• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you farm Ultras? Patrol?

Really? When did he use them? I used a bunch last night and only got two. It sounds like pop one. If you don't get one, play a match, and pop one again maybe?

Went down to Mars, go over to Hollows, he spawned twenty seconds later, back to Barrens, already in progress. :D

lt519

I thought it was in my head but using a 317 smite last night felt less powerful for sure. they better fix it, it's still decent but definitely feels nerfed.

Some Reddit people claiming a roughly 20% crit nerf on it. The blanket nerfs need to stop, they need to separate PvP and PvE. It isn't hard, tune the damage to guardians vs non-guardians and leave the rest of the shit alone. Wasted two 310+ primaries and a 320 primary raid HC to get the Smite to 320 (had glass half full, loved the thing for PvE).

Trakan

[Posted this on Reddit but no one has responded]

After last week's surprise windfall of god rolls on the PDX and Dis-47 (well almost on the 47), I guess Bungie decided to troll us a little.

My question is about the ARs (because no full auto on Dis-43 means no for me). I was disappointed that there's not a Counterbalance in all 6 rolls. So my question is, considering that, are any of the rolls viable.

The only ones that even look reasonable are the ones with Braced Frame. The BF roll for Arminius is pretty meh, but there are 2 decent ones on the Zarinaea (Holo sights + Hot Swap/Glass Half Full or Rangefinder/Hotswap with no Holos).

TLDR: Are either the Arminius or the Zarinaea ok with only Braced Frame and no Counterbalance?

I would say no. I'm holding on to the Zarinaea, the PDX, the DIS-47, and both Suros ARI ARs until I get god rolls on them.

The Herja-D has a godroll today IMO.

I've only just noticed that they fixed the hand laid stock perk on the Herja-D and Lyudmila-D in the patch and it now correctly reduces range instead of reload speed.

Big lol at being able to complete the activities without having to buy the 1000 silver book.

E92 M3

Clearly the numbers don't match the patch notes. I would expect a hotfix in the next week.

I don't expect anything until next year. I just hate that every time Bungie nerfs, something fucks up.

I've always said this, but nerfs intended for PVP always ruin PVE.

Does MIDA have new perks? If it doesn't, it's the biggest missed opportunity of Year 2. People in Vanilla were convinced that the compass pointed to chests, and Year 2 has a perk that does exactly that.

My question is about the ARs (because no full auto on Dis-43 means no for me). I was disappointed that there's not a Counterbalance in all 6 rolls. So my question is, considering that, are any of the rolls viable.

Full auto is wasted on the slow firing DIS-43. Full auto shines on the fast firing DIS-47. For the 43, you'll be better off with some stability perks or something like Hidden Hand.

RIP SoM (Smite of Merain, not Son of Mithras) :p

I stopped using smite in the raid a while ago, nothing beats good old Hung jury.

Smite helps if you're gazing gologoroth though.

Inspect it in the Shop and press X on the various objectives. You won't see your stats but if you've completed it you get the reward and the roll over text will show you completed it

I just tried it out, I promptly deleted the helmet and well, holy shit

How does something like that go through

People spent real life money for that.

WipedOut

Some Reddit people claiming a roughly 20% crit nerf on it. The blanket nerfs need to stop, they need to separate PvP and PvE. It isn't hard, tune the damage to guardians vs non-guardians and leave the rest of the shit alone. Wasted two 310+ primaries and a 320 primary raid HC to get the Smite to 320 (had glass half full, loved the thing for PvE).

I was lucky with my 317 Harrowed Smite with Firefly, the thing was a beast last week, this week it feels closer to how Pulse rifles in PVE used to be. Fix it bungie, please. It was the only Raid primary worth a shit.

I wonder what Bungies going to do about the book. They can't ban everyone who did it because it was their mistake, but that means that everyone who bought the book got a gimped return.

The SWINGS in this thread. We were all so happy about the Patch Notes yesterday. How did this patch get approved? Reddit has a thread with all the known issues going now. It's kind of absurd. The QA for this game sometimes. I understand it's not an easy thing and sometimes issues come through, but there's always something it seems.

WipedOut

The SWINGS in this thread. We were all so happy about the Patch Notes yesterday. How did this patch get approved? Reddit has a thread with all the known issues going now. It's kind of absurd. The QA for this game sometimes. I understand it's not an easy thing and sometimes issues come through, but there's always something it seems.

Link? too lazy to look it up

lt519

RIP SoM (Smite of Merain, not Son of Mithras) :p

I stopped using smite in the raid a while ago, nothing beats good old Hung jury.

Smite helps if you're gazing gologoroth though.

):

Yeah, I have my Hung Jury leveled too but it just isn't as fun as a Pulse Rifle. Golgoroth just use Red Death though for that life regeneration on killing his orbs.

Smite was special because of the bonus taken damage, cocoon, and glass half full. It was way more useful throughout all activities in the game than it read on paper. Regardless of Light Level it was just my favorite weapon. Sucks when the weapon you get attached to gets nerfed, now I know how Zoba feels.

NeOak

I still can't believe what they are getting away with selling in the eververse now. No WONDER we aren't getting any DLC this year, since microtransactions make them BANK and they only need a tenth of the effort.

$10 racing book
-Handful of 'quests' which are basically just bounties
-Access to a few pieces of gear only useful during racing events
-stats

$20 The Dark Below DLC
-New Raid
-2 New Strikes
-Handful of Story Missions
-Changes in patrol zones to reflect new story
-New bounty dealer
-Plenty of new gear
-LL increase

Yes, the dark below wasn't a great DLC. I don't have rose tinted glasses. Also, I know the pricing scheme for micro transactions are a little different, hence I have never compared the pricing of emotes to DLC. However, this $10 racing book is quite easy to compare. It gives quests, it gives you gear: it's crappy DLC.

Funny thing is that both TDB and SRL are cut content from the original game.

I want the ship mini-game :(

I wonder what Bungies going to do about the book. They can't ban everyone who did it because it was their mistake, but that means that everyone who bought the book got a gimped return.

they are making too much money to cheap out now--book buyers should get some super sparrow down the road, custom designed by bungie and a nice shader or something

Homeboyd

Just inspect the book and if you completed the challenge, then you can get the reward.
Whoops! So what are people talking about they would even remotely be considered as a bannable offense here? There's no glitch on the player end... it's just rewards being made available to people for whom they shouldn't have been made available. I can see if they player was somehow tricking the game into thinking they bought the book when they didn't, but that's not what's happening here at all (sounds like anyways).

It's the 2.0 version but from that nirwens was already a faster TTK (assuming crits)

The distance needed to make the Titan exotic AR viable in Crucible isn't worth it. By the time you close the gab you're dead by a PR, Scout, Sniper, or Shotgun. You can feel the perks activating as you get closer to an opponent, but the stability isn't worth the hassle.

Edit: Sorry LT. I know you wanted it to be dope.

LTWood12

I don't expect anything until next year. I just hate that every time Bungie nerfs, something fucks up.

I've always said this, but nerfs intended for PVP always ruin PVE.

Are you saying you think the numbers we're seeing are actually intended?

The distance needed to make the Titan exotic AR viable in Crucible isn't worth it. By the time you close the gab you're dead by a PR, Scout, Sniper, or Shotgun. You can feel the perks activating as you get closer to an opponent, but the stability isn't worth the hassle.

Edit: Sorry LT. I know you wanted it to be dope.

:(

Not only that but the Arminus-D(eez nuts) rolls are total crap this week.

so basically tldr version is nothings changed regarding meta except hand cannons might actually hit what your aiming at now and slowest rof pulses got nerfed

I will say this LT...I think in 6v6/IB it could be a fun gun to use, but I just don't see it being viable in competitive 3v3

I did like it in PvE. I used it during the NF. It was fun. But then I remembered I had the Supercell.

Jinjo

Now that MIDA is back, we need to settle it once and for all. Do you pronounce it:

• MIDA or
  • MIDA
Please vote.

Okay, okay. Jokes aside. It's MEEDA, not MAI-DA. C'mon!
It's just as much MEEDA as Oryx is in the front and killing both daughters in one go is "one cycle".

it's not MEEDA.

so basically tldr version is nothings changed regarding meta except hand cannons might actually hit what your aiming at now and slowest rof pulses got nerfed

Pretty much :d one thing I have noticed slowly creeping in is people constantly hard scoping corners/lanes

I can deal with an aggressive sniping game but fuck those campers

Edit its Myda

E92 M3

No way, just Bungie didn't do enough testing or someone slipped up lol.

Whoops! So what are people talking about they would even remotely be considered as a bannable offense here? There's no glitch on the player end... it's just rewards being made available to people for whom they shouldn't have been made available. I can see if they player was somehow tricking the game into thinking they bought the book when they didn't, but that's not what's happening here at all (sounds like anyways).

No way the players can get banned for this. The onus is on Bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom