• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_id

Great fun playing with Ethomaz, smiley, vctor, johnny and Liam with the raid guys. It was fun. We got to Oryx in the end. Good job!

Starting an iron Banner train with Vctor and I

1. The_id
2. Vctor182

schlew

While I've been playing on PS4 since day one, I just bought it on Xbox One as well so I'm pumped that I could take part in this refer-a-friend thing. He's pretty hardcore too, so I'm sure he appreciates the chance to get this new costmetic stuff.

Jinjo

Man Bungie's FAQ is useless. Can I, or can I not refer a friend who only played The Dark Below but never HoW/TTK?

Lnkn52

Screen_4_Reward_1.png

Screen_4_Reward_2.png

Screen_4_Reward_3.png

The Sparrow and emblem really do look nice

phen0m24

I'm really getting in to Fallout now. I wish I had done a Power Armor build, but I am still enjoyinng my time with it.

I will be up for Trials tonight, after 5pm for another run if anyone is interested? Nami? Afro? Todd? Puma? Kadey? Magik? Macello? etc etc etc You know who you are if we've played Trials together before :)

I'd do a run later in the evening if you're still on.

I thought you two were going to carry me! ;)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Great fun playing with Ethomaz, smiley, vctor, johnny and Liam with the raid guys. It was fun. We got to Oryx in the end. Good job!

Starting an iron Banner train with Vctor and I

1. The_id
2. Vctor182

good job guys!

Got some useful drops too

315 mark (seriously, it's a torn-up black towel that looks like shit, but... okay)
320 kingslayer ghost (woo my first max level item)
and my sublime gauntlet engram decoded into a 310 ruin wings which I didn't have yet, sweeeeet (despite my 314 harrowed gauntlets, but hey, more ammo drops is a sweet perk)

all around good times and good loot, I'll take it!

Zocano

Now I have a reason to hound my friends to play Destiny.

Good thing they already have been on the fence! Y'all friendless suckas.

Trakan

So in the end are either of the IB weapons worth buying? Last time i regretted not buying the sidearm.

I would say the handcannon roll is bad. The MG roll is decent but I think the raid MG is the same or better in pretty much every way. It's even the same element. It's like they were trolling.

flkraven

All my friends already play this game of course, since I convinced everyone I know to play it since I was playing it. Now there is a quest that rewards that...starting now.

So if I want this gear I need to either:
a) Make an alt account and grind through it with a friend and vice versa.
b) Go door to door like a Jehovah's witness, trying to solicit people to become my friend and play this game.

The grind is real.

So who the heck is the intended target for this? People who are just barely not invested enough to have told their friends to play this game before but incentivized enough when given a chance to earn TRON gear. Such a weird slice. It's going to be 99% people grinding out a second account, 1% recommendation.

phen0m24

All my friends already play this game of course, since I convinced everyone I know to play it since I was playing it. Now there is a quest that rewards that...starting now.

So if I want this gear I need to either:
a) Make an alt account and grind through it with a friend and vice versa.
b) Go door to door like a Jehovah's witness, trying to solicit people to become my friend and play this game.

The grind is real.

So who the heck is the intended target for this? People who are just barely not invested enough to have told their friends to play this game before but incentivized enough when given a chance to earn TRON gear. Such a weird slice. It's going to be 99% people grinding out a second account, 1% recommendation.

Knock knock
Who's there?
Destiny.
Destiny who?
Grind an alt or I'll hurt you
Nah I'll wait
for Destiny 2

SnakeEyes

Banned
Bungie's updated their FB page to show new Exotics added to the Year 2 upgrade in December.

Bones of Eao and Achliophage Symbiote make their appearance; 4-shot Golden Gun is back baby!

GutZ31

HBO and those Game of Thrones spoilers.
Won't even turn on HBO, or anything GoT related until the season has started.
That show had me at the opening.
Shit, even friends and family that never liked fantasy, or old world movies/TV shows are hooked.

Frenden

Banned
Won't even turn on HBO, or anything GoT related until the season has started.
That show had me at the opening.
Shit, even friends and family that never liked fantasy, or old world movies/TV shows are hooked.
I read all the books ages ago. He takes so long to put out each installment. The show is better in some ways. They cut out a lot of clutter.

GutZ31

I read all the books ages ago. He takes so long to put out each installment. The show is better in some ways. They cut out a lot of clutter.
Yeah, I read the first 2 books, and the amount of detail, and also needless dribble is crazy at times.
Still some of the best books I have read.

Deku Tree

4AM HM raid reset crew in need of 1 more. Come for one raid, stay for two.

PSN: Kilau, send me or Cosmos_Man a message to get into the group

It's always fun raiding with you guys on Tuesday later on during the morning... I wish I was up at 4am... but I never am.

Bungie, I bought my nephew an XBOX 1 + Destiny in July. Can't I get this refer a friend stuff?

Not only that, I bought the game for myself again for Xbox when I already had it on PS4. Then, I bought the Destiny PS4. Where are my rewards?

Le sigh.

Stackboy

Dammit just got to work, I thought IB would finish at the normal reset time.

I have no friends on PS4 who don't play Destiny, so I can never get that cool stuff? That sucks.

darthbob

Dammit just got to work, I thought IB would finish at the normal reset time.

I have no friends on PS4 who don't play Destiny, so I can never get that cool stuff? That sucks.

Too many negatives in this sentence for me to understand.
its been a long day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom