• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait I need to spend $10 to buy a book to track my statistics during the SLR event... and I get exclusive rewards during races for owning this $10 book? OMG P2W

EDIT: I am feeling like this is a "free" event but maybe if you want all the rewards (or the best rewards) then they are making you pay $10 (and more for the other emotes) to get them.

EDIT2: And noticed that it says SRL Record Book, Vol. 1. The Vol. 1 indicates to me that they are planning to possibly charge you $10 each time for every single SRL event if you want to track your stats and earn the exclusive rewards. Next time it will be record book Vol. 2, etc.

EDIT3: from looking at the "custom horn kit" package that costs $100 silver (one dollar), it says "possible contents: EV-43 Lightrunner" which indicates to me that the ev43 is going to be the "skull mask" of this event (the thing that you have a small chance to get for free at the start of the event but that you otherwise can't get without paying silver).

Yeah the game really needs an emote wheel. Hopefully they are hiding that and it will be available on Tuesday after a patch.
Yea I'm not sure if the best sparrows come from completing the goal book. And I want to see what the EV-43 Light runner look like. I didn't know you could only get the skull mask from buying it.

Falifax

Just me speculating, based on this picture.

CVfUAXXWsAManaV.jpg:large

Also back shot from the trailer.

Deku Tree

Is Bungie still going to give us some free Silver sometime in December? Does it come with the Dec. 8 update? Remember when they said that back when Tess came back?

Falifax

Where did they say that?

https://www.bungie.net/en/news/news?aid=13688

The Tower will be a festive place to be next week. Tess will be there. Lord Saladin will be there. We hope you’ll be there, too. In fact, if you’re a player of Destiny, you’ll have some Silver in your account when Eververse Trading opens their new shop.

If you appear in the game between now and December, you’ll get even more Silver.

Thanks for playing.

So, no hard oryx? Sigh...

Question, why do ppl insist in doing "no knight"?

Ffs if you're above 312 you should be killing the ogres and knights!

Just tried to kill oryx with a team that had 4x 316 guys. Me also 316. And 1 more 313.

Only the 313 guy wanted to kill ogres. The rest said "no knight" is easier. Fuck that. It's a lot harder! 40 minutes trying and nope. Somebody always get fucked by timing running back from their bombs. Screw this strategy.

GlamFM

Banned

Just tried to kill oryx with a team that had 4x 316 guys. Me also 316. And 1 more 313.

Only the 313 guy wanted to kill ogres. The rest said "no knight" is easier. Fuck that. It's a lot harder! 40 minutes trying and nope. Somebody always get fucked by timing running back from their bombs. Screw this strategy.

I think we might get a group.

Deathjr is down and so am I

I've had this on my mind for a long time. I miss year 1. I played every night for months on end. I miss the weekly nature of the strikes and nightfalls. I don't know why but year 2 is lacking something. My fireteam played together since the Alpha and year 2 has been a famine of activity.

It bums me out big time. The worst part is having to pay for log books and mask sacks that don't really change the game at all. Ontop of that the content they are releasing is rehashed year 1 stuff.

Makes me sad

E92 M3

I call it Crota syndrome - people love to stand and shoot at one target without thinking.

Because killing a red bar knight and the occasional acolytes eye/taken centurion is too difficult.

Namikaze1

PS4 HM run starting at Golgoroth (or Oryx if someone has the checkpoint)

1. He Who Does Not Have A Need For Speed (or plain old namikaze1)

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Anyone down for some trials this morning? It's sad.. but since it's started back up I haven't been able to get to mercury... i just want to see the lighthouse again.... :(

I like the Sparrow Racing idea, I think that's completely awesome.

I am however pissed off that the gear is once again not levelled or infuseable. So it's completely redundant before it's even come out. Why even let it exist?

So stupid. Even if it dropped at LL220, I'd still happily infuse some of those helmets instead of the countless ugly Titan Helmets we have.

Also, yeah. Cabal DLC. It has to happen.

/rant over

Hi guys, I've lurked for a bit but my account just got validated so HI! I'm Bec!
(PS4 PSN ID The_Descolada)

Welcome Bec! Hope you enjoy your stay and congrats on the account validation.

Also hope Destiny has something exciting happen in the next 9 months to stimulate DGAF out of its slumber, lol. You won't get quite the full experience here nowadays.

New emotes and silver store coming soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIqbCY5X1WA

Pay $1 for a random sparrow horn?? I don't even.... what.... horn... for sparrows... wat.

Anyone down for some trials this morning? It's sad.. but since it's started back up I haven't been able to get to mercury... i just want to see the lighthouse again.... :(

I could help w a run in a little bit if there's another helper around. Just getting some breakfast now.

*Signal for Drizzay :p

Lol.

Because killing a red bar knight and the occasional acolytes eye/taken centurion is too difficult.

Lol #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom