• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Also, time to level up Fabian Strategy.

Fabian Strategy
Currently the effect of Front Lines is subtle and requires close attention to notice. The new approach to Front Lines focuses on a more tangible experience: we increase the base Rate of Fire stat and push the weapon up to the fastest firing Auto Rifle archetype, enabling the weapon to do more damage in less time (as long as you don’t miss). The visceral reply of the weapon as it cranks through the magazine feels much more appropriate for a Titan on the front lines, and the already ample Stability boost helps keep the rounds tight and focused. The new approach exposed a few bugs with magazine inconsistencies so we needed to retrofit the stat upgrade perks with new options.

Changes:
  • Front Lines perk on Fabian Strategy no longer buffs Rate of Fire as a bonus modifier. Front Lines now increases the base Rate of Fire stat to highest speed. Damage per bullet is offset to match the High RoF archetype.
  • Removed Extended Mag perk and replaced with Flared Magwell. Removed Small Bore perk and replaced with Rifled Barrel. Needed to make these changes to prevent shipping a magazine bug that could trigger when reloading the weapon while Front Lines perk was active.
  • Increased base Reload and Stability on the weapon to help offset the removed stat upgrades.

Yeah I was just thinking about that last night. I actually dismantled it previously because it was such a waste of space. I'd full leveled and infused it a bit even. Guess it's time to start over.

Also, time to level up Fabian Strategy.

Fabian Strategy
Currently the effect of Front Lines is subtle and requires close attention to notice. The new approach to Front Lines focuses on a more tangible experience: we increase the base Rate of Fire stat and push the weapon up to the fastest firing Auto Rifle archetype, enabling the weapon to do more damage in less time (as long as you don’t miss). The visceral reply of the weapon as it cranks through the magazine feels much more appropriate for a Titan on the front lines, and the already ample Stability boost helps keep the rounds tight and focused. The new approach exposed a few bugs with magazine inconsistencies so we needed to retrofit the stat upgrade perks with new options.

Changes:
  • Front Lines perk on Fabian Strategy no longer buffs Rate of Fire as a bonus modifier. Front Lines now increases the base Rate of Fire stat to highest speed. Damage per bullet is offset to match the High RoF archetype.
  • Removed Extended Mag perk and replaced with Flared Magwell. Removed Small Bore perk and replaced with Rifled Barrel. Needed to make these changes to prevent shipping a magazine bug that could trigger when reloading the weapon while Front Lines perk was active.
  • Increased base Reload and Stability on the weapon to help offset the removed stat upgrades.

Boo. I dismantled mine. Now I need to waste marks and get it from the Kiosk. Weapon balances. Darn it.

Afrocious

I'm down for trials later. I gotta card that's halfway flawless that I'd like to finish.

Also only got 3 PvP matches in yesterday in skirmish.
I dunno why I bother with blues

Kaiken

Banned
Finally have my Titan up to speed.

Hunter 316 (All classes and perks unlocked)
Warlock 316 (Stormtrance almost fully unlocked)
Titan 312 (Still long way to go with classes, just unlocked blessings)

I'd really like something to boost the speed of class perk progression. Don't want to think about how long it'll take to get Sunbreaker and Striker completed.

Klyka

Banned
The reaction is mainly negative because it's a) replacing traditional DLC b) temporary c) charges you $10 for the chance to get the best gear d) doesn't involve shooting stuff

Personally I don't think it will be that big a hit, I presume IB will roll around with the patch, hopefully the weapons patch will breathe some life into Crucible and driving around in circles on the same two maps will get old very quickly

charges 10$ for gear?

wut?

GlamFM

Banned

I'd really like something to boost the speed of class perk progression. Don't want to think about how long it'll take to get Sunbreaker and Striker completed.

That´s only step 1 of 2.

Step 2: Delete both, Hunter and Warlock and make two more Titans.

What, like 320 gear?

This Bungie thread seems to suggest you'll get everything from completing the book, I guess the light level will be random like now, but who knows https://www.bungie.net/ko/Forum/Post/178430191/0/0/1

I'm really anxious to see the community reaction to the mode after a few days. Two tracks, and no other mode other than 'go faster than the other guys.'

I don't think it will be that popular, as I said earlier going around the same couple of circles for 3 weeks will get old very quickly. Sure we'll have a laugh having the odd race with friends but beyond that...

Reckon the free silver will cover it

We'll get 200 this time I bet going by the prices of everything

flkraven

Wait, so what is the alternative to buying that book? Is there a way to get the gear free? Is this the first step of them selling things that aren't just cosmetic?

This Bungie thread seems to suggest you'll get everything from completing the book, I guess the light level will be random like now, but who knows https://www.bungie.net/ko/Forum/Post/178430191/0/0/1

That's just a guy who is making assumptions after watching/reading interviews.

The OP of that thread says in one of the replies:

PRIMORDIAL
15h 0m ago

@TheRedHanded
I guess?! I don't have all the details but I'd assume it both give a path to get the gear you mentioned as well as track your overall stats across this event and any future racing event.

So it doesn't appear that anyone knows if the record book is necessary.

v1perz53

Yea I really hate it. I paid $20 for the digital collectors edition upgrade just for the 25% faster levelling exotics.

Also, as bad as it makes me feel to say this, I would love the option to pay $10 to be able to continue character progression solo in destiny. Where my life is right now, I can barely make time to do one Nightfall every 2 weeks or so, absolutely no chance at raiding. But I enjoy the game enough that more ways over the 290 hump will be nice. From what it looks like Sparrow Racing drops gear up to 320 with no actual combat stats, so you can use it to get your current gear to 320 as infuse fuel. Which to me means that it is up to Bungie to give raid gear unique enough aspects that it still ends up better than non-raid gear even if both end up at 320 light. Which, as a solo player, I would be totally fine with.

I also understand that I'm not entitled to progression as a solo player, which is why I don't hate the game as it is now or think it isn't fair. But I wont complain about more ways to progress if they do add it.

LTWood12

No. Don't.

I miss vanilla. Give me expansions instead of trying to get me to buy stuff for exclusive cosmetic gear.

Get me a Doctrine of Passing tonight and I promise not to buy it.

Kappa I'm still going to buy it.

I'll wait for full Reddit analysis before purchasing the record book lol.

I had this lovely back and forth today.
ltwood12
People complained about Queen's wrath because it was garbage. People are complaining about this because it's all we're getting. Many of us had the expectation for more since we knew they'd be at PSX. If they'd announced this in a weekly update or on twitter, I think the response would've been different.

I'm excited for the racing, but I'm pretty disappointed that this is it.
[–]coasterreal [score hidden] 40 minutes ago
Those expectations were set by you, not by Bungie. I know thats egged on by people really really wanting some bigger news, but they havent gone that far yet.

No reason to be disappointed in the event, looks like it should be quite fun. If anything, the announcement is that the Live Team can cook stuff up. I still have to think Bungie arent a bunch of idiots. They know they need content drops and this isnt a content drop. There is still time for something bigger.

Loaded into an in-progress match which ended before I even finished joining and got legendary boots. Wat

4s5tDSW.jpg

noomi

I'm doing both Xbox One and PS4 alpha/beta, are you just going to be on both consoles?

Mine is preloading now. I pre-ordered the ps4 version, but used the beta code to get the xbox alpha. Hopefuly, once the PS4 beta comes around I'll be able to get into that one as well.

HYPE.

Now... back to Destiny chat, uh.... Gjallarhorn.... AMIRITE?

E92 M3

Yeah, sometimes it's rather fanboyish there, but some people are extremely dedicated to crunching numbers, and I appreciate that aspect. Main browsing is always GAF, though.

The community has for two things since vanilla and we're finally getting them!

1. People have posted routinely wanting the vendors to update stock between expansions. This is even more important for Year 2 when there will be no expansion for an entire year.
  2. People have been wanting real Smart Loot since Day 1. Never getting a VoG helmet or getting the 4 pairs of boots in one King's Fall run. A loot system that knows what you've gotten already is such a player friendly and smart decision.

AND THEY'RE FINALLY HAPPENING!

for the real money shop.

Boo. Thanks for more free future content LT? I'm done paying into their microtransaction system. I can't even get a Y2 Trials shader. They can keep their book and over priced emotes.

Daemul

It's been two days since the SRL announcement and I'm still salty as fuck. I've been trying to avoid this thread so I don't pollute it with my rage, but Sparrow Racing? Really? Bungie pls.

It's been two days since the SRL announcement and I'm still salty as fuck. I've been trying to avoid this thread so I don't pollute it with my rage, but Sparrow Racing? Really? Bungie pls.

Did you not find the idea appealing back when people were first talking about it a year ago?

Daemul

Did you not find the idea appealing back when people were first talking about it a year ago?

I did at first until I actually tried Sparrow Racing with friends and realized that the Sparrows handling and controls are complete ass. I hope anyone looking forward to the SRL tomorrow doesn't expect it to be a similar quality to something like MotoGP, because it's going to be rough lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom