• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are obviously aware of the 1 bubble strategy (you know they don't work in a vacuum), so why design a challenge where the 1 bubble strat still works? If its a cheese, then they should stop it from happening. I think it's fair enough to be disappointed if you were looking forward to challenge mode really mixing things up, yet your normal strategies are still legitimate.

You can do the 6 gazer 6 orb strategy, which is how people first completed the challenge. I just don't understand the concept of deliberately taking the path of least resistance and then complaining it's too easy. It's asking quite a bit of Bungie to play-test and address all possible workarounds.

Dan Miller said he was working on something that he was excited about last month (not a Raid or PvP). It's possible it was this because the race tracks would technically require "world designers" to put together, but it's also possible it is something else entirely.

There's a good chance they'll do an event for the end of the year, and again for April Fool's Day. Other than those, it's safe to assume at this point that there will be no new content akin to TDB or HOW - at least, we should assume thus for no other reason than to keep expectations in check. I do hope one of those "surprises" is something substantial though.

I saw that Reddit post too. But Perfect Balance would be very helpful during ADS, which today will become more usable again. So I'd be interesting to see which wins out as more overall effective.

Yea that's what I thought, but if the range is really getting gimped by PB, then it'll only help to switch. Range has been the most important stat since TTK launched, especially for Hand Cannons.

darknil

So today is a holiday in Colombia so that's why I'm posting at this hour.

What is the challenge today with Golgi?

Any group needing 1 to run it? If yes, I can do but now.

Psn: juanbumo

noomi

Can a gazer repeat after all 6 have done it?

Exactly as we expected lol

Yup, not in the least bit surprised about it either. Kings Fall will be the only raid in year 2, and we will continue to get these little special events here and there to keep people busy.

For me though? Not salty about it, not upset... I just don't really care anymore... or at least not as much as I used to. These small events are not enough for me to justify playing Destiny as much as I did in the past year, and I will likely shelve Destiny completely until Destiny 2 (or whatever it ends up being).

Honestly guys, I'm probably just going to finish these raid challenges and then completely move on to other games
(The Division)

Amazing.

Just to be clear...

Do single as normal. Before the timer runs out, everyone jumps out, and the renaming 5 players pass the gaze back and forth. Do you need to drop the other orbs at all?

Hmm no need to get out before timer runs out, remember theres a guy who needs to get out because of the green thingy he gets, he should be the next to grab gaze while the rest continue to shoot til the first gaze timer runs out. And then everyone starts to get gaze,should be 4 who were in the pool still shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IFKWxs11a8.
At 1:57 notice who grabs the gaze next.

Nope. Our group did two orbs per gaze.

Don't need to drop other orbs at all with the one pool challenge strat.

Hmm no need to get out before timer runs out, remember theres a guy who needs to get out because of the green thingy he gets, he should be the next to grab gaze while the rest continue to shoot til the pool runs out. And then everyone starts to get gaze,should be 4 who were in the pool still shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IFKWxs11a8

Thanks for the clarification. Single gaze as normal and then everyone needs to grab the gaze before you start again. Got it. Should be simple enough tonight.

Edit: A detailed post from Reddit for everyone:

"For the challenge, this strategy is still 100% viable, but what changes is that each player must hold the gaze before the team fails to "capture the gaze". This means, that whoever is holding the gaze cannot let the timer hit 0 unless everyone has held it.

To do so, use the normal strategy of one 'Gazer', and have everyone damage the boss. Nominate a player to take the gaze second, and when the first 'Gazer' sees their timer hit 5 seconds, call it out and have the second 'Gazer' run from the damage pool and shoot Golgoroth in the back critical spot, to take the gaze.

At this point, all players leave the pit, and must each take the gaze once, by shooting Golgoroth in the back critical spot. Once all players have held the gaze, the final person to hold the gaze can let the timer run to zero, at which the "you have failed to capture the gaze" message will appear.

That is all for phase one, adds will spawn again, rinse and repeat the above steps.

Depending on the amount of damage you do in each orb, you will most likely do 2-3 damage rotations. Every player must hold the gaze during each damage phase unless Golgoroth dies in that damage phase."

Link here https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vwpuc/weekly_challenge_mode_discussion_megathread/

Namikaze1

Fist of Eight Moon artifact got. My life is complete.

So far got 320 boots on my warlock and 320 gloves on my hunter. Just need 320 chest on my Titan to now so that she could have everything but the helmet, class item, and primary weapon at 320.

Fist of Eight Moon artifact got. My life is complete.

So far got 320 boots on my warlock and 320 gloves on my hunter. Just need 320 chest on my Titan to now so that she could have everything but the helmet, class item, and primary weapon at 320.

And you can get two of those three remaining things from SRL at 320 and then the weapon hopefully from Oryx next week.

Wow there's a cheese already.SMH

Isn't a cheese, is the exact same strat as HM with a slight adjustment which fits within the criteria set by Bungie that the challenge requires you to 'defeat it in a very specific manner.'

AngerdX

Yupp was fun and fairly painless, my alt hit 317 and got full raid set, good day sofar i guess, now to do 2 full HM raids more. :)

Namikaze1

And you can get two of those three remaining things from SRL at 320 and then the weapon hopefully from Oryx next week.

Isn't a cheese, is the exact same strat as HM with a slight adjustment which fits within the criteria set by Bungie that the challenge requires you to 'defeat it in a very specific manner.'
I don't know if I'll even bother with the racing thing. I wanna get my main to 320 first. My alts are in a good place right now. Hunter is at 316 but can be 317 if I give her a 315+ primary weapon (which I should since I have 3 weapons above 317). Warlock is 315 but fuck my warlock. Don't care about her.

So, knowing what we know about these special events, I can honestly say I'm disappointed. I would much rather have the live team working on small content drops like TDB and HoW than events centered around microtransactions. Yes, it's all cosmetic, and you don't need to buy in, but that's what they want.

It's a shame they make more money selling emotes than selling expansions. The future!

I don't know if I'll even bother with the racing thing. I wanna get my main to 320 first. My alts are in a good place right now. Hunter is at 316 but can be 317 if I give her a 315+ primary weapon (which I should since I have 3 weapons above 317). Warlock is 315 but fuck my warlock. Don't care about her.

Nami, stop breaking my heart ;_;

Even though I went Titan for out Mercury run last night lol

Edit: TWO POSTS IN A ROW FAIL. Ape needs to get back to work now.

Strider

I'm here because I gotta know...

Does one pool work for Golgoroth challenge?

I predicted that strat would be dead with HM. I was wrong... Am I still wrong? lol

Namikaze1

Nami, stop breaking my heart ;_;

Even though I went Titan for out Mercury run last night lol

Edit: TWO POSTS IN A ROW FAIL. Ape needs to get back to work now.
Speaking of trials, that sweet new 317 AR I got yesterday is so damn good. With PRs nerf, I could see it being my main ToO weapon.

Thanks for the clarification. Single gaze as normal and then everyone needs to grab the gaze before you start again. Got it. Should be simple enough tonight.

"For the challenge, this strategy is still 100% viable, but what changes is that each player must hold the gaze before the team fails to "capture the gaze". This means, that whoever is holding the gaze cannot let the timer hit 0 unless everyone has held it.

To do so, use the normal strategy of one 'Gazer', and have everyone damage the boss. Nominate a player to take the gaze second, and when the first 'Gazer' sees their timer hit 5 seconds, call it out and have the second 'Gazer' run from the damage pool and shoot Golgoroth in the back critical spot, to take the gaze.

At this point, all players leave the pit, and must each take the gaze once, by shooting Golgoroth in the back critical spot. Once all players have held the gaze, the final person to hold the gaze can let the timer run to zero, at which the "you have failed to capture the gaze" message will appear.

That is all for phase one, adds will spawn again, rinse and repeat the above steps.

Depending on the amount of damage you do in each orb, you will most likely do 2-3 damage rotations. Every player must hold the gaze during each damage phase unless Golgoroth dies in that damage phase."

Link here https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vwpuc/weekly_challenge_mode_discussion_megathread/

Every player must hold the gaze during each damage phase unless Golgoroth dies in that damage phase.

Is this true? Another post here has conflicting info- that after the first round and everyone has held it, you can go back to your single gaze holder strategy since everyone has held the gaze.

Shiv47

I predicted that strat would be dead with HM. I was wrong... Am I still wrong? lol

Looks like it, according to posts above. People just have to start trading the gaze before the first gazer's timer runs out.

Namikaze1

Still works but just a bit differently:

Speaking of trials, that sweet new 317 AR I got yesterday is so damn good. With PRs nerf, I could see it being my main ToO weapon.

Nice! I'm super jealous. I got one at 313 a few weeks back. It has Persistance, Braced Frame, and Rodeo. That counter balance must make it a laser beam. Hopefully the weapons balance patch is good. I'm looking forward to using some new weapons in Trials this weekend.

E92 M3

Every player must hold the gaze during each damage phase unless Golgoroth dies in that damage phase.

Is this true? Another post here has conflicting info- that after the first round and everyone has held it, you can go back to your single gaze holder strategy since everyone has held the gaze.

Yeah there is some conflicting information.

1st cycle everyone must hold gaze once each.

2nd cycle our dps was always good enough to kill him in the first or second bubble, so second cycle doesn't matter unless you're doing all 6 orbs.

As I read it, everyone must grab the gaze before it ever reaches 0 on any one person. There's a video posted a few posts up that shows it being done by GiggleMonster.

Just did three runs for boots and 2 chests.

That reddit post is spot on for the strat. 1 orb strat remains as OP as ever which is cool.

The problem with the challenge mode is that it isn't an on/off switch so they can't change enemy spawns or much beyond a check of how many people took gaze or what have you. So Oryx is just going to be a new runner every time, not much else they can check for, maybe being on a different platform every time as well, blow up a different bomb.

just found out about the $10 racing stat book lmfao who the fuck's gonna buy that

Tons of people actually. There are people who bought every single emote. Those people.

You should be glad though since it supposedly benefits all of us in some way. Bungie works in mysterious ways.

just found out about the $10 racing stat book lmfao who the fuck's gonna buy that

A few people on here already said they would.

There's a shader and emblem. They're going to make bank again.

Edit: And for the record, people can do whatever they want with their money, that's fine. Personally, I'd rather buy small chunks of new content then just cosmetic stuff for "events"

lt519

I think it'll be more sinister than that, because if it is you can still do the one pool method and just lose out on one DPSer. Juggle until he satisfies his hunger. They implied multiple pools so my guess is having to at least use multiple pools. Hard to tell but it certainly isn't just gaze juggling or its be easy and disappointing.

Whelp sounds like this is a joke again, called it last night that it'd be super easy if it only included gaze juggling. I'll still do it but I'm extremely disappointed that they didn't come up with something better.

Pretty much guarantees different runner each time for Oryx. They aren't changing mechanics so it won't be a random runner. I'm guessing they aren't changing mechanics because it still falls in place with the full raid. I'd rather you enter a different mission for the challenge so they could at least mix up the mechanics.

E92 M3

Please Bungie

tr9.jpg

393973-jetmoto_willpower_course.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom