• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that works, just make sure you account for error like I said 11-12 times just in case.

You're basically saying to hold down X until the circle gets to the "just before completion" point 12ish times, and completing the circle the last time will net you the rare material, right?

Just want to make sure I fully understand it so I can test properly.

Ryck

You're basically saying to hold down X until the circle gets to the "just before completion" point 12ish times, and completing the circle the last time will net you the rare material, right?

Just want to make sure I fully understand it so I can test properly.
Correct. ( it's square for me )

Daryl is doing it right now. He should be reporting in soon haha.

So I realized looking at Derek Carroll's bio (he helped make Shadowrun on 360) that we're essentially playing Shadowrun in the Crucible.

I mean, check it out this trailer for the flavor.

(This is actually one of my favorite game trailers).

In the trailer you'll see a tree that buffs people (a la Defender bubbles), swords, blink teleporting with the same hand animation, floofing about (sorry, warlocks, I mean gliding), resurrections, etc.

This is a good thing, btw. That game was criminally underrated and you can see how many of its ideas have made it into the mainstream.

GhaleonEB

So I realized looking at Derek Carroll's bio (he helped make Shadowrun on 360) that we're essentially playing Shadowrun in the Crucible.

I mean, check it out this trailer for the flavor.

(This is actually one of my favorite game trailers).

In the trailer you'll see a tree that buffs people, swords, blink teleporting with the same hand animation, floofing about (sorry, warlocks, I mean gliding), resurrections, etc.

And Sage, the sandbox lead for Destiny, was one of the combat designers on Shadowrun.

lt519

Sorry guys.

I will buy the book.

I can't hold my hands already.

image.php

Don't you turn your back on us

(;

Trakan

So I watched Datto's new vid and he confirms a lot of things.

Helmets and class items have light levels and are able to be infused. The other armor does not and cannot be infused. You start out getting your C license. Once you hit the highest license, the helmet and class item can drop up to 320.

The book does get you exclusive armor but it only looks different cosmetically.

The speed gates on the map get smaller the more you pickup, letting the casuals who miss have a chance to catch up to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgQ1doy9V2s

stay gold

I take it exotic leg engrams still aren't going to be a thing? Which means i'll have to go back to hoping for a raid/nightfall drop for the Bones/RDM (no blueprint) ;_;

So I watched Datto's new vid and he confirms a lot of things.

Helmets and class items have light levels and are able to be infused. The other armor does not and cannot be infused. You start out getting your C license. Once you hit the highest license, the helmet and class item can drop up to 320.

The book does get you exclusive armor but it only looks different cosmetically.

The speed gates on the map get smaller the more you pickup, letting the casuals who miss have a chance to catch up to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgQ1doy9V2s

That's actually really cool and interesting. It also means gates are client side, and that pushing players out of the way is not going to be super reliable. Because you might push them out of the range of the booster on your screen, but maybe not the booster on their screen.

I take it exotic leg engrams still aren't going to be a thing? Which means i'll have to go back to hoping for a raid/nightfall drop for the Bones/RDM (no blueprint) ;_;

Hard to say. We're getting 3 exotic boots with tomorrows patch, so it's possible. They might not do it until all 3 classes have a potential item, though.

Frenden

Banned
The material farming trick posted earlier didn't seem to work for me. I tried for about half an hour. Maybe I wasn't getting close to the timer enough, but I felt like I was shaving it as best I could.

Hard to say. We're getting 3 exotic boots with tomorrows patch, so it's possible. They might not do it until all 3 classes have a potential item, though.

Was this confirmed? I knew about the new (old) exotics in December but never heard anything about a confirmed date. Also if so why is it just legs and not the weapons?

Was this confirmed? I knew about the new (old) exotics in December but never heard anything about a confirmed date. Also if so why is it just legs and not the weapons?

Well, Sparrow racing goes live tomorrow, so I guess I'm just making an assumption. And it would be the weapons as well. Basically, everything they've been previewing this last month.

So then it's not confirmed that the actual weapon/subclass balance stuff is taking place tomorrow?

We know it's part of the next patch.

Basically, it depends on if the last patch had all the Sparrow Racing stuff included in it. If it did, then the event can go live without patching.

If it didn't, then obviously we need to download all those new sparrows, armors, and maps, to start the event which is posted as starting Dec 8th.

What leads me to believe the latter, is that the guys at DestinyTracker are pretty good at finding buried information, and they probably would have noticed all those sparrows in the files, as well as the 2 new maps.

Thus, we don't have the maps, thus the patch has to be tomorrow.

Let me make video unless KOR made one.
Haven't left work yet.

Trakan

Tomorrow (Friday, December 4th), we'll have a new preview article on the Updates portion of the blog. There, you’ll find Senior Design Lead Sage Merrill holding court and delivering developer commentary about what will befall every Titan next week. Expects stats and insights for each subclass.

Expect full Patch Notes for Update 2.1.0 to land alongside the update itself, early next week.

The update is "this week." Gotta be tomorrow.

GhaleonEB

Yeah, it's tomorrow. The update was slated for "early next week" (as of last week, per Traken's quote). Sparrow racing goes live as part of the update, which is tomorrow.

Though it says something about their communication with the community that we have to put pieces together to figure that out.

Nami I'm still good for 7-7:30pm your time for a run. If Todd is out maybe we can get someone else for a flawless attempt? If not it's cool. I'll always been down again for next weekend!

Not sure if this has been posted, but Bungie released a preview about the racing league tomorrow. It answers most of our questions, including what Tess will be selling.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14096

For all you Sparrow lovers out there, Amanda Holliday has always been your dealer. Sparrow Racing League will be her event. She'll grant access to all players of Destiny: The Taken King, who will earn rewards as they cross the finish line again and again:

Obtain your SRL Licence Quest and SRL Bounties
Earn a new Sparrow as part of the SRL Quest
Upgrade your reputation by completing SRL Bounties
Each Race is a chance to earn SRL gear and Shaders
The higher your reputation, the better the post-game drops
Helmets and Class Items can drop with up to 320 Light
Helmets and Class Items with Light can be used for Infusion
All other SRL gear has no Light, but features racing perks

The mission of the Eververse Trading Company is make the game of Destiny a little more fun, equipping you with more options for customization and creative expression. Sparrow Racing League will be no exception. Check in with Tess in the Tower to peruse the following:

New emotes to celebrate the thrill of speed and competition
ToolKits that include stylish (but equally fast) Sparrows
ToolKits that include Horns to let you signal your approach
A new Record Book to provide more challenge and reward
  • Complete challenges to earn vanity gear with 3 Light
  • Collect an exclusive emblem and a shader
  • Commemorate your SRL stats after the event is over
  • SRL Helmets and Class Items acquired via the Record Book can be Infused to immortalize your status as a racing champion!

If they keep this pace up then Destiny 2 will most certainly have to ditch the old consoles since there will just be too many emotes/shaders/emblems/sparrows/horns/masks for the PS360 RAM to handle.

When I first heard about "the book" it reminded me of Dota 2's Compendium, though to a non-dota-player like me it seemed one gets much more out of the Compendium compared to the Book of Sparrows.

SRL Helmets and Class Items acquired via the Record Book can be Infused to immortalize your status as a racing champion!

We know the coolest gear is behind Microtransactions, kappa

This is a big step, microtrans content is now offering loot that affects light levels, how soon before that becomes a norm for other "free" content?

Sure, we can get the same loot from playing the event, which is free. But I feel we're seeing a move towards the dark side over here.

GhaleonEB

Good to see everything from the book is indeed cosmetic, assuming the gear that can be infused from it have the same perks as the gear that drops from races. I still don't like the idea of it - everyone should get a book, and just be able to buy things that drop from the race if you want them - but it's still nowhere near what some had feared.

This is a big step, microtrans content is now offering loot that affects light levels, how soon before that becomes a norm for other "free" content?

Sure, we can get the same loot from playing the event, which is free. But I feel we're seeing a move towards the dark side over here.

I'd say as long as people keep shoveling out money for things like emotes and candy bags they will continue to push it until there is significant feedback. Which, with the way things have gone with destiny, will probably be never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom