• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

I need to race against Afro. Maybe then a freaking shader will drop for me. I did 11 races today. Helmet dropped 7 times. Class item 3 times. Shader dropped across all 11 races for other folks. All except me.

Titan Racing Helmet for sale! 250 Glimmer! Take it before I dismantle them!

What rank are you?

I haven't seen a shader drop either. I hope it's not tied to having purchased a book cause I don't want to buy it.

X-Frame

Can anyone who's playing now please test the newly buffed Amplify perk for the Striker?

Does it actually boost the Super meter by 30% (or roughly 1/3rd) with a Storm Fist kill?

Thanks!

Jinjo

As weird as it was to get an emote from NF, I kinda liked it. Got one I didn't have already which was kinda cool.

I would have never spend money on emotes if I knew I just buying a timed-exclusive kind of thing. I wanted to pick up the Air Guitar emote now too, but fuck that. If it's just gonna be available in 2 months from now I can wait.

They should have done seperate emotes for NF's available for everyone if they wanted to make emotes a NF reward, not the emotes a majority of the Destiny population already paid for to have.

lt519

So the book does nothing? My god Bungie get your shit together.

I'm torn between shelving Destiny entirely or waiting until I've finished out Challenge Mode just for completions sake. But even that doesn't even sound fun.

darthbob

So the book does nothing? My god Bungie get your shit together.

I'm torn between shelving Destiny entirely or waiting until I've finished out Challenge Mode just for completions sake. But even that doesn't even sound fun.

It's not that the book does nothing, it does do something but people are able to complete the activities from the book without purchasing it for the absurd price of $10.

flkraven

It's not that the book does nothing, it does do something but people are able to complete the activities from the book without purchasing it for the absurd price of $10.

I still can't believe what they are getting away with selling in the eververse now. No WONDER we aren't getting any DLC this year, since microtransactions make them BANK and they only need a tenth of the effort.

$10 racing book
-Handful of 'quests' which are basically just bounties
-Access to a few pieces of gear only useful during racing events
-stats

$20 The Dark Below DLC
-New Raid
-2 New Strikes
-Handful of Story Missions
-Changes in patrol zones to reflect new story
-New bounty dealer
-Plenty of new gear
-LL increase

Yes, the dark below wasn't a great DLC. I don't have rose tinted glasses. Also, I know the pricing scheme for micro transactions are a little different, hence I have never compared the pricing of emotes to DLC. However, this $10 racing book is quite easy to compare. It gives quests, it gives you gear: it's crappy DLC.

I still have faith in Bungie, the fact that the live team is doing all the work allows Bungie regular team to just focus on bigger expansions. Hopefully they are updating their system and leaving last gen behind. 2016 has a lot of games coming out, I will be good waiting until September for Destiny 2.

Z7wApS8.png
Get me power, do it baby, love explosion for you~

Nice. I need to try out the Hawkmoon and TLW. I also have a decent Water Star with Range Finger and Hidden Hand. I am thinking that might do well.

Haven't tried Hawkmoon yet. Curious to see if I notice a difference with the specific range decrease and lowered DPS on the perks.

Report back with your Water Star impressions. I am wanting to get a well-rolled Eyasluna to try out as well.

Also- 3oC in Crucible is absurdly awesome. I went to a buddies last night. He was averaging an exotic every 3-4 matches. He ended up with 4 exotic drops last night:

310 Hawkmoon
310 TLW
310 TLW
310 Helmet (one Xur was selling last week, cant remember name off top of my head)

Where's the best place to farm Taken kills if I've already done the Ultras. The beginning of the raid on normal?

Where did you farm Ultras? Patrol?

Haven't tried Hawkmoon yet. Curious to see if I notice a difference with the specific range decrease and lowered DPS on the perks.

Report back with your Water Star impressions. I am wanting to get a well-rolled Eyasluna to try out as well.

Also- 3oC in Crucible is absurdly awesome. I went to a buddies last night. He was averaging an exotic every 3-4 matches. He ended up with 4 exotic drops last night:

310 Hawkmoon
310 TLW
310 TLW
310 Helmet (one Xur was selling last week, cant remember name off top of my head)

Really? When did he use them? I used a bunch last night and only got two. It sounds like pop one. If you don't get one, play a match, and pop one again maybe?

Where did you farm Ultras? Patrol?

Really? When did he use them? I used a bunch last night and only got two. It sounds like pop one. If you don't get one, play a match, and pop one again.

The skull patrol mission on the dreadnaught, just to the right of the initial spawn is an easy ultra. Mars patrol at the hollows spawns ultras pretty fast too. Got mine done at those two places in about 15 minutes.

[Posted this on Reddit but no one has responded]

After last week's surprise windfall of god rolls on the PDX and Dis-47 (well almost on the 47), I guess Bungie decided to troll us a little.

My question is about the ARs (because no full auto on Dis-43 means no for me). I was disappointed that there's not a Counterbalance in all 6 rolls. So my question is, considering that, are any of the rolls viable.

The only ones that even look reasonable are the ones with Braced Frame. The BF roll for Arminius is pretty meh, but there are 2 decent ones on the Zarinaea (Holo sights + Hot Swap/Glass Half Full or Rangefinder/Hotswap with no Holos).

TLDR: Are either the Arminius or the Zarinaea ok with only Braced Frame and no Counterbalance?

The skull patrol mission on the dreadnaught, just to the right of the initial spawn is an easy ultra. Mars patrol at the hollows spawns ultras pretty fast too. Got mine done at those two places in about 15 minutes.

Thanks Pink! Btw, if you/ Team Sexy need a helping hand in any WP, Daughters, or Oryx kills this week hit me up. My reset crew just does challenge mode these days, but I still like to get at least one clear in a week.

That is exactly what he did.

He would pop one as soon as he loaded in each match, regardless if he just got one or not.

Thanks. I'll give it a try tonight!

Homeboyd

What's this about the book being BS?

You guys just started talking about a "book glitch" and that the "book does nothing" or that people without the book can earn the same rewards as those who bought it but didn't really see a full explanation. Didn't see anything on reddit either.

lt519

So am I reading this correctly on Reddit? The buff to damage to AI combatants for Pulse Rifles wasn't larger than the nerf for PvP damage for certain archetypes. Specifically the Smite of Merain? So they reduced the damage on THE raid primary, shame I infused that up to 320. People are saying it's really underwhelming now. But could all be hearsay.

Now that MIDA is back, we need to settle it once and for all. Do you pronounce it:

• MIDA or
  • MIDA
Please vote.

Okay, okay. Jokes aside. It's MEEDA, not MAI-DA. C'mon!

WipedOut

So am I reading this correctly on Reddit? The buff to damage to AI combatants for Pulse Rifles wasn't larger than the nerf for PvP damage for certain archetypes. Specifically the Smite of Merain? So they reduced the damage on THE raid primary, shame I infused that up to 320. People are saying it's really underwhelming now. But could all be hearsay.

I thought it was in my head but using a 317 smite last night felt less powerful for sure. they better fix it, it's still decent but definitely feels nerfed.

E92 M3

What's this about the book being BS?

You guys just started talking about a "book glitch" and that the "book does nothing" or that people without the book can earn the same rewards as those who bought it but didn't really see a full explanation. Didn't see anything on reddit either.

You can do the challenges from the book without buying it lol.

Ah I noticed it was weaker. Damn Bungie, I really liked my smite.

LTWood12

Clearly the numbers don't match the patch notes. I would expect a hotfix in the next week.

Now that MIDA is back, we need to settle it once and for all. Do you pronounce it:

• MIDA or
  • MIDA
Please vote.

Okay, okay. Jokes aside. It's MEEDA, not MAI-DA. C'mon!

My-da, like Midas touch. Used in a setence, "This for y'all that think that I don't write enough; they just mad cause I got the midas touch." (Drake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom