• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a big step, microtrans content is now offering loot that affects light levels, how soon before that becomes a norm for other "free" content?

Sure, we can get the same loot from playing the event, which is free. But I feel we're seeing a move towards the dark side over here.

Yupp, this was the notion I got from talking to other people after I got to play the SRL build at PSX. I talked about this with Drizzly last night, I want Content not Events, and it just makes me depressed seeing them go down this hole of being a generic money pot game, which is damn shame.

FyreWulff

This is a big step, microtrans content is now offering loot that affects light levels, how soon before that becomes a norm for other "free" content?

Sure, we can get the same loot from playing the event, which is free. But I feel we're seeing a move towards the dark side over here.

It has 3 light.

It's the same as the "paid" gear that already existed in the game - the preorder exclusives all the way back to Vanilla and CE items - trash gear that you have to upgrade to usuable state with regular gameplay.

spyder_ur

Yupp, this was the notion I got from talking to other people after I got to play the SRL build at PSX. I talked about this with Drizzly last night, I want Content not Events, and it just makes me depressed seeing them go down this hole of being a generic money pot game, which is damn shame.

I'd actually be totally fine with basically everything they've done so far IF we had some idea of what real, non microtransaction-driven content we should be expecting.

Sadly, I have to say this is what my biggest fear was when I heard of the new plan.

That being said, definitely looking forward to messing around with the sparrows and to the new weapon balancing.

It sets precedent.

Like, what if they decided to release an 'alternate' raid set that you have to buy a 'Raiding book' for? It could be light level 3, have random perks, still it wouldn't be farfetched. I don't like the precedent it's setting. Racing Gear Today, Trials Gear tomorrow, Iron Banner Gear a month from now, raiding gear a year from now.

Slippery slope

People will buy this, they will want to do more 'compendium' types of MT's....

Namikaze1

Well I learn something new today. Idle long enough with Golgoroth out and the stone tablet will light up by itself, eventually leading to a wipe. Did not know that.

I'd actually be totally fine with basically everything they've done so far IF we had some idea of what real, non microtransaction-driven content we should be expecting.

Sadly, I have to say this is what my biggest fear was when I heard of the new plan.

That being said, definitely looking forward to messing around with the sparrows and to the new weapon balancing.

Yeah I am as well, with the weapon balancing. I have a feeling we won't get nothing but Events till Destiny 2, which really sucks.

FyreWulff

Well I learn something new today. Idle long enough with Golgoroth out and the stone tablet will light up by itself, eventually leading to a wipe. Did not know that.

You mean you can kill Golgoroth BEFORE he enrages?

Our clan has only killed him legit like once

Why are people acting like Sparrow Racing isn't content..?

Maybe it's not what you want, but it's a brand new activity in (it would seem at least partially) new environments.

I'm sorry, would 2-3 new five minute story missions where you go back and forth through the same environments, shooting the same enemies for the umpteenth time be more preferable?

LTWood12

OMG Lt on the twitter with Destin and Datto. Mehrmantrout dropping the bomb

Yowza

Hey I was nice!

Need to connect a 2011/2012 MacBook Pro up to a Non-Apple branded monitor. What's the best way to connect to it for image quality? MacBook Pro just has usb ports, what I think is a thunderbolt port, and another port with a flux capacitor looking symbol.

Monitor doesn't have an hdmi port. Help me GAF.

Namikaze1

You mean you can kill Golgoroth BEFORE he enrages?

Our clan has only killed him legit like once
He didn't enrage. Enrage timer never showed up on screen. I should know since I was busy looking at the screen taking some screen pics.

I have only seen him enraged once and that was in the blind normal run.

Ken

Yay, got my first sword. Didn't know how to farm hadium flakes but there was another NS running around so I just followed him. Infused to 288 but forgot you had to upgrade too to proceed zzz.

Might spend my reset times on Tuesdays taking stand-up comedy classes. Good idea DGAF or utter shitte?

From what I've heard stand up comedy is something you just have to do even if it means failing at times. It sounds like most classes are offered by people who aren't really in a position to teach stand up.

I'd say as long as people keep shoveling out money for things like emotes and candy bags they will continue to push it until there is significant feedback. Which, with the way things have gone with destiny, will probably be never.

Yup, I was afraid that quests set in the same areas would be deemed content, and that is what is happening. These limited time events are fine but can't be treated the same as actual content.

I doubt we'll see any real content until Feb next year.

It has 3 light.

It's the same as the "paid" gear that already existed in the game - the preorder exclusives all the way back to Vanilla and CE items - trash gear that you have to upgrade to usable state with regular gameplay.

Only that trash gear was not upgrade-able, but this one is. The CE ghost, TKK CE class items are all useless and can't be infused, and serve no purpose. These items are infusable. Sure, the perks on them may only be viable for sparrow racing, but they have gone down that road and who knows what's to come. That was my point.

It sets precedent.

Like, what if they decided to release an 'alternate' raid set that you have to buy a 'Raiding book' for? It could be light level 3, have random perks, still it wouldn't be farfetched. I don't like the precedent it's setting. Racing Gear Today, Trials Gear tomorrow, Iron Banner Gear a month from now, raiding gear a year from now.

Slippery slope

People will buy this, they will want to do more 'compendium' types of MT's....

Yeah, that is what I'm skeptical about. From cosmetic emotes to somewhat cosmetic sparrows to cosmetic gear that is infusable for gameplay, what's next?

Might spend my reset times on Tuesdays taking stand-up comedy classes. Good idea DGAF or utter shitte?

Comedy Classes only teaches you the technicalities of it, you either got comedy or you don't.

I can teach you all about comedy tho. 1000 silver per lesson.

Seriously tho, doing comedy is failing alot until you find things that are generally funny and your audience can relate to.

Namikaze1

Welp. Something is wrong with my game.

Accidentally killed myself with a rocket in G's place. Respawns and fucking Golgoroth is out. I was dead before I could get into cover.

Gonna test it out and see if it happens again.

Yup, I was afraid that quests set in the same areas would be deemed content, and that is what is happening. These limited time events are fine but can't be treated the same as actual content.

I don't think we will see anything until Q2 2016

Deku Tree

Not sure if this has been posted, but Bungie released a preview about the racing league tomorrow. It answers most of our questions, including what Tess will be selling.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14096

Wow last year everyone complained back and forth over and over about the lack of value in the $20 TDB package.

I get that this year SRL is free with MTs.

But $10 for a racing book that's good for one event is a terrible value compared to $20 for TDB.

Good thing we don't have to buy it.

Namikaze1

Fuck. Didn't work.

:(
It's the enrage timer most likely.

He didn't enrage. Enrage timer never showed up on screen. I should know since I was busy looking at the screen taking some screen pics.

I have only seen him enraged once and that was in the blind normal run.

I was idling for a little under 5 minutes. That definitely is not the enrage timer since it can take a few more minutes longer than that to kill him with the one gaze strat.

LTWood12

Hey I was nice!

Need to connect a 2011/2012 MacBook Pro up to a Non-Apple branded monitor. What's the best way to connect to it for image quality? MacBook Pro just has usb ports, what I think is a thunderbolt port, and another port with a flux capacitor looking symbol.

Monitor doesn't have an hdmi port. Help me GAF.

Can one of you kind souls help me?

Why are people acting like Sparrow Racing isn't content..?

Maybe it's not what you want, but it's a brand new activity in (it would seem at least partially) new environments.

I'm sorry, would 2-3 new five minute story missions where you go back and forth through the same environments, shooting the same enemies for the umpteenth time be more preferable?

TWO race tracks offered for a whopping 3 weeks. Most of the new fancy sparrows behind mictro transactions. This is fine for a limited time event or something that runs side by side with other activities, but it's not the same as dlc content.

How much can you race on 2 tracks for 3 weeks?

Afrocious

it's pretty difficult to relate to me. i get paid a bunch of money and i still think i'm getting screwed over

i'm the embodiment of first world problems

Namikaze1

LT is the man lol.

Also for DGAF that will be in the Division alpha make sure you check out the guide (it should be in your email and the link has been posted around). I hope I can team up with some of you guys, and totally not backstab Nami.
latest

I'm the one who does the backstabbing around here!

We won't see anything besides mini games and seasonal events until destiny 2.

TWO race tracks offered for a whopping 3 weeks. Most of the nee fancy sparrows behind mictro transactions. This is fine for a limited time event or something that runs side by side with other activities, but it's not the same as dlc content.

How much can you race on 2 tracks for 3 weeks?

We gonna learn in the next 3 weeks! :p

it's pretty difficult to relate to me. i get paid a bunch of money and i still think i'm getting screwed over

i'm the embodiment of first world problems

You probably are getting screwed over, but that's how everyone except CEOs feel. I bet I work harder than you and just as long and get paid less @_@ MERICA

Afrocious

You probably are getting screwed over, but that's how everyone except CEOs feel. I bet I work harder than you and just as long and get paid less @_@ MERICA

chances are you do

i make more money than most of my friends who have MAs and i'm the one who demands raises haha

phen0m24

Patch notes. My salt was directed at Destin and Broman for being totally clueless about something we've all been discussing for over a day. Two people at the event, and prominent members of the community.

I'm not salty about the content itself.
I'm just enjoying the exchange bud :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom