• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

The more I think about what Bungie is doing with MT, the unhappier I become. It was initially just for emotes, but now they are blending game altering mechanics into it and pushing the goalposts further.

lol yeah I should probably warn you that I'm terrible at attentive texting.

you're the best around... never ever let y-....
ResidentSleeper.png

v1perz53

Is there a non shitty way to level subclasses at 40? Haven't played Stormcaller at all yet, but after turning in 2 days worth of bounties I barely made any progress, even with the +25% subclass levelling class item on. Also did 5 strikes in a row and didn't even unlock a single perk. I could understand if I was working on the later perks, but these are the first few, I feel like it should be coming quicker than this.

The more I think about what Bungie is doing with MT, the unhappier I become. It was initially just for emotes, but now they are blending game altering mechanics into it and pushing the goalposts further.

Yup. They are creating the, "You don't want to miss out" more and more with each free content drop.

Is there a non shitty way to level subclasses at 40? Haven't played Stormcaller at all yet, but after turning in 2 days worth of bounties I barely made any progress, even with the +25% subclass levelling class item on. Also did 5 strikes in a row and didn't even unlock a single perk. I could understand if I was working on the later perks, but these are the first few, I feel like it should be coming quicker than this.

Sadly no, try to get a red bull code and use it for faster leveling up.

Subclass and armor leveling is very slow with TTK.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thank you again to smiley, gutz, and lintendo. You guys are patient and made things hilarious thank you.

Sorrrrrery!!!!!!

Edit: also shoutouts to my hosting lag

please tell me Antoine is a gaffer so I can make fun of him

v1perz53

Sadly no, try to get a red bull code and use it for faster leveling up.

Subclass and armor leveling is very slow with TTK.

Ugh, at least armor you can spam Motes of Light, subclasses there are just no options. Another thing that I think is weird about Destiny, I actually feel like levelling a subclass was quicker pre-40. I hate when in a game progressing further actually slows prior progression or provides shittier rewards. But what can you do.

The main issue for me is that regardless of your light, it sucks to use a new subclass. Having none of the armor/recovery/agility passives makes you weak as hell, and having none of the abilities makes it much less fun to start out with, and also weak as hell.

I'm hoping one of the new consumables for sale from vendors will be armor telemetries that boost the rate of leveling up.

Heavy weapon with telemetry can be leveled up with as less as 10 motes.
Armor takes close to a 100 motes.
Makes no sense.

Trakan

I personally think the No Knights strategy did more harm in the long run for a lot of players as I'm constantly playing with players, that to this day, still don't know or understand the mechanics of the battle itself outside of sitting on a platform.

Before the Oryx challenge comes out, people need to brush up on the mechanics on Oryx or they will be in a world of pain.

I'll admit it, I'm only familiar with the no Knights strat. I stopped playing the raid by the time the other one got popular. I run the relic though so I'm not as important to that strat, heh.

Can someone join me to help me out on the heroic strike, I'm light 310+ but my buddy is only 233, and matchmaking didn't find anyone. Join on me, open fireteam :). Quick fallen saver strike

Drizzay what light level is needed for your newbie raid? I have a RAF that has never done KF

Eh, depends on the team makeup. If it's an experienced group you can easily carry someone around 280 or even lower. But if they want to actually contribute then probably 285 to start and hope they get lucky drops along the way.

Anybody below 290 is gonna have a rough time on Oryx, but once again it's easy to 5-man NM Oryx so a strong group could carry hard.

phen0m24

Eh, depends on the team makeup. If it's an experienced group you can easily carry someone around 280 or even lower. But if they want to actually contribute then probably 285 to start and hope they get lucky drops along the way.

Anybody below 290 is gonna have a rough time on Oryx, but once again it's easy to 5-man NM Oryx so a strong group could carry hard.

Drizzy AND TG could help me get a Titan helmet

(offers cookies)

Shiv47

Have bounties to finish if anyone's doing trials. I'm garbage at PvP so this is casual only.

Edit: I realize this is not high level marketing of my skills.

Have bounties to finish if anyone's doing trials. I'm garbage at PvP so this is casual only.

Edit: I realize this is not high level marketing of my skills.
I need to do the same in about an hour. If you don't find anyone in the meantime...

I'll post here when I can start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom