• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hey guys!
Recently i bought a PS4 and i really want to start playing Destiny which i can find for 10-15€ without the DLC. At first i thought that i wouldn't need the DLC right away as i will be low level and i won't have access to it, but then i read about all that content that moved to DLC from vanilla game and i got confused.
I fired the demo a couple hours ago and i was surprised when i found out that there was no low level gear for sale at the Tower. I thought that they were selling low level gear from the Taken King but there was only 40 level gear on sale.

So my question is:
Should i buy vanilla game for 15€ and buy the rest later while on sale, or should i get The Taken King right away? Keep in mind that i am not interested in using that 25 level start, as i want to experience the whole game. I am also pretty tight on money.

Thanks in advance!

P.S: StratosGK is my PSN, feel free to add me!
Are you buying the game physically? If you're buying the TTK disc gives you the base game + all the DLC, and it's better value overall. Also it'd mean you'd qualify for the Refer A Friend promo that's going on that gets yourself and whoever "refers" you extra loot, as long as you're playing Destiny for the first time, bought TTK, and register for the RAF program within the first 7 days of connecting to the game.

I could show you the ropes once you buy the game, if you want. PSN: Kurt-Niisan

Did a new earth mission pop up for anyone else after the reset? Went down the bunker, killed an ulta knight and got a weird thing in my inventory that needs a passcode put in.

Anyone know what's up with that?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Did a new earth mission pop up for anyone else after the reset? Went down the bunker, killed an ulta knight and got a weird thing in my inventory that needs a passcode put in.

Anyone know what's up with that?
If you're talking about the enemies in Rasputin's bunker, you've started the quest for the Sleeper Simulant Exotic weapon :)

My personal theory is that you have to 'sate' Golgos hunger in order to end the gaze phase, you can't let him not get it-it has to be sated.

Embearded

Are you buying the game physically? If you're buying the TTK disc gives you the base game + all the DLC, and it's better value overall. Also it'd mean you'd qualify for the Refer A Friend promo that's going on that gets yourself and whoever "refers" you extra loot, as long as you're playing Destiny for the first time, bought TTK, and register for the RAF program within the first 7 days of connecting to the game.

I could show you the ropes once you buy the game, if you want. PSN: Kurt-Niisan

I can get the physical vanilla game for 15€ or the TKK for 58€. But i could also get the physical vanilla for 15€ just to start playing and get the TKK with the previous 2 expansions digital for 40€ when the time comes for me to enter the new areas and use the DLC gear. That would be cheaper overall and i can start right now with less money. What troubles me, is the articles i've read which describe the vanilla game as unplayable due to content being moved to DLC.

I've added you on PSN. I am an EU player.

We killed the sisters and oryx on the first try. Like extremelly easy. We are now gonna go back and try the challenge.

We need one cause Glam had to leave. Anyone up for golgy challenge?

Jinjo

It's 320 gauntlets, chest, or boots. Not just chest.

Edit: never mind ethomaz is right. Just chest. Us to be a bug.

Wait chest? That's the only fucking thing I don't need @ 320 ugh. Why? You could get heavy or secondary @ 320 last week depending on RNG.

Wait so should't you just still be able to do one gaze? You just need to drop all the orbs, grab the gaze and than rise and repeat?

Edit: Finally got home, anyone have a spot left?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lol

The Nightfall is fucking Shield Brothers

AGAIN

BUNGIE WHY

there are seemingly 3 strikes in the vanguard playlist and only 3 strikes from which to pick nightfalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom