• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Todd, who's going to make funny quips and ask what class my GF plays then?

Paradox is the daily? Time to get my RAF coworker his first exotic gun tonight.

Except time-gating. Ape pls. Your blueberry will have to wait until tomorrow (post-reset) to actually continue the quest.

Waiting for Old Chicago

I think the 3 most likely are EDZ, Mercury, and Europa as full destinations.

• EDZ exists to some point, as seen in old Vidocs.
  • Mercury has a strong presence in the game as it is, and has everything short of an actual destination.
  • Europa has the best Concept Art of all the missing destinations that were hinted at before launch.

M4LJTir.jpg

Literally disgusting.

What? Why?

I think the 3 most likely are EDZ, Mercury, and Europa as full destinations.

• EDZ exists to some point, as seen in old Vidocs.
  • Mercury has a strong presence in the game as it is, and has everything short of an actual destination.
  • Europa has the best Concept Art of all the missing destinations that were hinted at before launch.

What? Why?

Im just messing with you because i posted some pages back how i hated fusion grenades because of the lack of skill involved :p

Im just messing with you because i posted some pages back how i hated fusion grenades because of the lack of skill involved :p

Ahh, I missed the connection.

It is certainly crazy to see how magnetic the magnetic grenade is. My favorite was on that Drifter match, a little over half way through I throw a grenade at a warlock who nova bombs me, and you can see the grenade swoop upward after it passes underneath the warlock.

ethomaz

Banned
Hello.

I just read the Titan change log.

So now they have close to 20% Warlock melee range (well better than Hunters I guess) and Sunbreakers were destroyed in the process.

Hello.

So now they have close to 20% Warlock melee range (well better than Hunters I guess) and Sunbreakers were balanced in the process.

FTFY, they needed it. And as LT says Strikers got a great buff. Now fix blade dancers and gunslingers

Hello.

So now they have close to 20% Warlock melee range (well better than Hunters I guess) and Sunbreakers were destroyed in the process.

Yeah, the melee range still isn't where it needs to be, but it seemed that Sage was hinting that future subclass changes for Warlocks & Hunters will bring their respective melee ranges in.

What impressed me is how minimal all the changes were. I was really hoping we'd get some reimaginings to update Year 1 subclasses and keep them up to par with Year 2.

Sunbreakers don't seem to destroyed at all. They still seem really strong. If anything, the Defender buff wasn't enough, especially in PvP.

A bit hyperbolic wouldn't you say. Also, Strikers are gonna be HOT.

And yet you don't wear Armamentarium. Double lightning grenades. TWO OF THEM. TWO OF THESE:
VAOjUMu.gif

Namikaze1

I pre-ordered the PS4 version, which gives you a beta code; you can use this code on any platform. The Division xbox early alpha starts on Wednesday with PS4 & PC starting "early 2016.

Happy noomi is happy.
Gonna do the old fashion Amazon way.

Preorder.
Get Code.
Cancel.
???
Profit.

noomi

Gonna do the old fashion Amazon way.

Preorder.
Get Code.
Cancel.
???
Profit.

That's what a lot of people did :D

I got the PS4 version even though I really would have preferred PC. All my friends will be on PS4, and most of DGAF will be as well. So that's where I'll be :)

X-Frame

And yet you don't wear Armamentarium. Double lightning grenades. TWO OF THEM. TWO OF THESE:
VAOjUMu.gif

I'm going to be a rebel and run the Skullfort on my Striker, at least at first to go all in with melee to test it out. It'll be a fun change from Year 1 when The Armamentarium was pretty much the only good Striker exotic.

With the buff tomorrow bringing a 30% super cool down bonus via Amplify on Storm Fist kills, increased Storm Fist damage, increased melee range, having 2 melee charges, getting 1 back every respawn, getting Transfusion for free so that I can take Headstrong for more sprint speed to close gaps faster -- all that with a high Intellect build that may mean Strikers can get 5+ Fists of Havoc supers a game with enough melee kills.

So my girl just won an Xbox One's Gear of War Ultimate Edition bundle from her work holiday party. . we already have an xbox one but I don't have Gears of War (now I get the Gears 4 beta). I wonder how much we can get for the console untouched.

Makes it all the more disappointing that it looks so fucking dumb.

Just did a google search and apparently it's a real word. Though it originally meant Armory or Arsenal, it took on a new meaning in the 19th century.

ar·ma·men·tar·i·um
the medicines, equipment, and techniques available to a medical practitioner.​

Reminds me of this iconic Batman comic scene.

I'm going to be a rebel and run the Skullfort on my Striker, at least at first to go all in with melee to test it out. It'll be a fun change from Year 1 when The Armamentarium was pretty much the only good Striker exotic.

With the buff tomorrow bringing a 30% super cool down bonus via Amplify on Storm Fist kills, increased Storm Fist damage, increased melee range, having 2 melee charges, getting 1 back every respawn, getting Transfusion for free so that I can take Headstrong for more sprint speed to close gaps faster -- all that with a high Intellect build that may mean Strikers can get 5+ Fists of Havoc supers a game with enough melee kills.

youre_awesome_carl_sagan.gif

Namikaze1

That's what a lot of people did :D

I got the PS4 version even though I really would have preferred PC. All my friends will be on PS4, and most of DGAF will be as well. So that's where I'll be :)
Well, I preordered, got my promotional code, and got an email from ubisoft saying I'm in. Now I play the waiting game.

First to cancel my preorder.

Deku Tree

How many exotic engrams you got saved up?

16 I think but I'm not using any of them tomorrow. No reason to... I'm buying MIDA and Bones from the Kiosk and forgetting about the other ones. Maybe I'll buy them from Xur eventually but I'm not going to use them so why worry about them?

LTWood12

16 I think but I'm not using any of them tomorrow. No reason to... I'm buying MIDA and Bones from the Kiosk and forgetting about the other ones. Maybe I'll buy them from Xur eventually but I'm not going to use them so why worry about them?

Twilight Garrison tho'

Haha. Sagan hell yes.

It is also worth noting that the Thagomizers will basically render the Skullfort obsolete whenever it becomes available, at least in PvP.

I can't wait for those things and the Dunemarchers.

Grenade boobs are the worst. I pretty much refuse to wear it except in the most dire of circumstances.

All I want for Christmas is a bullet-hose w/ high stability.

Also, time to level up Fabian Strategy.

Fabian Strategy
Currently the effect of Front Lines is subtle and requires close attention to notice. The new approach to Front Lines focuses on a more tangible experience: we increase the base Rate of Fire stat and push the weapon up to the fastest firing Auto Rifle archetype, enabling the weapon to do more damage in less time (as long as you don’t miss). The visceral reply of the weapon as it cranks through the magazine feels much more appropriate for a Titan on the front lines, and the already ample Stability boost helps keep the rounds tight and focused. The new approach exposed a few bugs with magazine inconsistencies so we needed to retrofit the stat upgrade perks with new options.

Changes:
  • Front Lines perk on Fabian Strategy no longer buffs Rate of Fire as a bonus modifier. Front Lines now increases the base Rate of Fire stat to highest speed. Damage per bullet is offset to match the High RoF archetype.
  • Removed Extended Mag perk and replaced with Flared Magwell. Removed Small Bore perk and replaced with Rifled Barrel. Needed to make these changes to prevent shipping a magazine bug that could trigger when reloading the weapon while Front Lines perk was active.
  • Increased base Reload and Stability on the weapon to help offset the removed stat upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom