• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

Yes, I agree, but let's not have rose-tinted glasses when it came to Year 1.

People want more substantial content, myself included. But let's not kid ourselves that the stuff that got shipped Year 1 was only good in comparison with vanilla. It wasn't up to our standards or Bungie's.

Year 1 may not have had microtransactions, but it was trying in its own way.

This. So much.

Trials aside, year 1 expansions were terrible.

Festival for free, didnt have to cost me a dime (or quid, being British and our taxes), I played it for 1 day. Sparrio Kart (probably) wont cost me anything.

I don't want a token effort for £20.

The biggest disappointment in TKK for me is stuff in the game that effectively is pointless being there:

Skolas, CE, VoG, TDB and CE crucibal maps

New CE sized content isn't going to fix that, may make more stuff obsolete and make us relevel gear we already own.

We all want more content, more raids and the more people working on 2 the better.

I would say 2 not only needs new content, but it needs to make use of content that already exists.

Number45

I'd gladly run old content again, but then I missed a good chunk of this year so didn't see that old content in the first place. While the method of delivery hasn't been great (arbitrary wait phases) I'd be happy if good/interesting exotics required materials only obtainable from older raid content.

My secret hope for today is that more exotics show up than just the ones shown in Instagram.

But I've been hurt before.

tumblr_mb0zrd7O4d1r1mbapo1_500.gif

Trakan

Ehhh... Yes and no.

If you made a list of everything in this game that currently has little to no purpose/use, you'd find yourself with a larger list than you'd expect.

We have 5 strikes that aren't in use at all.
We have 2 raids.
We have 1 Arena (with 6 major variations).
We have 3 PvP maps that are highly underused.
We have X exotics weapons/armor that don't have Year 2 versions.

On top of all that, we have a new PvP Gametype in the code of the game that hasn't been officially commented on yet called Armament.

If the Strikes, Raids, and Arena would all be tuned up, they could easily hold me over until year 3.

If huge tweaks were made, I'd agree with you. I have no interest in playing Y1 content for another year for the same rewards with updated light levels. If they actually brought out new armor/weapons, sure. Y1 exotics should have been in the game from the start of Y2, not held back for content droughts. Old strikes mean nothing to me due to the current state of the Nightfall. If it went back to the way Y1 Nightfalls were I could have some fun with them again.

Ehhh... Yes and no.

If you made a list of everything in this game that currently has little to no purpose/use, you'd find yourself with a larger list than you'd expect.

We have 5 strikes that aren't in use at all.
We have 2 raids.
We have 1 Arena (with 6 major variations).
We have 3 PvP maps that are highly underused.
We have X exotics weapons/armor that don't have Year 2 versions.

If the Strikes, Raids, and Arena would all be tuned up, they could easily hold me over until year 3.

and these are what we'll get in year 2 as drip content

they said old exotics are going away..
we had multiples of many exotics, now useless since we couldn't upgrade them.
only to have to grind them out again, and level them up from scratch at the newer light level.

LTWood12

Crota's End was bad in the sense of cheeses, Hard Mode, etc. But at the very least, the gear from it was still pretty rad. All the primaries are good. Abyss Defiant suffered because of the overall auto-rifle nerf, but the gun itself is cool. All three of the special weapons were fantastic, Black Hammer especially, but swordbreaker was awesome post-100% shotgun pve damage buff; and people STILL use Light of the Abyss in the crucible. Song of Ir Yut was meh, but Hunger of Crota was a great PvE rocket launcher to use when you wanted to use an exotic besides gjallarhorn.

The vendor stuff was rad too. February Iron Banner gave us the outlaw/firefly Gheleon's Demise. Things like Saterienne Rapier, LDR-5001, Badger, and the NM shotgun to name a few. All rad weapons.

Crota's End was bad in the sense of cheeses, Hard Mode, etc. But at the very least, the gear from it was still pretty rad. All the primaries are good. Abyss Defiant suffered because of the overall auto-rifle nerf, but the gun itself is cool. All three of the special weapons were fantastic, Black Hammer especially, but swordbreaker was awesome post-100% shotgun pve damage buff; and people STILL use Light of the Abyss in the crucible. Song of Ir Yut was meh, but Hunger of Crota was a great PvE rocket launcher to use when you wanted to use an exotic besides gjallarhorn.

The vendor stuff was rad too. February Iron Banner gave us the outlaw/firefly Gheleon's Demise. Things like Saterienne Rapier, LDR-5001, Badger, and the NM shotgun to name a few. All rad weapons.

I agree. It wasnt bad. In retrospect i liked it alot more than HoW 3 man activities.

Just to confirm, you can do the one orb strat on CM this week but with a different gazer. Correct? Or am I wrong?

Nah, you can use the one orb strat but all 6 people have to grab the gaze each cycle. The same person could hold the gaze during the damage orb each cycle though.

You can do the one damage orb then have the rest of the team just pass the gaze around. Last guy just has the shoot all the venom orbs until the 20 seconds are up. Then the next cycle will start, a wave of adds will spawn etc. Rinse and repeat.

Hey guys! Stopping in to say hey! Have taken a break from Destiny, and have no clue when I'll be back :D Anything new? Besides the sparrow races...HYPE!

Year 1 > Year 2 because shaders would change the color of my class item.

Neon green is ridiculous, Bungie.

And I could wear whatever Class Item I wanted instead of having to use the Raid one all the time.

Afrocious

I'd probably say the same thing if I were Zoba.

Also just checked out the Golgoroth strat. Bungie should hire me to help with raids or something because they don't know what a challenge is.

Normal Golgoroth loot table at 320 is confirmed I think, I assume it'll be the same for all of them.

So Oryx is 320 light shards?

Salt aside, I'm looking forward to trying a lot out. I want to try my Ironwreath-D, and I have two Darkblade's Smites. MIDA will be first, though. I may even play around with guns I didn't use Year 1 like TLW and even NLB.

GlamFM

Banned
His agressiveness was completely warranted too given that was the 3rd time that guy accused him of trying to garner sympathy so other people could buy ps+ for him. Meh

Did not follow the entire convo, just went a few pages back and this post stood out as the one that probably got him.

He will be back.

Also I have a feeling we will get even more Y1 exotics in a few months.

Ugh. Whats the point of microtransactions to fun the live team if shitty things like MT filled sparrow races are what is funded? Give me back shitty expansions that atleast have content.

LTWood12

Most likely an attention seeking self ban. Its hard to believe people would get banned for one slightly offensive comment.

I think something like this post is much more offensive than 'shove x up your x.'

I got banned for a full house .gif. No doubt Zoba got banned for that post.

Fusion Rifles I'm excited to try out tonight:

Darkblade's Smite (slowest charge rate)
  • Danger Close, Hand-Laid Stock, Hot Swap
  • Hidden Hand, Injection Mold, Hot Swap
Long Far Gone (fastest charge rate)
  • Hidden Hand, Braced Frame, Grenadier
Each of those has 2/3 of a God Roll. Gonna see which one feels best.

And as a reminder, the Iron Banner Ironwreath-D sidearm had the following perks:
1. Zen Moment
2. Hot Swap
3. Snap shot, Quickdraw, Reinforced Barrel

If any gun/roll can make sidearms good, it'll be this one.

What gif? Post it again.

He's trying to get you banned again! Don't listen to him!

2bd09248db2942a405222c426b6fb8d358242993b701616caff6e3ab15ba8470.jpg

That EuroGamer just made me accept that when I get my characters to 320 light (just for shits and giggles) that I'm dropping this game.

to anyone doing golgoroth: has anyone done it by having the 6 stay up top, grabbing gazes, then have your dedicated gaze grabber take it last and the rest jump in the pit to DPS like normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom