don't get to see the title since the stream begins to buffer. When it finally resumes, the Destiny segment is long over.

Then I woke up and remember we're getting sparrow racing garbage instead.

Deku Tree

I joined a the100 group, that had a fairly active group of HM KF raiders. Been getting my 3x HM KF raids done with those guys for the last few weeks. It is a good group of guys, for the most part we have like a regular raid group already. TBH, their system is really good. Throw up a raid time, then people sign up, then you get together at exactly that time and start raiding. If one of your usuals doesn't show up then someone else can sign up and jump in.

The problem is that HM KF is a pretty tough video game experience, and a lot of the100 groups are very inactive and most of the ones that are active are already not very frequently doing the HM KF raid.

But I kept looking around and I did find a few groups on PS4 that do the HM KF raid weekly and get it done too. We one shot everything from Totems to Oryx in like 30 minutes last time.

Even if you find a group that you want to join that is full, then you can keep the page open because groups shed members every day based upon inactivity so if you look at the page in the morning for a few days you have a really good chance of being able to jump into it.

TL;DR the100.io can be a pretty good way to painlessly get groups together to play Destiny.

Dreamt Bungie went and showed this awesome trailer at PSX. It started off with a voiceover from an unknown character. The screen then showed a familiar world: Mars. You could tell it was Mars due to Cabal ships in the background. as the camera pull back, showing more of the area, the person speaking kept talking about a looming threat. The screen begins to show signs of a wreckage. A large ship flies overhead and the scene ends with the voiceover ominously saying "War is coming."

Scene changes to the Tower where the Vanguard spotted Cabals ships off in the distance heading their way. Commander Zavala is seen looking at the incoming ships. He is joined by the dead orbit guy and the two share a brief moment before turning their attention back to the enemy.

The voiceover resumes. This person mentions how they spent years doing recon in the Cabal Empire for the Vanguard. Several scenes show the Cabal invading areas of Earth while their presence on Mars grow to the point that the Vanguard forces every guardian stationed there to retreat.

More scenes play out with Cabal completely decimating Fallen Houses on earth. This forces the Kell of House of Kings to finally reveal himself. The Kings goes into all out war with both the Cabal and the Guardians.

As the scenes play out, the person talking mentions how giving up Mars was a grave mistake on the Guardians' end. That their focus should not be on protecting the Last City but what lies hidden deep within Mars and that now he faces no opposition in his path.

Video ends with the silhouette of an unknown character standing before a large and strange structure with alien hieroglyphs. As the screen turns to black, the hieroglyphs begin to glow.

Glowing hieroglyphs then contort to form the name of the expansion/DLC. I don't get to see the title since the stream begins to buffer. When it finally resumes, the Destiny segment is long over.

Then I woke up and remember we're getting sparrow racing garbage instead.
I really your dream comes true. We need a Cabal expansion, I don't want to wait until Destiny 2.

E92 M3

New emotes are really cool, but without an emote wheel, I have no reason to purchase most of them. I do love the thumbs down, reminds me of the Roman gladiator fights.

Also, why the heck is Bungie charging for a stats book?

Deku Tree

New emotes and silver store coming soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIqbCY5X1WA

Wait I need to spend $10 to buy a book to track my statistics during the SLR event... and I get exclusive rewards during races for owning this $10 book? OMG P2W

EDIT: I am feeling like this is a "free" event but maybe if you want all the rewards (or the best rewards) then they are making you pay $10 (and more for the other emotes) to get them.

EDIT2: And noticed that it says SRL Record Book, Vol. 1. The Vol. 1 indicates to me that they are planning to possibly charge you $10 each time for every single SRL event if you want to track your stats and earn the exclusive rewards. Next time it will be record book Vol. 2, etc.

EDIT3: from looking at the "custom horn kit" package that costs $100 silver (one dollar), it says "possible contents: EV-43 Lightrunner" which indicates to me that the ev43 is going to be the "skull mask" of this event (the thing that you have a small chance to get for free at the start of the event but that you otherwise can't get without paying silver).

New emotes are really cool, but without an emote wheel, I have no reason to purchase most of them. I do love the thumbs down, reminds me of the Roman gladiator fights.

Yeah the game really needs an emote wheel. Hopefully they are hiding that and it will be available on Tuesday after a patch.

Daemul

I cannot wait for the Oryx challenge, if it requires groups to have multiple runners then it is going to be a glorious clusterfucker. The amount of people who are incapable of doing basic platforming is ridiculous.

FyreWulff

They said they're working on multiple emotes. Requires extensive UI work.

This is the build at PSX, so it may not reflect what's in the actual game. Much like how the Taken King live demos had the weird light levels and stuff.

Deku Tree

New emotes and silver store coming soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIqbCY5X1WA

^^^^

Oh wait... watching that video again.... at the end it makes it really clear that we are NOT getting an emote wheel with the Dec. 8 update.

Also, how do I get the Mind Bleacher ship???

EDIT:

This is the build at PSX, so it may not reflect what's in the actual game. Much like how the Taken King live demos had the weird light levels and stuff.

The SRL is going live in a few days... so the PSX build is much more likely to be final compared to the e3 build of TTK... It seems to me that the SRL book is a way to charge to get the "good rewards" while at the same time making the basic event free for everyone.

Deku Tree

The only thing I like coming out of this sparrow racing shit is the armor, and the Warlock Bond has 3 defense. I hope it's an early build or something and we can infuse the armor and use it.

I am thinking that they don't want you wearing this armor in end game activities, and your armor stat doesn't have any effect on SRL races... so they're not going to allow it to be usable in ToO or Raids or other end game activities... If you looked at the perks in the armor they were tuned around SRL races.

Falifax

It just occurred to me that Hunters might have a chance to get another scarf without deleting a character and leveling it up all over again.

Trakan

I am thinking that they don't want you wearing this armor in end game activities, and your armor stat doesn't have any effect on SRL races... so they're not going to allow it to be usable in ToO or Raids or other end game activities... If you looked at the perks in the armor they were tuned around SRL races.

I will gladly sacrifice perks for cosmetics. I care way more about how my character looks. I want them to be viable though.

FyreWulff

The SRL is going live in a few days... so the PSX build is much more likely to be final compared to the e3 build of TTK... It seems to me that the SRL book is a way to charge to get the "good rewards" while at the same time making the basic event free for everyone.

Just speaking from experience, you'd be surprised how far apart or different event builds are from the final live deployment, even when they're really close to the actual release date.

Usually has to do with the event team wanting a fairly stable build to show, so they'll be using an older build and traveling to the event while everyone back at the studio continues to work on release branch.

So just saying.. wait til it goes live for reviewing their execution on stuff. Only a couple more days. Not saying it's not impossible that they're selling certain things.. but I'm going to wait for actual final before I come down with critiques.

You're spot on, in the vidoc they said you're not going to want to wear the race armor into raids or anything.

E92 M3

I think it's pretty accurate and emote wheel would fundamentally icrease the intrinsic value of the emotes. Should be a priority.

Wait I need to spend $10 to buy a book to track my statistics during the SLR event... and I get exclusive rewards during races for owning this $10 book? OMG P2W

EDIT: I am feeling like this is a "free" event but maybe if you want all the rewards (or the best rewards) then they are making you pay $10 (and more for the other emotes) to get them.

EDIT2: And noticed that it says SRL Record Book, Vol. 1. The Vol. 1 indicates to me that they are planning to possibly charge you $10 each time for every single SRL event if you want to track your stats and earn the exclusive rewards. Next time it will be record book Vol. 2, etc.

EDIT3: from looking at the "custom horn kit" package that costs $100 silver (one dollar), it says "possible contents: EV-43 Lightrunner" which indicates to me that the ev43 is going to be the "skull mask" of this event (the thing that you have a small chance to get for free at the start of the event but that you otherwise can't get without paying silver).

Yeah the game really needs an emote wheel. Hopefully they are hiding that and it will be available on Tuesday after a patch.

It seems like Bungie are moving the goalposts with this book. Cheapens the value of the event.

shingi70

Banned
What does the stat book do?

Outside of Old content updates anyone holding out for one more HOW style expansion. it bums me out there wont be a fallen or Cabal raid till the sequel and no word on where awoken stand after the queen died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom