• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

There were a couple rounds when you were last guardian standing and also last person with a super. Then, bam! storm caller clearing house.

I remember one match in particular after we'd lost our mercy, the game where every round was sweaty. You super'ed one guy then popped out from cover but they both had snipers on you. I was holding my breath on that one, but the clutch was real.

I took them on a tour to... Shock City.

todd360

Inside me?

I'm naming my stomach gas when I play Trials "Todd".
YheHHKT.jpg

I'm good to go now. :p

Ok, gimme like 10-15 to finish eating and chilling then I'll be ready. Send Ghaz an invite if you see him online.

wouldn't mind getting my first trials run with you sometime tomorrow..if you're up for it

Yeah let's do it. How many hours before the reset will you be available? Not sure who else would be around to help then, especially if it's super late EST time.

If you need a third at any point tonight Drizz, hit me up. Gotta do a card with my Titan.

Sounds like you got plenty of suitors already, haha. Good luck w your run!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks for the run guys!

304 Scout
310 Autorifle
314 Boots

Light level 313->314... Inching forward!

And a Warlock exotic, 310 Impossible Machine gauntlets

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I needed one more for gold, guys. :(

Don't blame u for leaving though haha. Ugh can't get into a groove in this map.

Ok, gimme like 10-15 to finish eating and chilling then I'll be ready. Send Ghaz an invite if you see him online.

Yeah let's do it. How many hours before the reset will you be available? Not sure who else would be around to help then, especially if it's super late EST time.

Sounds like you got plenty of suitors already, haha. Good luck w your run!

I'm still down if u need a third tonight. I'd like to try to get the helmet for my Titan.

the_id

Thanks for the run guys!

304 Scout
310 Autorifle
314 Boots

Light level 313->314... Inching forward!

And a Warlock exotic, 310 Impossible Machine gauntlets
I'm so jelly. I got moldering shards, a warlock bond and a shell. I got a 310 crest of alpha lupi for my hunter at least and that was from the Shade of Oryx. Fuck this RNG.

the lag is real.
Partly because my space magic had to go through some satellites to reach you guys.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm so jelly. I got moldering shards, a warlock bond and a shell. I got a 310 crest of alpha lupi for my hunter at least and that was from the Shade of Oryx. Fuck this RNG.

Partly because my space magic had to go through some satellites to reach you guys.

well I got the exotic gauntlets from the shade too :p popped a 3oC

This has been a particularly difficult Osiris week for my friends and I. Lot of tough players, plus we aren't the best at sniping and the map definitely favors it. And I feel like we've faced off against more Sunbreakers this week than any other. This might be the first week we don't make it to the Lighthouse since Cauldron was the map pre-Taken King (excluding the two or three weeks when we didn't play Trials). Lost two nights in a row so tomorrow will be our last shot.

Shiv47

I think I'm done with Trials after this latest run. The bounty rewards aren't worth the abject humiliation of getting obliterated game after game.

Got my RAF coworker up to 250 light. He just needs the NF now. I am going to grind a few heroic strikes with him tomorrow so he's no so squishy for the saber strike. I'll then need a DGAF hero to help me get through the first part. New sparrow inbound.

I think I'm done with Trials after this latest run. The bounty rewards aren't worth the abject humiliation of getting obliterated game after game.
It's funny, despite getting massacred card after card, Trials is the most fun I'm having in Destiny, right now. The intensity pushes me harder then other PVP modes; I want to push my sniping and map awareness to the next level. Every time I get killed, I know exactly why and what I should have done to avoid it - feels like Dark Souls did.

Shiv47

It's funny, despite getting massacred card after card, Trials is the most fun I'm having in Destiny, right now. The intensity pushes me harder then other PVP modes; I want to push my sniping and map awareness to the next level. Every time I get killed, I know exactly why and what I should have done to avoid it - feels like Dark Souls did.

Oh, I usually know why I died, it's generally because my skills just aren't up to the level of most players. Can't shoot quickly enough, or on target enough, or getting grenaded or supered or whatever. Destiny is the first game I've put any time into PvP with, and it usually shows. Iron Banner has a low enough skill level that I do okay (aside from playing with GAF, when we get matched up against other teams, and then I get wrecked), and it's fun. Trials is the ultimate expression of "get gud" in this game, and I can't compete.

Sorry for leaving man. I didn't realize. My wife kept trying to talk to me about something so I got off as soon as that last match was over.

Also, Widows Court is the fucking worst. Thieves Den is heaven compared to this crap.

No worries man. Thanks for helping out. :)

deadduck

Trials is still a blast.

Didn't enjoy this map, the long sniper battles waiting for someone to get a pick can be annoying, but I suppose working out how to handle the situation makes it interesting.

Got a couple of cards ruined by DCs, hearing your friends pain as they struggle 2vs3 is the worst.

Couple of trips to Mercury with my usuals with some big comebacks. Thanks to Rubenov and Wicked for the extra late night Sunday run, the hardest part of that is keeping up with the pace of Rubenov... Love the small tips I pickup each time.

My TLW is ready for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom