• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Gonna go solo good old G.

Someone help me out!

Anyway, I spent the day watching DBZ Abridged after PSX yesterday. I wish the episodes could come out quicker. I fucking love DBZ:A Vegeta.

Vegeta: You. Namekian. Too strong. Explain now.

Trunks: Piccolo fused with Kami.

Vegeta: The fuck's a Kami?!

Trunks: Basically god.

Vegeta: But I'm here!

Trunks: Do you actually believe in your own hype?

Vegeta: I AM THE HYPE!

todd360

Gonna go solo good old G.

Someone help me out!

Anyway, I spent the day watching DBZ Abridged after PSX yesterday. I wish the episodes could come out quicker. I fucking love DBZ:A Vegeta.

Vegeta: You. Namekian. Too strong. Explain now.

Trunks: Piccolo fused with Kami.

Vegeta: The fuck's a Kami?!

Trunks: Basically god.

Vegeta: But I'm here!

Trunks: Do you actually believe in your own hype?

Vegeta: I AM THE HYPE!

Cell's conversation from the sky with people about relationship issues was hilarious.

Hahah does that mean you too iRAWR? :p

Also - Meant to say Welcome to Bec!

haha I believe I am better than average,
top 15% according to DestinyTracker for ToO.
Nonetheless it has been too long since I actually played played. So I dont feel confident since my skills are weak as of now :/

Speaking of the new emotes, anyone else notice the Fall 2015 Emote bag text? It said "highly likely to contain an emote not currently owned." I'm sorry but that's inexcusable. There should be no chance in hell that you could be robbed of your $2. A duplicate emote has no value whatsoever. I really hope this changes when the content goes live Tuesday.

Also, I didn't understand why short, simple emotes like Facepalm cost $5. Thriller dance for $7 made sense because it was awesomely long (and presumably licensed) but Facepalm emote lasts 2 seconds. I guess they're betting demand will be high enough to get away with it.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
haha I believe I am better than average,
top 15% according to DestinyTracker for ToO.
Nonetheless it has been too long since I actually played played. So I dont feel confident since my skills are weak as of now :/

Is this you trying to be modest? lol.. i'm pretty sure your weak skillz are still probably better than the majority out there....I used to do trials with Deadly_Tacoz but he has since sworn off trials...his blood pressure would rise too much :(

Speaking of the new emotes, anyone else notice the Fall 2015 Emote bag text? It said highly likely to contain an emote not currently owned." I'm sorry but that's inexcusable. There should be no chance in hell that you could be robbed of your $2. A duplicate emote has no value whatsoever. I really hope this changes when the content goes live Tuesday.

Also, I didn't understand why short, simple emotes like Facepalm cost $5. Thriller dance for $7 made sense because it was awesomely long (and presumably licensed) but Facepalm emote lasts 2 seconds. I guess they're betting demand will be high enough to get away with it.

Its disgusting and I'm amazed there hasn't been any uproar about it, if (and this a big one) it was something you could properly use end game wise I'd understand but for cosmetic stuff, get to fuck you thieving bastards

I'll give it a week before a parent complains that a kid has spent loads on there credit card :p

Namikaze1

PS4 HM Oryx

1. Namikaze1
2. Robdraggoo
3. Possibly reserved
4. ^^^
5. ^^^

Not sure if nothus, Macello, and Gunners are still interested. We are going in ASAP. Just join up on me.

Is this you trying to be modest? lol.. i'm pretty sure your weak skillz are still probably better than the majority out there....I used to do trials with Deadly_Tacoz but he has since sworn off trials...his blood pressure would rise too much :(

Kinda meant that as a joke..in a sense you would be "wait a second, what?" welp guess it didnt turn out well haha..

plus I use to play on late sunday/monday when all the 1337 players are gone. So I dont feel like it truly reflects myself as a player.

Speaking of the new emotes, anyone else notice the Fall 2015 Emote bag text? It said "highly likely to contain an emote not currently owned." I'm sorry but that's inexcusable. There should be no chance in hell that you could be robbed of your $2. A duplicate emote has no value whatsoever. I really hope this changes when the content goes live Tuesday.

It's absolute bullshit that you can get a duplicate emote, I'll leave it at that.

Magik

Welcome to the state of Destiny. Instead of producing new content, we get more emotes and possible duplicate emotes!

Deku Tree

It's horrible that they put the old emotes into RNG packs when they could have easily added another page, it's even more horrible that they included a small chance of getting something that you already own. These are the worst elements of F2P and P2W pricing schemes.

todd360

Welcome to the state of Destiny. Instead of producing new content, we get more emotes and possible duplicate emotes!

And predators stalk the patrols looking for young guardians to link up with. What has happened to our peaceful galaxy?

Trakan

I think they're priced off "quality" or what people think will be the best. Slow clap is super basic and it was $5.

Hmm. Thinking about it, the worst part about the microtransactioms funding the live team is, that they introduce content with even more microtransactions.

I wonder how many MT's are going to be there with the racing update...

Not to harp on it, but halo 5 is doing it right in this regard.

LTWood12

Hey I just realized I haven't seen EJR around here in weeks. Miss that dude and Tears too.

Edit:regarding rng emote bags
Hypothesis
You don't ever get an emote you already own. That is until you've gotten all of them. At which point, it's not going to lock you out from purchasing them again if you're an idiot.

Hey I just realized I haven't seen EJR around here in weeks. Miss that dude and Tears too.

Hey LT! Still lurking around here, nice to see that some people still remember us :p

As Ruthless said I'm taking a long break and I don't see myself returning soon tbh. I didn't feel like praying for gear that could get me one light higher. And even though we got to the Lighthouse x3 in the first week of Y2 Trials, it wasn't fun. I don't think sparrow racing will change anything for me. But most importantly, I don't have a lot of time and energy for gaming now that I've started my PhD. Last week I worked 45h.

Deku Tree

Hmm. Thinking about it, the worst part about the microtransactioms funding the live team is, that they introduce content with even more microtransactions.

I wonder how many MT's are going to be there with the racing update...

Not to harp on it, but halo 5 is doing it right in this regard.

As far as we currently know, Destiny's MT's still do not affect gameplay. H5 MT's certainly do affect Warzone Gameplay. I don't like any MT's but for me any MTs that affect gameplay are terribly worse than MTs that don't affect gameplay.

Edit:regarding rng emote bags
Hypothesis
You don't ever get an emote you already own. That is until you've gotten all of them. At which point, it's not going to lock you out from purchasing them again if you're an idiot.
i also notice PrivateWHusdon has been gone as well.
Hey LT! Still lurking around here, nice to see that some people still remember us :p

As Ruthless said I'm taking a long break and I don't see myself returning soon tbh. I didn't feel like praying for gear that could get me one light higher. And even though we got to the Lighthouse x3 in the first week of Y2 Trials, it wasn't fun. I don't think sparrow racing will change anything for me. But most importantly, I don't have a lot of time and energy for gaming now that I've started my PhD. Last week I worked 45h.
Hope everything is going well.

shingi70

Banned
The live team events such as sparrow racing and Festival of the lost are in a weird place. Their fun limited time events but due to the nature of them having Mts tied to them non of the gear that's apart of the event can't really be all that useful.

Does the Newbie raid sign up sheet reset on Tuesdays? Haven't done KF yet and want to give a try this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom