• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archon473

Yeah right, the SRL trailer got me hype. I just bought this game, though. I only have the intro Sparrow. I'm not sure if they will automatically select what Sparrows players will use (if it's ubiquitous among players). If players can use any Sparrow they own, obviously a select few high leveled ones will run ahead of the pack. I know so little about this game but racing seems like something that can only add to the game. I don't see why it should be a limited time event, either. It should be a permanent mode just like the Crucible or any deathmatch/vs mode.

On another note, I need to do a Patrol quest. There are so many missions included such as collecting things and killing groups of enemies. I am missing two specific kinds of Patrol missions within this quest. Is there a guaranteed way to start these such as loading from a specific beacon on the map, or are patrol missions randomly generated? I did maybe 5 or 6 staying on the planet but still have 3 to go.

lt519

Good luck everyone on Golgoroth tomorrow! I have no doubt GAF will handle the new challenge but I'm excited to see the general melt downs of people that don't know how to do anything more than sit in a pool and fire a sniper rifle. I'll get to it sometime this weekend, someone save me a checkpoint (;

LTWood12

Good luck everyone on Golgoroth tomorrow! I have no doubt GAF will handle the new challenge but I'm excited to see the general melt downs of people that don't know how to do anything more than sit in a pool and fire a sniper rifle. I'll get to it sometime this weekend, someone save me a checkpoint (;

eh, it'll be easy.

noomi

It'll be a big confusing mess first thing in the morning, then lots of theories on how-to's, then the guides from reddit will come, everyone will slowly start to beat it, and then I will raid at 6PM while you all tell me how to do it :p

On another note, I need to do a Patrol quest. There are so many missions included such as collecting things and killing groups of enemies. I am missing two specific kinds of Patrol missions within this quest. Is there a guaranteed way to start these such as loading from a specific beacon on the map, or are patrol missions randomly generated? I did maybe 5 or 6 staying on the planet but still have 3 to go.

A quest that requires doing different types of patrol missions? Can't seem to recall any quest like that. In any case, you can use your ghost to identify the type of patrol quest in the area before picking them up.

Sadly the patrol types spawn randomly, so keep on moving from one area to another until you find the ones you're looking for.

eh, it'll be easy.

It'll be a big confusing mess first thing in the morning, then lots of theories on how-to's, then the guides from reddit will come, everyone will slowly start to beat it, and then I will raid at 6PM while you all tell me how to do it :p

Be sure to save the golgoroth checkpoint before you kill him, so that if you fail the challenge, you can try again and again. I'm assuming we'll have to kill him in 6 orbs or not lose his gaze for a minimum number of orbs, three at least.

Number45

Be sure to save the golgoroth checkpoint before you kill him, so that if you fail the challenge, you can try again and again. I'm assuming we'll have to kill him in 6 orbs or not lose his gaze for a minimum number of orbs, three at least.
How do you save a check point? I assumed that you're screwed if you beat the boss and fail the challenge as it moves to the next check point?

Daemul

LOL! One of my mates was thinking of changing his GT to Valentino Rossi in order to troll people tomorrow in the SRL, but the GT is already taken :(.

noomi

My thoughts as well, our raid group started doing doubles gazes a few weeks back in preparation.

With shade-step hunters it'll be even easier.

LTWood12

We know it'll require using >1 pool/gaze. I don't see the requirements getting too hardcore beyond that.

GlamFM

Banned
LOL! One of my mates was thinking of changing his GT to Valentino Rossi in order to troll people tomorrow in the SRL, but the GT is already taken :(.

Marc Marquez maybe? He also doesn´t kick other drivers during the race which is nice...

Archon473

A quest that requires doing different types of patrol missions? Can't seem to recall any quest like that. In any case, you can use your ghost to identify the type of patrol quest in the area before picking them up.

Sadly the patrol types spawn randomly, so keep on moving from one area to another until you find the ones you're looking for.

Thank you. This image from the OP helps, too:
7LWxscF.png

Thank you. This image from the OP helps, too:

This image is missing 2 new patrol types added in Taken King.

A skull and crossbones is a Taken event that works like the VIP beacon, but is lengthier.

A stopwatch is a beacon that wants you to traverse an area of the map very rapidly (on sparrow unless in the dreadnaught).

stay gold

I actually used Voidwall grenades for that quest. It's amazing how many people just stand in the flames without realising, or try to run through with a sliver of health.

How do you save a check point? I assumed that you're screwed if you beat the boss and fail the challenge as it moves to the next check point?

When you reach golgoroth, load in with your alt and wipe to save the checkpoint.

We know it'll require using >1 pool/gaze. I don't see the requirements getting too hardcore beyond that.

Yeah I don't think they'll make it as hard as not being able to lose his gaze at all; many will struggle, esp on hard.

Though you never know, everyone complaining that warpriest challenge was too easy and not a challenge might have pushed them to increase the challenge for golgoroth.

Does anyone have a HM Warpriest checkpoint on PS4 by chance I could snag? I can join up and help down him quickly or just take the save. Much appreciated in advance!

I think the 3 most likely are EDZ, Mercury, and Europa as full destinations.

• EDZ exists to some point, as seen in old Vidocs.
  • Mercury has a strong presence in the game as it is, and has everything short of an actual destination.
  • Europa has the best Concept Art of all the missing destinations that were hinted at before launch.

What? Why?
To add to that Kotaku mentioned a new area on Mars that High Moon Studios are working on.

Namikaze1

I bet all the thralls and acolytes are replaced by knights
Nah, I can think of something much more worse than that:

sE2l7AX.jpg

Just pretend all the captains are in Golgoroth's arena. I'm too lazy to go make a new pic.

Edit: Wait fuck that! This is Oryx Challenge mode now!

So I finally got my newbie linked with me for A Tale of Two Guardians Refer-A-Friend thing.

What are the minimum light requirements for:
  • The Daily Heroic Mission
  • Heroic Strikes
  • The Nightfall

So I finally got my newbie linked with me for A Tale of Two Guardians Refer-A-Friend thing.

What are the minimum light requirements for:
  • The Daily Heroic Mission
  • Heroic Strikes
  • The Nightfall

You can do stuff 30 levels below your light level. I did a heroic strike with my RAF coworker last night and he was 235.

noomi

Boolean Gemini.

It sucks.

For PvE it's pretty bad, but for PvP it's my to go scout rifle (along with the jade rabbit) due to the fire rate on it.

Anytime I have a scout rifle bounty, I always whip the ole' booleon gemini out of the vault.

LTWood12

Was doing some gunsmith stuff in the cosmodrome last night and saw so many low grimoire/LL blueberries.

Thanks! He's LL 16 right now, so, ummm... we got a bit before we get there.

As my old construction sex offender co-workers used to say, "Sixteen'll getcha twenty."

the_id

What the hell.....the first firewall quest is up for me. I'm pretty sure I have only handed in 3 DVALIN fusion rifle parts. Talk about harsh RNG because I've been hunting the last one on Mars for a while now. Fuck this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom