• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i had a tip it'd be not to try and get all 10 in one session

do a run and get 3 then go do something else

come back 2 more times

its not fun but at least the reward is worth it

Yea I burnt out when I did my first exotic sword quest. I have 5 right now and I'm stopping (to wash dishes and cook). Will do a bit more later on.

Tip: Pick up chests you find as well. All Materials and Chests share the same max amount that can be in 1 area.

So if you are running around only picking up mats, eventually they'll respawn as chests, and you'll start finding fewer and fewer items to loot in a zone.

Thanks for the tip, will definitely pick those up. Right now I've been getting on helium and racing to another side of the planet to come back and keep on picking it up. I just hate when people are in my instance.

That's the whole point of planetary materials though: to be gathered up in large quantities for XYZ.

But there is no other way of getting it? Why can't I get planet material from engram drops on other planets besides the hive ship and why can't that also have a chance of the rare material?

I can definitely help later today.

I will try to have this done so I can do the strike by later today. And then I never have to think about this again.

Ryck

500? 100 more than the amount of free silver Bungie gave us, how convenient.

Yup I only have one right now, I got it moment the community learned how to get it. But after that first grind I've been avoiding doing the other. Now I just said screw it and started on the solar sword. I have 5 of the 10 rare solar material. . .screw this. This is similiar to the weapon guy in the tower requiring every class to get him to rank 3 for an exotic. I completed that on all my characters last week. . too much grinding.

I'm grinding for solar and then I will grind for void and hopefully do the strike and complete it for both of them at the same time. Join me. .please.
Next time you go to grab a material: hold the square button till the meter is almost full and then let go of it. Do that ten times and on the 11th time hold it all the way so that you grab the material. It will give you the solar whatever thingy. It tricks the game into thinking you picked up 10 filaments or whatever.

I discovered this on my own and id rather we kept it on the down low.

Thanks for the tip, will definitely pick those up. Right now I've been getting on helium and racing to another side of the planet to come back and keep on picking it up. I just hate when people are in my instance.

If you are familiar with some network manipulation, if you can get your NAT to a 3 (or High), you have a much higher chance of not finding randoms as you traverse the world.

Next time you go to grab a material: hold the square button till the meter is almost full and then let go of it. Do that ten times and on the 11th time hold it all the way so that you grab the material. It will give you the solar whatever thingy. It tricks the game into thinking you picked up 10 filaments or whatever.

Going to want a video of this.

No reason to keep it on the down low. Chances are it wouldn't be fixed until the next big patch, which at the going rate will be between late April and mid May.

Lnkn52

say what, and you've been keeping this to yourself?

Did Bungie confirm anywhere that the book is $10 and it's essential for playing the event?

Nope, hence why we shouldn't get that angry just yet. Until we know more it is silly just speculating, as when we have done that many times on DGAF we get unreasonably angry about something that turns out to be nothing. Just have to wait and see.

Did Bungie confirm anywhere that the book is $10 and it's essential for playing the event?

As far as Bungie confirming it, no. But Bungie itself hasn't shown any Tess stuff in their videos. But they had people capturing from PSX and doing videos. They were clear what stuff was placeholder, like armor stats, but no videos (and I've watched several) have said that Bungie told them Tess prices were placeholders. So I'd take it at face value, but with the knowledge that Bungie could change them if they wanted to.

As far as essential, no, it won't be. It's an incredible stats collection and very cool to the power user crowd, but the rewards are just a sparrow you can get otherwise.

I think people are like, $10 is a lot, especially for a limited time event, and also, wishing that Bungie could have this kind of really cool stats stuff just in the game by default as opposed to being a micro-transaction perk.

Ken

But there is no other way of getting it? Why can't I get planet material from engram drops on other planets besides the hive ship and why can't that also have a chance of the rare material?

Because normally other games have systems in place to encourage crazy people to gather tons of planetary materials that they can then trade or sell to other players who would rather not do said activity. But this is Destiny so everyone can go and become a gathering legend.

Also, that SRL book is just a Dota compendium, isn't it?

"New" exotics tomorrow?

do-a-barrel-roll-o.gif

I didn't want to make a video cause then it will be patched, just spreading it around like this.

By the time it'll be patched, it wont matter anymore. It'll be patched in the early spring, and at that point everyone is going to have the swords they want, or not care to ever get them.

Alternatively, it would force Bungie to recognize the quest is flawed, and change it. Just like how we got better engram drop rates after the loot cave ordeal.

Ryck

By the time it'll be patched, it wont matter anymore. It'll be patched in the early spring, and at that point everyone is going to have the swords they want, or not care to ever get them.

Alternatively, it would force Bungie to recognize the quest is flawed, and change it. Just like how we got better engram drop rates after the loot cave ordeal.
Yeah true.

I have one sword left to do, I doubt they will patch it before it finishes so feel free to spam this knowledge around the inter webs.

Is it possible that sidearms could actually become a thing? And could Plan C actually become useful in PvP again?

Sidearms? Not likely.

Fusion rifles have a chance at the meta again, though. It's going to depend on how consistent they are, though.

I'm predicting Snipers being the dominant secondary weapon, with Fusions actually holding down the second slot.

Basically, you're going to see a lot of people with ARs and Snipers, and then people with Scouts and Fusions.

Yeah true.

I have one sword left to do, I doubt they will patch it before it finishes so feel free to spam this knowledge around the inter webs.

I'm actually at this step for my void sword right now, so I'll test it a few times and maybe make a video if it seems consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom