• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

I'll save you kraven:

Real talk, i would prefer paid content like HoW to the MT system we have now.

I agree. I'd pay $40 for 2 guaranteed DLCs this year rather than what we've got in the pipeline right now.

“Bungie isn't Beyoncé”

This must be the second time or more I've read someone say this. Need a shirt.

My apologies. Didn't realize it was a common phrase. Bungie ain't bootylicious

Calcium

Banned
Hey guys, I haven't played The Taken King yet and I was considering picking it up. Initially I was just going to wait until it was dirt cheap, but I'm going to need something to play after I finish Fallout 4. Is there enough content to make it worth $40 if I don't plan on raiding at all?

flkraven

Hey guys, I haven't played The Taken King yet and I was considering picking it up. Initially I was just going to wait until it was dirt cheap, but I'm going to need something to play after I finish Fallout 4. Is there enough content to make it worth $40 if I don't plan on raiding at all?

Even after all my complaints above, absolutely yes. $40 will give you atleast 40-60 hours of fun if you plan on doing the end game stuff that isn't raiding (ie, end game missions, hunting for exotics, swords, etc).

spyder_ur

Are we assuming that MIDA, Bones, Armamentarium etc. are going to be thrown into the pool for exotic engrams and also be purchasable from the kiosk? If so, I'll have them pretty quick - have a couple 25 mark bounties on each character.

Yeah, paying for concrete content holds Bungie to some kind of standard, but fracturing the userbase isn't fun either.

It was my main worry when I heard the news about MTs and the changes to DLC planning that came along with it. You can criticize TDB and HoW all you want, but at this time last year there was a lot of enthusiasm and activity around that DLC. I just can't shake the feeling that instead of getting content that generates that enthusiasm, what we're getting instead is content with the primary intention of monetizing the game.

Calcium

Banned
Even after all my complaints above, absolutely yes. $40 will give you atleast 40-60 hours of fun if you plan on doing the end game stuff that isn't raiding (ie, end game missions, hunting for exotics, swords, etc).

Great, thanks. I doubt I'll be hunting for exotics, though. Grinding for shit like that just irritates me.

TTK may well be discounted come Christmas, so you can wait a bit if you like. Though we are getting sparrow racing league tomorrow, so if that looks like something you'd like to play, get it earlier.

40-60 hours sounds like a stretch, the TTK content minus the raid is 15-20 hours at best. But you should definitely consider getting into the raid, you'll be able to find a group here and many vets who run raids for newbies and first timers, so you're in the right place.

Are we assuming that MIDA, Bones, Armamentarium etc. are going to be thrown into the pool for exotic engrams and also be purchasable from the kiosk? If so, I'll have them pretty quick - have a couple 25 mark bounties on each character.

No reason why they shouldn't be, though this is Bungie the King of the pointless grind so anything is possible. I've got 350 marks saved in hope

Super excited for Sparrow racing tomorrow.

Also, an old coworker of mine bought Destiny last week, so we hooked up last night for the Refer a Friend stuff.

E92 M3

It was my main worry when I heard the news about MTs and the changes to DLC planning that came along with it. You can criticize TDB and HoW all you want, but at this time last year there was a lot of enthusiasm and activity around that DLC. I just can't shake the feeling that instead of getting content that generates that enthusiasm, what we're getting instead is content with the primary intention of monetizing the game.

That is my main concern that these events are just designed for monetization. I was fully okay with emotes, but the stats book really rubs me the wrong way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...de_up_my_own_challenge_mode_for_pvp_win_with/

I had some fun over the weekend by playing Mayhem Rumble and only using grenades. It was a lot of fun.

C68TGWd.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnTiF9MDOY

Trakan

I found shitty images of PS4 exclusive IB armor. It looks like the hunter cloak is chainmail. Titan helmet looks even better than the original one.

CVkRqgjWsAAOwpW.png

CVkQ0BRXAAE5UiF.png

shingi70

Banned
Just got my Alpha code for The division. Can't wait to play it, dude in that info thread is saying its diablo meets Destiny with some gears and fhost recon.

Great, thanks. I doubt I'll be hunting for exotics, though. Grinding for shit like that just irritates me.
Meh IMO the game is not for you. Even tho the gun play is great, it is a pure end loot driven game. There is a lot of grinding even tho it's easier this time around. I would not recommend destiny for you. Especially if you are playing by yourself.

Calcium

Banned
Meh IMO the game is not for you. Even tho the gun play is great, it is a pure end loot driven game. There is a lot of grinding even tho it's easier this time around. I would not recommend destiny for you. Especially if you are playing by yourself.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I have played and enjoyed the base game. It's unfortunate (for me, at least) that Destiny is so raid-centric at the endgame, but there was enough content for me to enjoy my time with it. I'm just hoping the expansion has a little more to offer.

Dgaf is already at an all time low :( even for myself, don't even know when the last time I finish a raid, nightfall, etc. I still will play for fun sometimes. Hopefully the new weapon patch will restore my interest in Pvp.

All I play is PvP w/ Strikes mixed in every now and then. No interest in doing the raid over and over for bigger numbers that don't mean anything. I ran the raid the first 3 weeks it was out, didn't see the point in doing it again and haven't been back since. F Hard mode and Challenge mode.

If that's the new hunter IB helmet, it's a downgrade from the Hunter's Revan Helmet

What do you think that one helmet is? We can clearly see the titan and Hunter helmet and even the warlock helmet. Yet there is still another helmet picture.

You fellas up for a run tonight? I did all my bounties but I'd like to at least get to Mercury once this week. It wouldn't be until 7-7:30pm EST(Todd) time.

LTWood12

I really hope armentaruim gets a cosmetic makeover. No more grenade boobs. And to stop clashing with every shader

Grenade boobs are the worst. I pretty much refuse to wear it except in the most dire of circumstances.

All I want for Christmas is a bullet-hose w/ high stability.

FyreWulff

Wait, so sparrow racing is it? Late to the party, I know, but that's all I've really been able to find online.

It's the current world event.

Unless people want Bungie to start talking details about an expansion release that, by all expectations of timing, won't be out for another 10 months?

"Hey guys, here's a level from Year 3"

*giant blank texture mass out blocks*

"pretend it's a Vex fort"

Raven117

Hello Destiny Gaf,
Wanted to finally stop in and say hello. I've been checking in on these threads since about OT6 "Lock me like on of your French Girls, Jack." I'm looking forward to hanging around a little bit!

Its a shame that Destiny is in a dire lull right now (and there looks to be little light at the end of the tunnel in terms of any significant content), but I'm sure this community will continue to push onwards and really get going once the news of more content hits.

I guess it makes sense that Destiny is in a drought. If they really intend to release "Destiny 2" in only a 2 year span from the original release of the first game, they are going to need "all hands on deck" to meet that deadline. Yes, of course, Destiny was in development before Destiny 1 shipped, but still...That's a lot.

Edit: Oh, main a hunter, have the two alts of titan and warlock. Hunter is over 310, the other two are in the mid 300's. Been playing since day 1.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I have played and enjoyed the base game. It's unfortunate (for me, at least) that Destiny is so raid-centric at the endgame, but there was enough content for me to enjoy my time with it. I'm just hoping the expansion has a little more to offer.

Ahh gotcha. Didnt know you already played the OG. Welp TTK is structure way better than OG. You will prob enjoy it then.

E92 M3

Hello Destiny Gaf,
Wanted to finally stop in and say hello. I've been checking in on these threads since about OT6 "Lock me like on of your French Girls, Jack." I'm looking forward to hanging around a little bit!

Its a shame that Destiny is in a dire lull right now (and there looks to be little light at the end of the tunnel in terms of any significant content), but I'm sure this community will continue to push onwards and really get going once the news of more content hits.

I guess it makes sense that Destiny is in a drought. If they really intend to release "Destiny 2" in only a 2 year span from the original release of the first game, they are going to need "all hands on deck" to meet that deadline. Yes, of course, Destiny was in development before Destiny 1 shipped, but still...That's a lot.

Hi, Raven welcome aboard. We have a big update tomorrow, so that will definitely be something fun to discuss.

So is the exclusive Iron Banner armor a permanent addition for this year? or just for this Iron Banner? I've seen no official details on it, so I have no clue. When is the Iron Banner anyway? Tomorrow?

Excited for Sparrow Racing League. Just like Bungie to have every freak the f---- out about the Tron bike from Refer-A-Friend and then drop even cooler ones as part of the event.

Also, Golgoroth challenge tomorrow. Gonna be real interesting to see how that one pans out.

Don't worry about grinding for exotics. Most of the new ones that require you to grind and do a half dozen different tasks aren't even really that good. You will start accumulating them over time just playing the game. Besides the way Bungie works they will just nuke the quests in a few months and just throw the new stuff into wild anyways.

LTWood12

So I'm finally supposed to get my Chaperone tomorrow. However, i'm kind of worried that the presence of all the sparrow racing stuff will bug out the chaperone quest and Amanda won't have it for me.

todd360

You fellas up for a run tonight? I did all my bounties but I'd like to at least get to Mercury once this week. It wouldn't be until 7-7:30pm EST(Todd) time.

I don't know. I should really play either steins gate, fallout 4, or metal gear solid V. I'm never going to finish them if I play nothing but trials lol.

So I'm finally supposed to get my Chaperone tomorrow. However, i'm kind of worried that the presence of all the sparrow racing stuff will bug out the chaperone quest and Amanda won't have it for me.

Perfect timing with the Shotgun patch. It's a beast and should still work well at range. It's going to be in my first Striker loadout. Peregrine Greaves, Chaperone. Gotta go fast!

Are you doing Golgi challenge tomorrow?

Did you get any hate mail?

Some good use of bubble and funny that the only other offensive move in the Drifter video was one punch in a bubble. Fun stuff.

Nope no hate mail, and that one stupid punch, I was so mad at myself, but my instincts took over for a brief moment. I still killed him with a stick, so I figured it was okay, as he would have died anyway.

LTWood12

Perfect timing with the Shotgun patch. It's a beast and should still work well at range. It's going to be in my first Striker loadout. Peregrine Greaves, Chaperone. Gotta go fast!

Are you doing Golgi challenge tomorrow?

For sure. Need to check w/ T-44 on the timing. Hoping we can get the same crew together from last week.

Hawkian, Saveweyard, Kreepmode report in.

It's the current world event.

Unless people want Bungie to start talking details about an expansion release that, by all expectations of timing, won't be out for another 10 months?

"Hey guys, here's a level from Year 3"

*giant blank texture mass out blocks*

"pretend it's a Vex fort"

Meh, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Chances are we'll see the EDZ as a playable destination in Year 3 since it's the only bit of content we've seen in old ViDocs that hasn't been released yet.

Edit: Referring to that forrest-y place that had some almost stone castle like structures sprinkles around it.

NeOak

Meh, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Chances are we'll see the EDZ as a playable destination in Year 3 since it's the only bit of content we've seen in old ViDocs that hasn't been released yet.

Edit: Referring to that forrest-y place that had some almost stone castle like structures sprinkles around it.

Waiting for Old Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom