• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
to anyone doing golgoroth: has anyone done it by having the 6 stay up top, grabbing gazes, then have your dedicated gaze grabber take it last and the rest jump in the pit to DPS like normal?

thats bad, because you would have to deal with ads up top then drop down. Compared to do damage get out and then worry about the enemies.

LTWood12

It wasnt the gif lt. It was the context

of course it was in the context.

anigif_original-grid-image-26380-1381836269-5.gif

how secure is it, doe? :/

I heard Daesh uses it
*Kappa

Fucking sparrow races. Nobody asked for that. Ugh.

On the plus side maybe its a idea of what the Bungie thought process is and in a year or two we might actually get some kind of gameplay to do with our ships.

I wouldnt mind a weird dog fight mode.

Respawning ships probably doesnt fit in the lore but whatever. Neither does the defenders of earth taking some time off to go racing.

EL CUCO

Also I have a feeling we will get even more Y1 exotics in a few months.

Ugh. Whats the point of microtransactions to fun the live team if shitty things like MT filled sparrow races are what is funded? Give me back shitty expansions that atleast have content.
This is basically where I'm at with it.
SGA: Any issues among members of DGAF should be handled in the Crucible.
Sure. Lets load up a custom kappa match

LTWood12

On the plus side maybe its a idea of what the Bungie thought process is and in a year or two we might actually get some kind of gameplay to do with our ships.

I wouldnt mind a weird dog fight mode.

Respawning ships probably doesnt fit in the lore but whatever. Neither does the defenders of earth taking some time off to go racing.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Sparrow racing is built on an existing gameplay system. We use our sparrows all the time.

Fucking sparrow races. Nobody asked for that. Ugh.

Are you serious?

It was asked for like crazy a year ago.

Like, it would be on the front page of Reddit almost every day for several months.

If you don't care for it, that's fine, just say that. But don't pretend it wasn't one of the most demanded activities from the community of Year 1.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Sparrow racing is built on an existing gameplay system. We use our sparrows all the time.

Yeah, and Destiny is built off of Halo:Reach's engine, which already has the framework for space combat, so it wouldn't be that far fetched.

there are ads up top before you get taken spawning in?

Sorry, i remembered enemies only spawn once you go down by Golgoroth. So, yea that strategy seems like an easy way to avoid having to deal with ads and getting gaze at the same time after the DPS phases.

Edit: wait so curse spawn after dropping the orb down? i thought they only spawned once someone went down to golgoroth

Cruxist

Really hope the 300+ helmets from the racing event aren't arduous to get. My PS4 titan is still rocking a 295 Saint-14 and I'd really like to get him something better.

Mindlog

The big fear is that these low effort events generate a higher RoI than anything else.
No offense to the team involved as I am certain they put in a lot of work, but compare the live team's size to what the "expansion" packs had going for them.
Sorry, i remembered enemies only spawn once you go down by Golgoroth. So, yea that strategy seems like an easy way to avoid having to deal with ads and getting gaze at the same time after the DPS phases.

Edit: wait so curse spawn after dropping the orb down? i thought they only spawned once someone went down to golgoroth
AFAIK the add triggers are:
The second time someone grabs Golgy's gaze (thralls.)
Failing to grab Golgy's gaze (thralls.) This is also when the orbs respawn and the top side adds respawn.

You never know what could happen in Destiny 2 when they really try and win the people back who left after they first played the game and got burned.

I think vehicles are something missing in Destiny. They where a huge part of Halo combat variety and it leaves a bit of a hole.

I can see tanks, small, limited use aircraft like the banshee and some kind of multi person vehicle in the proper sequel.

Afrocious

My sides hurt from laughing at the thought of just because something like racing was apparently asked for back in year 1, which I don't recall at all aside from bored conversations with folks who were farming, that the addition of such a racing event is a good thing considering it both sidesteps the present issues of the game and poorly attempts to assuage negative feedback in the form of a distraction.

Can we please stop posting about Twilight's ban, etc? This started with negative posts about other posters so it's not going to be helped with more of the same. I know the game is super slow now but the last thing I want to read is an OT full of people insulting each other. Let's focus more on:

-LFG, sherpa derp to help other posters
-talking about the game, answer questions to be helpful
-saying nice things about each other

If somebody here bothers you, put them on the ignore list or at the very least refrain from posting insults. If you absolutely have to personally insult someone, send a PM but keep it off the board. Just my 2 cents, as always. Send a PM if you hate this post and/or me.

Namikaze1

You all want a year 2 Gjallarhorn? That'll be $20*. Yep, that's right. You're paying for this. We ain't giving it to you for free.

*you're just paying $20 to add a year 2 version to the loot table. You still have to beg at the altar of RNGesus for that to drop. Oh and by the way, the chances of getting one to drop are astronomically low.

You never know what could happen in Destiny 2 when they really try and win the people back who left after they first played the game and got burned.

I think vehicles are something missing in Destiny. They where a huge part of Halo combat variety and it leaves a bit of a hole.

I can see tanks, small, limited use aircraft like the banshee and some kind of multi person vehicle in the proper sequel.

Vehicles in Destiny feel like an obligation more than a creative idea. Like, Bungie put them there because they felt like they had to.

The Interceptor never should have been nerfed from the Beta.

You all want a year 2 Gjallarhorn? That'll be $20*. Yep, that's right. You're paying for this. We ain't giving it to you for free.

*you're just paying $20 to add a year 2 version to the loot table. You still have to beg at the altar of RNGesus for that to drop. Oh and by the way, the chances of getting one to drop are astronomically low.

Destiny 2 will be about the return of the Gjallahorn.

My sides hurt from laughing at the thought of just because something like racing was apparently asked for back in year 1, which I don't recall at all aside from bored conversations with folks who were farming, that the addition of such a racing event is a good thing considering it both sidesteps the present issues of the game and poorly attempts to assuage negative feedback in the form of a distraction.

It was definitely talked about and requested quite a bit and I think it's disingenous to say that it was added as a distraction. Way more likely that it was being worked on for awhile.

Number45

Can we please stop posting about Twilight's ban, etc? This started with negative posts about other posters so it's not going to be helped with more of the same. I know the game is super slow now but the last thing I want to read is an OT full of people insulting each other. Let's focus more on:

If somebody here bothers you, put them on the ignore list or at the very least refrain from posting insults. If you absolutely have to personally insult someone, send a PM but keep it off the board. Just my 2 cents, as always. Send a PM if you hate this post and/or me.
o/

Also, everybody sherpa me the next time the BS mission comes around.

Deku Tree

Agree 100%.
Plz everyone don't send me a I hate you and your post PM though, just ignore me. Can't deal with those kinds of PMs.

Eurogamer said:
The live team is charged with maintaining the game and keeping players happy, feeding them new content and surprising them with things they didn't expect.

I didn't expect to get fucking nothing as far as substantial content goes, so I guess you could say the're doing their job.

jschreier

I never doubted you. Anymore dirt you can dish on them?
I recently heard about a feature that was cut from Taken King and might make for a really cool "event" next year (if they bring it back), but I don't want to report on it until I can second-source and confirm that it's 100% true.

I am excited to see stuff like the European Dead Zone and Pyramidion (Mars).

I recently heard about a feature that was cut from Taken King and might make for a really cool "event" next year (if they bring it back), but I don't want to report on it until I can second-source and confirm that it's 100% true.

Do you know anything about the Armament PvP game mode? Other than whats already out there?

Also, what the crap is the Pyramidion?

Is it considered reporting if you post it here? You can trust us.

hiryu

Any hard raids starting soon? I haven't played for about a month and I never got to kill hard mode oryx before I stopped.

Deku Tree

I always believed you, and told people about it.

You heard anything about "old Chicago"?

LTWood12

Any word on if they're ever going to update vendor inventories in the tower? At the very least it seems like they'd refresh it 2 or 3 times.

Vehicles in Destiny feel like an obligation more than a creative idea. Like, Bungie put them there because they felt like they had to.

The Interceptor never should have been nerfed from the Beta.

The stuff in there now just feels like a half assed afterthought and they are never used outside of a story mission and 2 PVP maps anyway. Just seems like a idea someone had that they tossed in while they where cobbling the game together in a rush.

I think Bungie did good vehicle stuff before and I think it would bring something to Destiny if they leaned into it again in the future. Maybe have a few wheel based Vehicles instead of everything just feeling like a sparrow.

Trakan

It was definitely talked about and requested quite a bit and I think it's disingenous to say that it was added as a distraction. Way more likely that it was being worked on for awhile.

Worked on for a while? There's 2 tracks. This event looks like 1 guy did it over the course of a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom