• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Yup. Can't do this solo. Got no time. Got no patience. Would personally like to kick the teeth in of half these people so they can choke.

X-Frame

Unpopular Opinion? Almost every single one of the new TTK Crucible maps are worse than Year 1's, especially the original Year 1 maps.

I want to play Classic 6V6 but all the players in there are new and terrible and that's no fun. They really need to bring all the maps into the current playlist now, dilute some of the newer maps please.

Afrocious

Unpopular Opinion? Almost every single one of the new TTK Crucible maps are worse than Year 1's, especially the original Year 1 maps.

I want to play Classic 6V6 but all the players in there are new and terrible and that's no fun. They really need to bring all the maps into the current playlist now, dilute some of the newer maps please.

lol i think that's the common consensus.

not unpopular. Bungie's DLC maps are usually good but they're almost all worse in Destiny for some reason

-Sector is hot garbage anywhere
-Frontier is only decent in rumble
-Vertigo is only decent in control
-Drifter and Memento are only okay in skirmish
-Dungeons, i dunno. i like the map itself but it's so easy to be spawn killed on it. for some reason, it plays 6s better than 3s
-dunno what to think of Crossroads. it's perfect for mayhem i guess?
-Bannerfall is the best of the bunch, but in this pulse snipe meta i don't like playing anyone good on it. it's way too campy and the height variation is wasted with how easy it is to scope out all the long flat sightlines

it's not like House of Wolves maps were any better. Thieves Den, Timekeeper and Widow's Court are terrible anywhere. Black Shield is decent depending on the game mode, but it's also easy to be spawn killed here. And of course, automatic doors.

Classic is better if not solely for the map rotation (until a HoW shows up). The stinkers from vanilla aren't as bad as year 2's stinkers, i'll agree.

Mercury hype for Igor and Todd! We kinda sorta thought about throwing away a few games there but clutched it out just enough to get it done. GG gentlemen.

Sadly no Scarab emblem hype for any of us despite playing another 9 games after the flawless... stupid emblem. I'll never even wear it but it's still annoying how random it is to obtain.

NeOak

Mercury hype for Igor and Todd! We kinda sorta thought about throwing away a few games there but clutched it out just enough to get it done. GG gentlemen.

Sadly no Scarab emblem hype for any of us despite playing another 9 games after the flawless... stupid emblem. I'll never even wear it but it's still annoying how random it is to obtain.

#forever29NoScarab

That opinion is shared among most of us I think. The vast majority or year 2 maps are trash. Drifter, Sector 618 and Frontier may well be the worst maps in the game. Crossroads is bad but is at least fun. Dungeons is probably the best new map but isn't great. Bannerfall and Vertigo are just okay. Memento is bad. They really do need to weight year one maps high enough to be in common rotation.

Yeah I had zero fun playing this tonight, don't know why I bothered putting this in the disk tray. Think it's time for me to move on.

Watching the Steelers destroy the Colts would have been a better idea.

Want to do a card later on?

That opinion is shared among most of us I think. The vast majority or year 2 maps are trash. Drifter, Sector 618 and Frontier may well be the worst maps in the game. Crossroads is bad but is at least fun. Dungeons is probably the best new map but isn't great. Bannerfall and Vertigo are just okay. Memento is bad. They really do need to weight year one maps high enough to be in common rotation.

Drifter is way better than Vertigo (which doesn't really say much but hey)

No clue why they chose to feature that map prior to release.

Thanks for the trip to mercury todd and drizzay. It was a lot of fun playing with you. We lost 3 games in like 18 matches? Not bad.

Yeah, something like that. All of our losses were super winnable games where we just made bad tactical plays, usually just giving up orb control once we had one or two guys down. When we were actually communicating and moving together generally we stomped all over fools.

Lost at 8 w Mercy used. Boo.

thank you guys a ton for the help

Had one double snipe at least?

(bows to Ape and Sentinal)

Well done gents! Sounds like the helmet goal was met and exceeded.

Drifter is way better than Vertigo.

No clue why they chose to feature that map prior to release.

For my tastes I hate drifter. I cannot stand having my mobility limited by those tunnels around the outside of the map. I don't care for the flow either. There never feels like a specific place where encounters should happen for non objective modes. Vertigo isn't good but I at least feel like I can move around. I don't mind it for some objective modes too.

Yeah, something like that. All of our losses were super winnable games where we just made bad tactical plays, usually just giving up orb control once we had one or two guys down. When we were actually communicating and moving together generally we stomped all over fools.

Well done gents! Sounds like the helmet goal was met and exceeded.

I should have channeled my inner Todd at the end. We just got rolled.

if Destiny had a real competitive scene with custom games, i'd say the only maps that'd be in the official rotation would be

Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Firebase Delphi
Burning Shrine
Exodus Blue

Want to do a card later on?

Fo sho. Getting some food now. When were you gonna be around?

#forever29NoScarab

lol something tells me this meme won't get as much traction...

Yeah I had zero fun playing this tonight, don't know why I bothered putting this in the disk tray. Think it's time for me to move on.

Watching the Steelers destroy the Colts would have been a better idea.

Poor Colts. It looks like Krafty vs. Taiste out there.

I should have channeled my inner Todd at the end. We just got rolled.

Todd exists inside us all. Believe in him and you will never be alone when your trials team is dead.

- Abraham Lincoln

There were a couple rounds when you were last guardian standing and also last person with a super. Then, bam! storm caller clearing house.

I remember one match in particular after we'd lost our mercy, the game where every round was sweaty. You super'ed one guy then popped out from cover but they both had snipers on you. I was holding my breath on that one, but the clutch was real.

There were a couple rounds when you were last guardian standing and also last person with a super. Then, bam! storm caller clearing house.

I remember one match in particular after we'd lost our mercy, the game where every round was sweaty. You super'ed one guy then popped out from cover but they both had snipers on you. I was holding my breath on that one, but the clutch was real.

Todd makes Stormcaller look so good.

Dave_6

Any of you good Trials players going to be on tomorrow? I'm off work and would like to at least get the bounties and the helmet for my Titan and Warlock. Don't have to get to Mercury as I'm not that good but if so that's great!

lmao kinda disappointed they're nerfing sunbreaker

RRprgcM.gif

I can see why though holy shit. It's like a bladedancer but with more range lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom