• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWO race tracks offered for a whopping 3 weeks. Most of the new fancy sparrows behind mictro transactions. This is fine for a limited time event or something that runs side by side with other activities, but it's not the same as dlc content.

How much can you race on 2 tracks for 3 weeks?

And that's the problem. People are expecting DLC content when Bungie's already said that we're not getting content drops akin to TDB/HoW.

Yes, it's a limited event, but really the 3 weeks is all anything will last before people start complaining that there's nothing to do and we need more content again.

The only thing that we're likely to get with "lasting" effect on endgame activities would be remixed versions of the remaining Y1 strikes, VoG, CE, and PoE.

What else can reasonably be done on the described scope of the live team? Maybe a new strike or two using mostly existing environments?

At least, as said, sparrow racing's a new activity. If it flops they'll move on to something else. If it's successful, we'll probably see it returning every now and then with new tracks etc.

Namikaze1

*reads thread where a bunch of jerks are going in on all who aren't doing the "right" thing in the thread*

*looks up and find Ape before him on the screen*

Don't scare me like that, Ape!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Can one of you kind souls help me?
Depending on what monitor you have, you'll need either a Mini DisplayPort/Thunderbolt to either VGA, DVI or HDMI adaptor. Also, with HDMI, you'll need to manually switch the audio over from the internal speakers to the TV/monitor (provided it has them) via System Pref --> Sound --> Output. If you're using HDMI the laptop should be able to detect the audio output of the TV/monitor and let you select it from the list that appears.

------------

Do we know if the Sparrow Racing is going to be available at rollover, or are we stuck with the usual 10am Bungie Time starting?

Got my goodies in the mail today.

WZbWYTH.jpg

Dinner is served

#HunterMasterRace

Jafku

Depending on what monitor you have, you'll need either a Mini DisplayPort/Thunderbolt to either VGA, DVI or HDMI adaptor. Also, with HDMI, you'll need to manually switch the audio over from the internal speakers to the TV/monitor (provided it has them) via System Pref --> Sound --> Output. If you're using HDMI the laptop should be able to detect the audio output of the TV/monitor and let you select it from the list that appears.

------------

Do we know if the Sparrow Racing is going to be available at rollover, or are we stuck with the usual 10am Bungie Time starting?
I'm betting Sparrow Racing is going to be available at 10 AM Bungie time

Anyone up for a Trials card?

I'd like to get to 5 wins and get the helmet. My last one rolled with DISC/STR, which is gross for Titans.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is a big step, microtrans content is now offering loot that affects light levels, how soon before that becomes a norm for other "free" content?
Unless I've missed something (wholly possible) describing the loot available through the event as something that "affects light levels" is slightly disingenuous.

I gather that they are cosmetic items that, being potentially infusable, don't effectively block you from ever using them when actually playing the game, the way the collector's edition items do (I would've absolutely preferred that they could be infused as well). Come to think of it, I see no reason the masks from Halloween shouldn't be infusable as well.

But in truth I really am not paying all that much attention, if there's another nefarious layer to this I will stand corrected.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Unless I've missed something (wholly possible) describing the loot available through the event as something that "affects light levels" is slightly disingenuous.

I gather that they are cosmetic items that, being potentially infusable, don't effectively block you from ever using them when actually playing the game, the way the collector's edition items do (I would've absolutely preferred that they could be infused as well). Come to think of it, I see no reason the masks from Halloween shouldn't be infusable as well.

But in truth I really am not paying all that much attention, if there's another nefarious layer to this I will stand corrected.
Having to pay 1000 Silver/US$10 for the Log Book is pretty fuckin' nefarious...

GhaleonEB

No, that appears to be it for the gear. The only part that bugs me about this is, those are the kind of stats that used to be on b.net. Now you have to pay to have them recorded. (Unless they actually add them to b.net, which I hope they do.)

darknil

So I have a WP CP (Hard). Is there any group forming for a last minute challenge mode?

I'm a bit of a noob in hard mode, but I'm 310LL

lt519

Ugh hate the fact that I'm going to have to rely on a true PUG for Golgoroth CM this weekend, jealous of all you resetters.

We're guessing Golgy is never lose the gaze right?

I think it'll be more sinister than that, because if it is you can still do the one pool method and just lose out on one DPSer. Juggle until he satisfies his hunger. They implied multiple pools so my guess is having to at least use multiple pools. Hard to tell but it certainly isn't just gaze juggling or its be easy and disappointing.

breezy's bubble vs oryx

or

figs w/ sword vs cursed thrall

oh the deaths i've seen

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Saturn. I watched Fusion Rifle beams glitter in the dark near Lord Zydrons Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to Bubble.​

Ryck

Privatize the video :)

I just tried it several times and it did not work at all.

I am not sure if this matters but the one time it worked I was on the moon. Some other guy in here said he got 3 out of 21 which is even better not sure if his was the moon as well. It for sure doesn't work on Mars. ( not sure if that even matters or if the one time it worked for me it was just a fluke).

I feel pretty dumb right now...

Also side note I am looking to run Kings Fall Raid on Normal Mode later with two buddies who have never run it before. ( one is pretty good the other might need to be carried a bit.)

I have a 317 Titan and I have plenty of experience running it.

Need 3 people to help me help them beat it.

anyone game?

1.Ryck
2. Friend
3. Friend

looking to run it at 8pm PST

shingi70

Banned
I just tried it several times and it did not work at all.

I am not sure if this matters but the one time it worked I was on the moon. Some other guy in here said he got 3 out of 21 which is even better not sure if his was the moon as well. It for sure doesn't work on Mars. ( not sure if that even matters or if the one time it worked for me it was just a fluke).

I feel pretty dumb right now...

Also side note I am looking to run Kings Fall Raid on Normal Mode later with two buddies who have never run it before. ( one is pretty good the other might need to be carried a bit.)

I have a 317 Titan and I have plenty of experience running it.

Need 3 people to help me help them beat it.

anyone game?

1.Ryck
2. Friend
3. Friend

looking to run it at 8pm PST

What system?

Namikaze1

For a moment I thought the HebrewHammer we were facing was the guy from The Tester. Checked my friend list to see if it was him since I have him on my list. It wasn't him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom