• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drizzay: Vaal, did you still get killed by that hunter who used all of his golden gun shots and missed you?

Me: ......

Drizzay: I'm going to take that silence as a yes.

Me: FUCK THE HAWKMOON.

Drizzay: Vaal, did you still get killed by that hunter who used all of his golden gun shots and missed you?

Me: ......

Drizzay: I'm going to take that silence as a yes.

Me: FUCK THE HAWKMOON.

lolol I was so confused

All's well that end's well... within the boundaries of Mercury.

deadduck

Anyway to see a list of the top 10-20 guardians you've played and how you got on?

I don't go looking them up before games anymore, but it'll be cool to see compiled.

Lnkn52

Omg, how did we lose to a team that got 17 revives. That is hilarious.

And our first match against Datto teammate was just ruthless. Why Bungie.

GGs and thanks again for the help Ghaz. We were definitely finding our groove there, had a 15 game winning streak until that last scrub match. That's how we knew it was time for sleep, haha.

Omg, how did we lose to a team that got 17 revives. That is hilarious.

And our first match against Datto teammate was just ruthless. Why Bungie.

Umm might have had something to do w letting them get 17 revives, just a theory though.

What was the teammates name btw? I've played a few of them before.

I'm really sad to see the reaction in here to sparrow racing :(

I think I'm not part of this anymore

I'd be interested in your elaboration if you wanted to share. I'm sure the overall tone was pretty negative but we are pretty experienced at criticizing Destiny here. The mood always gets a little blue during the down days, but this one seems especially long and barren. Especially because we're treading new ground with the game now: no major content release on the horizon.

Number45

Do the daily heroics run in any kind of sequence? Trying to plan some time for the next time the BS quest comes up! Do people on GAF still sherpa this mission?

Do the daily heroics run in any kind of sequence? Trying to plan some time for the next time the BS quest comes up! Do people on GAF still sherpa this mission?

I have no idea about the sequence but it seems very possible. Today is the Paradox NTTE daily again so they come around often. And yes people still Sherpa BS whenever it arrives, it's especially easy nowadays w exotic swords and farm strats.

Lnkn52

I have no idea about the sequence but it seems very possible. Today is the Paradox NTTE daily again so they come around often. And yes people still Sherpa BS whenever it arrives, it's especially easy nowadays w exotic swords and farm strats.
Boogie has been Mia. He doesn't even stream anymore.

Boogie has been Mia. He doesn't even stream anymore.

He's streaming Bloodbourne DLC right now! But yeah he's probably taking a Destiny break like so many others which is perfectly understandable.

He did the overwhelming majority but I know lots of people have helped on runs. I can definitely run a few if there's interest next time that daily appears.

LPT2yc5.jpg

Deku Tree

He's streaming Bloodbourne DLC right now! But yeah he's probably taking a Destiny break like so many others which is perfectly understandable.

He did the overwhelming majority but I know lots of people have helped on runs. I can definitely run a few if there's interest next time that daily appears.

LPT2yc5.jpg

Looks like Chalice dungeons.

The reaction is mainly negative because it's a) replacing traditional DLC b) temporary c) charges you $10 for the chance to get the best gear d) doesn't involve shooting stuff

Personally I don't think it will be that big a hit, I presume IB will roll around with the patch, hopefully the weapons patch will breathe some life into Crucible and driving around in circles on the same two maps will get old very quickly

Picked up Xenoblade Chronicles X but I still haven't done the Warpriest challenge.

I hope the next challenge offers an artifact too, or the next one. Man, I'm struggling to want to turn this on. Nice as it is playing with you folks a lot of the time when I started up Destiny I found myself playing for way longer than expected. Now that I've taken a break and the spell is broken so to speak, the main feeling I get when I think about flipping this on is dread. Just the type of person I am I can't help but fall into the rabbit hole doing dumb quests and bounties and shit that I absolutely know won't reward my time. If a game has loot I become an idiot more often than not.

Ken

I feel like I should do the NTTE quest but looking at the weapon and how many steps there are is ehh. Maybe later.

I dont think its so much a negative reaction to sparrow racing. But more so that we aren't getting any more paid content or any major expansions for the foreseeable future.

noomi

I dont think its so much a negative reaction to sparrow racing. But more so that we aren't getting any more paid content or any major expansions for the foreseeable future.

That's my stance as well...

I'm all for the "super fun free content updates" like sparrow racing and different calendar events through-out the year, but I would also really enjoy more substantial PvE events (raids, PoE type stuff, queens events...etc).

I'm pretty certain we won't see a major content update until Destiny 2 (or whatever they end up calling it).

Number45

Excellent, I'll keep an eye out. I have all of the swords now, but whenever I've tried this it's been a turtle-(and death)-fest in the entrance to that last room.

GlamFM

Banned

Hey Rob, sorry about yesterday, everything was kind of confusing. I feel really bad.

Did you get it done?

Has anyone still got the Warpriest CP available. Want to complete the challenge before reset.

Ty

Umm I could load it in ~10-15 if you still need it.

the main feeling I get when I think about flipping this on is dread.

As Hawkian would say: then you definitely shouldn't be playing! Sounds like you're doing the right thing for yourself, and now is definitely a good time. We (and Destiny) will still be here if/when you return!

You got that one hunter that missed all 3 GG shots on you though drizz

Drizzay > vaal

Haha oh yeah playing ring around the rosey/peekaboo with that guy on the gazebo. Golden Tears are always good. Trials is so much fun, I can't play other modes anymore.

Looks like Chalice dungeons.

Ah, I've only played a couple hours of the DLC so I'm trying to stay as blind as possible. I'll switch over to it full time... sometime.

bitsurugi

Hire more people, get a raid, every 3 months? Don't care if it's a shitty raid, like CE, i just want some Destiny related content (by this: i mean shooting enemies and not racing!).

Racing is cool and all, but it's a side activity and shoudl be treated like such. I can't help to immagine why Bungie didn't invest time and/or resources in a FPS related activity.

Hell, even more bounties/missions would be more needed. Kinda tired of killing 50 Cabal every other day and doing tha daily missions from TTK for the 100'th time.

Nightfalls are also in desperate need of a more varried rotation. Feels like we are doing the same 4 maps all over every week.

Miss the hype TDB gave us last year, even if it was a shitty DLC.

E92 M3

I think the Live Team should be more focused on quality of life and improving current activities. For starters: Nightfall should have faction bonus.

Also more vault space for next gen only or something. My worry is that they see so much profit with emotes that they will keep making events that funnel people toward them. It's actually really souring me on Destiny. Greed is slowly seeping through.

So is the big patch supposed to hit tomorrow as far as we know?

Tomorrow or maybe Wednesday. Probably tomorrow lol.

Deku Tree

Hire more people, get a raid, every 3 months? Don't care if it's a shitty raid, like CE, i just want some Destiny related content (by this: i mean shooting enemies and not racing!).

Racing is cool and all, but it's a side activity and shoudl be treated like such. I can't help to immagine why Bungie didn't invest time and/or resources in a FPS related activity.

Hell, even more bounties/missions would be more needed. Kinda tired of killing 50 Cabal every other day and doing tha daily missions from TTK for the 100'th time.

Nightfalls are also in desperate need of a more varried rotation. Feels like we are doing the same 4 maps all over every week.

Miss the hype TDB gave us last year, even if it was a shitty DLC.

because it was massively upvoted by Reddit, and it's probably relatively inexpensive to add, and it adds variety to the list of things you can do, and last but not least it's easy to surround with MTs... It would be harder to have a fully FPS related MT filled event.

E92 M3

Do we even have vault space to store all this new loot? Racing suits, helmets, class items, horns, new IB gear (PS exclusive)..?

So much loot.
So little space.

Exactly, it's why I don't even play as much lately. No space to hold my loot. I would gladly give Bungie money for my vault space.

Deku Tree

So either there will be a level cap increase in early 2016, or there will be a lot of 319-320's running around saying "what do I do now?"

So either there will be a level cap increase in early 2016, or there will be a lot of 319-320's running around saying "what do I do now?"

I hate the idea that this is a problem. Mostly because I want to own a multiple 320 sets for different reasons.

I want a raid set, and a PvP set for AR/Sniping, and a PvP set for Scout/Shotgun, and a Racing Set, etc...

Deku Tree

I have 16 exotic engrams in my vault. I don't need them and I keep hoping they will decrypt into 330s after the level cap increase.

I have 16 exotic engrams in my vault. I don't need them and I keep hoping they will decrypt into 330s after the level cap increase.

I highly doubt they will ( stopped hording them and I have 26) because they might do what they did with legendary engrams where older ones will only give the previous loot/level cap so 310 might be highest.

I have stopped buying 3 of coins now also and just saving all my strange coins until it is 100% confirmed that someone has decrypted an engram into 320 + gear.

flkraven

As a Destiny addict, sparrow racing sounds incredibly fun. However, I don't think that it will rejuvenate this game. This is just another piece of evidence showing the Bungie plans on coasting on our current content until the release of the next big expansion (or Destiny 2) in September.

If they were planning on revealing a DLC that was a few months out, PSX or TGAs would have been the place, no? Bungie isn't Beyoncé. They aren't going to same-day announce and release content, so they would want at least a couple month of marketing and hype. Sparrow racing will bring people back in the same way that Iron Banner brings people back: barely, and only for a few days.

This time last year we were getting The Dark Below. No, it wasn't a great expansion, but it was something moderately substantial. A new raid. New story missions. A new strike. A level increase. A reason to come back. Before that they introduced Iron Banner and the Queen's Wrath bounties. In season 2 of Destiny, the additional content we've gotten so far are emotes, masks (with not-really-content missions attached), and now sparrow racing. Novelty and cosmetic stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I will play the shit out of sparrow racing but make no mistake, this is less than what we were getting last year and it's less than I expected this year. What I really want is just more content for people sitting between 310-320. I don't even want a LL increase, just something to do once I've capped out. More shaders, emblems, ships, etc, but attach new content to those things.

Edit: Oh god, me complaining at the top of the page....um...look sparrows!

hubqxqc8qlsgqha4sdgp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom