• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can feel that burnout is creeping up on me, the lack of any major announcements or future DLC has me really disappointed. Challenge mode, SRL and next iron banner with weekly trials can only last the hardcore for so long. I suspect people are already gradually leaving this game.
It has already begun.

GhaleonEB

People spent all that money on the masks and got nothing much out of it. Would have thought you would get a nice shader, emblem or something for actual money spent.

I got goofy masks I can wear while racing. The Oryx mask will look great. :p

Looking forward to seeing what unannounced / secret stuff is tucked into this update. I still get excited before Destiny updates.

Bungie has a few more chances before people just say F it and take a very long break until Destiny 2. Too many one step forward two steps back.

This is totally right, I've kinda felt that way since TDB honestly, they strung enough content together to keep us engaged and luckily trials was a hit and got us through to TTK. I feel like SRL is the classic example of listening to the community too much, they've gotta make better decisions on what they put resources into, if there's still some meaty content to be explored then SRL makes sense as a nice diversion every once and a while, maybe to pad out the gap between IBs or something. If this launched at the beginning of November it would have been fine, because I'd have assumed they'd have some actual content to put out a couple months following and many people still had a lot to do. Their player base will see a hit from this, perhaps not initially, but after the next banner this game is going to die down a lot unless they have some content primed for release.

I can feel that burnout is creeping up on me, the lack of any major announcements or future DLC has me really disappointed. Challenge mode, SRL and next iron banner with weekly trials can only last the hardcore for so long. I suspect people are already gradually leaving this game.

I am a bit surprised they didnt announce a proper DLC for early 2016 yet.

I expected TTK to get 1 proper DLC pack half way through the year to tide people over. I guess there is still time to announce that but if it doesnt get announced in the next 2 months it probably wont happen. After February or March will probably be when Destiny 2 marketing hype starts

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

My second character is level 15, I don't have a third one

I've got plenty to do, replaying old content woooooooo

Helps that I basically went Vanilla-->TTK so I never got burned out on old content constantly being done over and over.

Titan main, now doing Warlock. God this jump is awful how can anyone live with this

Hey, if you need another one, can you take me as well. first time last night we got 8 wins. But never been to mercury.

Change yer mind about Trials, Drizz?

Hey, sorry for the confusion. I checked online but there were no other helpers available currently so I didn't actually fire up any runs until right now. Probably only have time for this last run right now for the week unfortunately.

It's just hard to coordinate these things since I'm not good enough to get away with doing runs by myself. I know lots of people don't necessarily care about Mercury but speaking for myself (and most helpers I know) we generally have a flawless-or-bust attitude and feel real bad if that doesn't happen. Probably hard to explain except for people that play a lot of Trials but hopefully it makes sense.

I am sitting on a 5w 0l card right now, and I can't find anyone willing to go with me for the rest from my normal group(s) (I really just want the gold package lol). Anyway, available if I can get some awesome GAF carry. PSN: reeducator

edit: nm, found 2! Wish me luck GAF (I will lose)

Good luck! Hope it went well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
what's your guys' best rating in destinytracker? aka which category?

Mine is... average kill distance. Top 8%.

Don't ask me how or why

i expect them to reintroduce the old end game content into the progression starting in February with Vault of Glass. Then Crota in March, Prison of Elders in April and then at E3 they'll announce Destiny 2 along with new, additional content for Destiny 1 to tide players over until September.

Siaynoqq

Haven't done a nightfall in forever. Anyone interested?

Edit: Just realized reset is in 30 mins. What have I become
:(

If anyone interested after reset, let me know.

Weird so, the Warpriest checkpoint didn't save for me, Ruthless.

However I do have a golgoroth checkpoint in hard mode @_@

If anyone wants it CannedHeat is my PSN

Ken

what's your guys' best rating in destinytracker? aka which category?

Mine is... average kill distance. Top 8%.

Don't ask me how or why

Just looking at Crucible stats:

Kills Per Game Avg Top 6%
Score Per Game Avg Top 3%
Combat Rating Top 1%
Most Kills in One Game Top 10%
Best Game Score Top 3%

These all sound dumb lol.

Haven't done a nightfall in forever. Anyone interested?

Edit: Just realized reset is in 30 mins. What have I become
:(

If anyone interested after reset, let me know.

Remember not to do the Nightfall after reset until the patch drops as the new/old exotics will be in the loot table

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got my Mercury. Thanks Driz and Val. Fun games there. Getting good at shooting people from the air.

20 minutes to get Val to Mercury on one game.

Got my Mercury. Thanks Driz and Val. Fun games there. Getting good at shooting people from the air.

20 minutes to get Val to Mercury on one game.

one thing i've always liked about the game is that, while there is no concrete way to shoot in the air aside from a few perks, there are a few subtle tricks to pull it off consistently, or otherwise make the sniper behave like how it did in Halo.

the first is one you'll see twice here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2ugK0Ddnw#t=0m30s

If you tap ADS and shoot within the same split second, you can no scope with 100% accuracy. you can pull this off in the air, but i haven't found it to be as reliable as it is on the ground. note that this trick works with all of the semi automatic weapons in the game (the guy who first solod Skolas did it with Vision of Confluence)

the second is seen later in the video at 1:50. The very first bullet you fire as soon as you're scoped in goes exactly where you aim it. if you're jumping and ascending, it's almost dead accurate. if you're falling however, your shot will land somewhere above the reticle. you can effectively lead your shot this way by aiming downwards.

and i'm sure everyone here is familiar with the "take a knee perk" and how it lets you no scope with 100% accuracy when you crouch.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I sniped last guy. We thought end of round but apparently the fourth player on their team revived someone and then Val died from a ghost shooting his ass.

ghtyhht.gif

Thanks, Drizzay. I love you fools so much sometimes.

Haha happy to help dude, glad we got it done.

RNGsus smiled on my good karma and gave me the strike-exclusive Warlock helmet, so it worked out well for me too.

@siaynoqq: Personally I'm not gonna do the NFalls until the new patch hits since the new exotics will be added to the loot table.

Thanks, Drizzay. I love you fools so much sometimes.

Edit: Ruthless, Drizzay -- nightfall after reset?

Enjoy your 305 ghost :p

Will be doing reset raids; nightfall after patch.

RNGsus smiled on my good karma and gave me the strike-exclusive Warlock helmet, so it worked out well for me too.

13 nightfalls this week and not a single machine gun drop :(

Siaynoqq

@siaynoqq: Personally I'm not gonna do the NFalls until the new patch hits since the new exotics will be added to the loot table.

Well-deserved. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom