• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

Requesting Status Update: Has anyone gotten the helmet from Phogoth?

I haven't played Phogoth once since TTK hit. I'd imagine it's the same for 99% of the population. If it drops from that strike, it'll be hard to ever verify unless they add it to the playlists.

LTWood12

off-topic post: I'm having to crunch all my annual 40 hours of continuing education for my CPA in this last month of the year because I've put it off. I'm literally about 3 minutes into into it and it's already soul-crushing.

Here's what the Raid gear should have looked like:

WsE2TM8.jpg

Or if they were so desperate to do a palette swap for Hard mode, they should have made the Hard mode gear be taken like that.

man that would have been so sexy

E92 M3

Nah. It's mostly just doing stuff you'd already be doing.

It had a couple of "complete a strike in 8 minutes" steps, but those were hardly a hassle.

Oh okay, I thought here was PVP quest where everyone on the team had to score in rift lol.

off-topic post: I'm having to crunch all my annual 40 hours of continuing education for my CPA in this last month of the year because I've put it off. I'm literally about 3 minutes into into it and it's already soul-crushing.

I remember when my mom was getting her CPA - shit is boring. Audit was my favorite section, though.

LordofPwn

New thread ay? that last one took awhile compared to the others.
Anyways IB gave better loot than my raids this week. I got 318 Hunter helm and 317 Warlock boots who can now be 317 with only a 311 helm.

Its also nice to have a 320 ghost that doesn't give me more wormspore. also some images were broken in the OP any idea why?

Tales from... how do you know that?

The weekly update hinted about it:

The content of the next Weekly Update will be random and light, with a chance for some information on the ways in which Raids could be more challenging soon.​

But then afterward, DeeJ tweeted about it last week:

Deku Tree

The weekly update hinted about it:

The content of the next Weekly Update will be random and light, with a chance for some information on the ways in which Raids could be more challenging soon.​

But then afterward, DeeJ tweeted about it last week:

That only indicates that some news would come in the weekly update on Thursday. Doesn't say anything about news on Tuesday or Wed.
Am I missing anything?

Lol, sorry for ignoring your invites. I'd inadvertently turned them all off.

That only indicates that some news would come in the weekly update on Thursday. Doesn't say anything about news on Tuesday or Wed.
Am I missing anything?

Exactly, its all next week, next month etc etc.. Tomorrows to late you Bungie fucks I want it now

Thats English sarcasm/humour before you hit the ban button Ghaleon :d

Am I missing anything?

From the sentence before the one I quoted:
Next week is Thanksgiving in America. We’ll still have some blog love for you, but it will arrive before the commencement of the regional ritual of gratitude and gluttony.

Last year, the Weekly Update the week of Thanksgiving went up on Wednesday.

The new loot system is fine. Being 310+ allows you to easily do anything in the game, at that point skill is more important than level.

The problem is that KF HM is so punishingly unforgiving if you don't have a full group of six pros. One under leveled inexperienced player can force wipe after wipe for hours. And then after that is done the loot is horrible.

Yeah if you do Trials, IB, and KF HM then you have more loot... but I don't have time for all of that... I like doing KF HM and it should give you enough loot to infuse into your stuff.

I've done it three times a week since launch, and I've never gotten a Harrowed MG. I've gotten probably three primaries from Oryx. No Harrowed Helmet for my Titan or my Warlock yet. The RNG odds are generally terrible, the RNG should be a lot more generous like as in HoW or CE, that's the problem.

We went from decent HoW and CE level RNG, to RNG that is generally even worse than VoG, except that they made it so that bad RNG didn't force you to be Forever 29. Again that's the main problem IMO.

Also having some sense of small but guaranteed light level progression each week would go a long way.

I think it needs to be guaranteed loot at each encounter between 311-320
OR
Same random loot drop as it is today (not guaranteed) BUT guaranteed 320 (or even 316-320)

They both still require LL290 to even enter the playlist.

The LL minimum exists already, so how could it be worse than it already is now?

There isn't a LL requirement to enter IB (can't speak for ToO, haven't tried it yet this expansion).

I loaded in to IB at LL190. Only requirement was level 40.

I played all morning, even got 1st place overall to finish one of the weekly bounties, at LL274.

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding you. :(

GutZ31

Lol, sorry for ignoring your invites. I'd inadvertently turned them all off.

No worries, I do the same some times to do trials or raids and forget to turn it back on.

If I am online and don't respond to a PM on PSN, I will likely be in a party chat. Feel free to join.
I find this much more efficient for answering questions/joining up.

Next week is Thanksgiving in America. We’ll still have some blog love for you, but it will arrive before the commencement of the regional ritual of gratitude and gluttony.

Jesus... if that sentence doesn't just give the perfect example of Deej's writing style.

Deku Tree

Oh right, thanksgiving. So the weekly will be Wed, or maybe before. I expect it to be light fluff "OMG Challenge modes" "so good.gif" etc.

There isn't a LL requirement to enter IB (can't speak for ToO, haven't tried it yet this expansion).

I loaded in to IB at LL190. Only requirement was level 40.

I played all morning, even got 1st place overall to finish one of the weekly bounties, at LL274.

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding you. :(

Ahh... that's my mistake. I thought IB had a LL minimum for entry that was equal to Trials; Trials requiring LL290 to enter.

I don't think sub accounts will work for this refer a friend stuff.

TTK is a code and the disc you have is just Vanilla correct?

so technically the sub account is only accessing the vanilla game?

Oh right, thanksgiving. So the weekly will be Wed, or maybe before. I expect it to be light fluff "OMG Challenge modes" "so good.gif" etc.

I'm honestly not expecting much. I remember how much they hyped up Hard mode as being the real raid, with all the mechanics, and that the Normal mode was scaled back. And then Hard Mode turned out to be 99% identical.

The alternative is that it is more challenging in the same way that Oryx is challenging. Zero margin of error, strict strategies with no room to improvise and lots and lots of wiping if anything goes wrong.

The one exception to this, and the one I'm anticipating, is Golgoroth must be done with all 6 orbs. That's a real challenge, and one that I think is fair.

LTWood12

I'm honestly not expecting much. I remember how much they hyped up Hard mode as being the real raid, with all the mechanics, and that the Normal mode was scaled back. And then Hard Mode turned out to be 99% identical.

The alternative is that it is more challenging in the same way that Oryx is challenging. Zero margin of error, strict strategies with no room to improvise and lots and lots of wiping if anything goes wrong.

The one exception to this, and the one I'm anticipating, is Golgoroth must be done with all 6 orbs. That's a real challenge, and one that I think is fair.

I'd be more excited if they made Skolas light-level 320.

2100 points for me, with 7000 on the team board. Easily could have made it to 2500 points bounty but no, I got kicked by a weasel error. I want to break something..

Nuszka

So should i be excited for that referral thing? After reading some of the requirements i honestly think its not worth it. Will play some IB instead.

I wonder what they're motivation behind this refer a friend thing is. I mean how many millions on top of millions of people have already played Destiny?

Deku Tree

That would be fun for like tfue's speed run squad, and Drizzay's reset squad and Datto and maybe like five other teams...

MrDaravon

I actually lol'd when I saw the refer a friend stuff on twitter from Bungie. Tying up even more exclusive content behind it is super dumb and irrating, just further cements me not even trying to get all the emblems/shaders etc. I literally don't know a single person who would be at all interested in Destiny that hasn't already gotten it, or at least no one that also has a PS4. Not bothering with the sub account bs either assuming that even works on PS4 (do sub accounts get access to DLC aka Taken King?).

So dumb. I'm sure the resources that went into setting this up are largely separate from the main team, but we're all still waiting on fixes and balance updates and we get this lol.

No worries, I do the same some times to do trials or raids and forget to turn it back on.

If I am online and don't respond to a PM on PSN, I will likely be in a party chat. Feel free to join.
I find this much more efficient for answering questions/joining up.

I've been lone wolfing it for the last few weeks as I've been nursing this little fella

WzWEiH5.jpg

Stitches out tomorrow, so can get back in the game or probably Blops until the December patch

GutZ31

I wonder what they're motivation behind this refer a friend thing is. I mean how many millions on top of millions of people have already played Destiny?

The saturation of people that will ever play destiny is pretty much near its peak in my opinion.
What bungie is looking to do is get people to buy back into TTK that may have stopped playing in vanilla, or after the 2 expansions.
$60 for people from vanilla, and $40 from the expansions means lots of money for them to rake in to feed their overlords at activision.

E92 M3

People still have a ton of problems beating hard oryx, I wonder what Bungie will do for challenge mode. I just hope it's not cheap.

Trakan

I'll agree there's not as much margin of error in KF compared to say VoG, but if shit happens you can still recover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWvNC7EoWCM

SnakeEyes

Banned
It's cosmetic...

It doesn't really matter.
But the new sword does.

I just woke up and got to work to see this new "Refer a Friend" bullshit, and I'm salty as fuck because, as GutZ put it, we've realistically seen the max number of players Destiny will have so trying to find new friends to play it now is almost a "too little, too late" scenario.

But the new sword does.

I just woke up and got to work to see this new "Refer a Friend" bullshit, and I'm salty as fuck because, as GutZ put it, we've realistically seen the max number of players Destiny will have so trying to find new friends to play it now is almost a "too little, too late" scenario.

What's the new sword?

It's it just a different cosmetic version of the existing sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom