• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we to do after Oryx challenge next week... 50 fragments must open up a whole new planet, Uranus

But really, I hope the weapon patch makes PvP a lot more fun. I'm dying for awesome pvp

This is from a few pages back, but man, I can't let it go:

Deej made a vague comment, "you can get up to 320 light gear from Sparrow Racing" or something like that... nobody knows exactly the details of what it means yet.

So, let's see:

Uh-huh.

made a vague comment

orly?

nobody knows exactly the details of what it means yet.

aHDWU67.gif

spyder_ur

Why are a few people suggesting IB might be out tomorrow? Bungie always gives notice on that, right?

Also, ban LT from all social media.

Falifax

Has IB ever been postponed because of another event? I'd say Iron Banner will continue as usual with SRL starting this week, next week IB so we also have a shootbang event, and 3rd week again solely just SRL so people can finish filling up their bingo cards.

Has IB ever been postponed because of another event? I'd say Iron Banner will continue as usual with SRL starting this week, next week IB so we also have a shootbang event, and 3rd week again solely just SRL so people can finish filling up their bingo cards.

IB doesn't have a solid schedule I don't think.

What makes you think one is scheduled for this week?

Last I heard someone said something about in coming back in December, but as of right now, there are still 4 Tuesday left in December for it to come back on.

Edit: Looks like they try to do it once a month, but they've missed two months of this year so far:

• 17th November (Most Recent)
  • 13th October (5 weeks Ago)
  • 25th August (7 Weeks before that)
  • 28th July (4 Weeks)
  • 30th June (4 Weeks)
  • 2nd June (4 Weeks)
  • 28th April (5 Weeks)
  • 17th March (6 Weeks)
  • 17th February (4 Weeks)
  • 13th January (5 Weeks)
  • 16th December (4 weeks)
  • 18th November (4 weeks)
  • 7th October (6 weeks)

Homeboyd

Wait what is this about a $10 record book? I uhh missed that too. #istandwithdestin

They're charging $10 to keep track of your stats in the spartan racing league? Is that all it is?

bobby-kotick.jpg

Falifax

Last I heard someone said something about in coming back in December, but as of right now, there are still 4 Tuesday left in December for it to come back on.

I'm saying next week.

I would love to have something like this for the Raids. One that doesn't cost $10.

CVn07O4WEAEram1.jpg:large

Like how many times you ran the Relic, how many times you were detected by the Gorgons. How many gorgons you'd killed. Fasted kill time for each boss. Times you'd been Swordbearer. Times that you'd been flawless through the jumping puzzles, etc.

It's a really cool concept. Making it cost $10 is shitty.

Having rewards tied to something that you can only get with real money is shitty.

I'm with you. I wish there were a summary screen that showed damage dealt to the various enemies, not just after you wipe at a given section.

Edit: Looks like they try to do it once a month, but they've missed two months of this year so far:

Deej mentioned at PSX that IB will be back in December, didn't say what week though.

Let's all pat each other's backs for being jerks on twitter. A guy takes an extra five minutes to vet information since he, like most of the world, isn't up to speed on every tidbit of Destiny news and gets called stupid and patronized for it. So cool.

LTWood12

Let's all pat each other's backs for being jerks on twitter. A guy takes an extra five minutes to vet information since he, like most of the world, isn't up to speed on every tidbit of Destiny news and gets called stupid and patronized for it. So cool.

If what he was actually doing was vetting, then sure. But he wasn't.

edit: I think I was entirely civil on twitter. I was an asshole in here.

Also, listen to the IGN Destiny podcast a couple of times and tell me if you still feel that way. The man acts like he is the sole Destiny authority.

Eh.. actually working in the Gaming Press and wanting to know if there was an Official Source before commenting in a super public format is probably the more intelligent thing to do, even if people get mad about it.

Is anyone doing any HM Oryx kills?

I'm always up for one more serving of disappointment.

If keeping checkpoints through the weekly reset still works you'll have to help me get the post-WP CP to one of my alts, that way we'll have Golgoroth for the challenge :D

God grinding planet material for exotic sword is so lame and not fun. Who thought this was a good idea?

A complete design failure. I only have one of three swords. So many decisions like that in Year Two. Things that are obviously designed to extend the grind. And not in fun ways.

You should read the timeline again.

I take everything I said back. He should have believed a random twitter user. And if not that, he should have believed Datto without being given time to watch the video. If only outlets would act with that kind of integrity, maybe we'd be spared the injustice of someone taking five minutes to assess the validity of a claim.

for 500 silver you can buy the Destination Scanner, which will increase the chance of rare material drop.

500? 100 more than the amount of free silver Bungie gave us, how convenient.

A complete design failure. I only have one of three swords. So many decisions like that in Year Two. Things that are obviously designed to extend the grind. And not in fun ways.

Yup I only have one right now, I got it moment the community learned how to get it. But after that first grind I've been avoiding doing the other. Now I just said screw it and started on the solar sword. I have 5 of the 10 rare solar material. . .screw this. This is similiar to the weapon guy in the tower requiring every class to get him to rank 3 for an exotic. I completed that on all my characters last week. . too much grinding.

Got the thermal and arc. I will not be going trough that torture again for void.

I'm grinding for solar and then I will grind for void and hopefully do the strike and complete it for both of them at the same time. Join me. .please.

LTWood12

I take everything I said back. He should have believed a random twitter user. And if not that, he should have believed Datto without being given time to watch the video. If only outlets would act with that kind of integrity, maybe we'd be spared the injustice of someone taking five minutes to assess the validity of a claim.

Ok Reign.

The point isn't that he should have believed a random twitter user. the 'are you serious' was that this was somehow new information for not just some random journalist, but someone who acts like an absolute ass on a Destiny podcast, and in the process frequently broadcasts incorrect information to listeners.

1:32 Datto isn't an official source.
1:35 Check out this super neat Datto video

It's a 12-minute video.

God grinding planet material for exotic sword is so lame and not fun. Who thought this was a good idea?

Tip: Pick up chests you find as well. All Materials and Chests share the same max amount that can be in 1 area.

So if you are running around only picking up mats, eventually they'll respawn as chests, and you'll start finding fewer and fewer items to loot in a zone.

Namikaze1

Sit back, pull out your laptop/iPad/tablet/etc, and listen to some tunes. That quest is the worst. I did it 3 times. I rather farm for the Husk for 12 hours again than do that quest a fourth time.

Expecting a journalist to do actual journalism, kappa

if i had a tip it'd be not to try and get all 10 in one session

do a run and get 3 then go do something else

come back 2 more times

its not fun but at least the reward is worth it

He tweeted the video of Datto detailing the microtransactions first. Then he sees a tweet about the details that were in that video and he says he can't find the source that was in the video he just tweeted. Broman just straight up denies it and says "looks like a trap."

That's why LT was understandably frustrated with them.

Then Destin just keeps going, saying Datto isn't Bungie, getting into NDA stuff, getting into where the video was actually recorded and who really captured it.

Instead of actually engaging with the question of, hey, Bungie is charging $10 for a record book for a limited time event, what's up with that?

Bah. Destiny is one of the games that's so complex and Bungie and the game itself explains so little that every week there's a new misunderstanding. Remember when the "No Kinghts" strategy was called cheating, on par with pulling the ethernet cable on Crota.

Namikaze1

I'll do that quest a fourth time if the reward is a sword with Wolf Pack rounds (don't ask) and the ability to switch between the three elemental damage types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom