• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the crashed Fallen ship one with the low gravity?

LOL.

ySdV4xg.gif

Whoever controls the tunnels controls the game. Am I right?

That's how a lot of rounds played but there're a few options. You can run straight forward and either sniper duel or shotty rush in the tunnels. But you can also push mid (w the big rotating globe thing) then snipe towards inside heavy. Can also have some decent primary battles in the open mid area. Or push outside heavy and try to bring the flank through the opposite spawn area.

Map could be okay. I only played 10 games, way too early to say. Mainly I need a controller that actually sprints when I press the left stick, or holds ADS when I press the trigger. Meh, stupid dual shocks.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I have put my DS4 through hell and it hasn't had any issues. I guess I got good controller build quality RNG.

SnakeEyes

Banned
That's how a lot of rounds played but there're a few options. You can run straight forward and either sniper duel or shotty rush in the tunnels. But you can also push mid (w the big rotating globe thing) then snipe towards inside heavy. Can also have some decent primary battles in the open mid area. Or push outside heavy and try to bring the flank through the opposite spawn area.

Map could be okay. I only played 10 games, way too early to say. Mainly I need a controller that actually sprints when I press the left stick, or holds ADS when I press the trigger. Meh, stupid dual shocks.
This would be the right time to replace your controller, would it not? All those big-box retailers doing Christmas sales? :)

This would be the right time to replace your controller, would it not? All those big-box retailers doing Christmas sales? :)

Yeah it needs to happen. I still want to get a X1 elite bundle with a Cronos Max so I can use the elite controller on Ps4. But I might as well get a new DS4 as well, assuming I can find one for $40 or less.

This is my fourth DS4 and it's held up longer than I expected. But today was rough, it's past due. I play real rough w my controllers :-/

Lnkn52

Yeah it needs to happen. I still want to get a X1 elite bundle with a Cronos Max so I can use the elite controller on Ps4. But I might as well get a new DS4 as well, assuming I can find one for $40 or less.

This is my fourth DS4 and it's held up longer than I expected. But today was rough, it's past due. I play real rough w my controllers :-/
What happened to the BB warranty?

Ragona

I feel like Destiny should look closer to what other mmos are doing for hardcore players. Imo the game could use some
more diverse vanity items: shaders mostly feel meh from the odd exeption, emblems get replaced by the most recent ones and sparrows cant be used in tower etc.

With most of the gear becoming irrelevant when expansion packs hit, I think stuff like transmogrofication, titles, companions, more diverse shaders or skins would be something to keep working for.
Even after 10 years wow im happy with my old mounts and titles.

Langy

Currently on my best ever trials run with my mate. At 12-0 and still have mercy, gonna go for as big a streak as we can.

Come and watch at twitch.tv/eckelbopp (my friends stream) and cheer us on lol

SnakeEyes

Banned

So do I. I'm onto my 3rd one and it's always the R2 trigger that breaks on me, so I bought some of these, and haven't have a problem since.

E92 M3

I feel like Destiny should look closer to what other mmos are doing for hardcore players. Imo the game could use some
more diverse vanity items. Shaders mostly feel meh from the odd exeption and emblems get replaced by the most recent ones, sparrows cant be used in tower etc.

With most of the gear becoming irrelevant when expansion packs hit, I feel stuff like transmogrofication, titles, companions, more diverse shaders or skins would be something to keep working for.
Even after 10 years wow im happy with my old mounts and titles.

Yes, core players need more items that can be carried across and used throughout the years. Emblems and shaders aren't really enough.

Transmog, and random fun stuff to do on patrol would go a long way to keep players busy and playing, even if it was just an hour a day, or couple of hours a week.

They had the right idea on dreadnaught patrol, with stuff like wormsinger rune, cabal codes, agonarch rune, court of oryx, trick chests and hidden fragments, but they got old and obsolete really quick. Need more stuff like this on the other planets.

The taken spawn instance on the 4 planets became a nuisance 2 weeks after TTK came out.

Expansion is supposed to be about Taken yet there are barely any taken on the dreadnaught. No Taken boss strike. Even the raid has more hive than taken.

Transmog, and random fun stuff to do on patrol would go a long way to keep players busy and playing, even if it was just an hour a day, or couple of hours a week.

They had the right idea on dreadnaught patrol, with stuff like wormsinger rune, cabal codes, agonarch rune, court of oryx, trick chests and hidden fragments, but they got old really quick. Need more stuff like this on the other planets.

The taken spawn instance on the 4 planets became a nuisance 2 weeks after TTK came out.

Expansion is supposed to be about Taken yet there are barely any taken on the dreadnaught. No Taken boss strike. Even the raid has more hive than taken.

It's so goddamn weird. Like, for sure I thought after the storyline Oryx would be taken but he still looks the same. It's like "OH THE TAKEN ARE THE WORST THING EVER STOP THEM" so here's some thralls...jump around some ships....open a gate...fight a giant hive knight...fight a giant spider ogre...fight some witches...and then fight the biggest hiv-taken of them all!

And this game would go a long way if you could seamlessly travel between planets. Call down your ship, go through the atmosphere, then do a light speed warp or something to mask load times, and land on another planet. Having to go through the director kills it a bit. It's why WoW has replayabiltiy-not only the content, but being able to seamlessly travel around a continent through very different looking areas is great. Yeah there are transitions between continents/worlds, but something like the Outlands is amazing since there are just chunks that you have to fly to.

They have a long way to go. Hopefully Bungie can make Destiny 2 good. And current gen only. I'm so done if it's for the old consoles too, because god knows what cuts they'll have to make to support the old 512mb consoles.

Deku Tree

They had the right idea on dreadnaught patrol, with stuff like wormsinger rune, cabal codes, agonarch rune, court of oryx, trick chests and hidden fragments, but they got old and obsolete really quick. Need more stuff like this on the other planets.

It's so goddamn weird. Like, for sure I thought after the storyline Oryx would be taken but he still looks the same. It's like "OH THE TAKEN ARE THE WORST THING EVER STOP THEM" so here's some thralls...jump around some ships....open a gate...fight a giant hive knight...fight a giant spider ogre...fight some witches...and then fight the biggest hiv-taken of them all!

And this game would go a long way if you could seamlessly travel between planets. Call down your ship, go through the atmosphere, then do a light speed warp or something to mask load times, and land on another planet. Having to go through the director kills it a bit. It's why WoW has replayabiltiy-not only the content, but being able to seamlessly travel around a continent through very different looking areas is great. Yeah there are transitions between continents/worlds, but something like the Outlands is amazing since there are just chunks that you have to fly to.

They have a long way to go. Hopefully Bungie can make Destiny 2 good. And current gen only. I'm so done if it's for the old consoles too, because god knows what cuts they'll have to make to support the old 512mb consoles.

The Shade is a Taken. Counts as a Taken Ultra for the quest. So the Raid final boss main lutenant is taken FYI.

I was playing Trials earlier today and I got my first Firefly kill with my sniper. Pretty sick. Now playing the division alpha. God this game is beautiful.

Can someone tell me how Oryx maintains control over the Taken?

Well you see not even Oryx can control an Ogre unless it's taken. So he....caresses it. Or something. Have you seen how big he gets? He can cuddle ogres. Or something. I'm sure his sword had something to do with it, but then Eris steals his sword, so...because Oryx swallowed himself into his sword...he becomes Taken-personified..like, he takes himself. So he is flowing in the spice of Taken..allowing him to...control...other taken. The spice must flow.

The Shade is a Taken. Counts as a Taken Ultra for the quest. So the Raid final boss main lutenant is taken FYI.

Only because it's programmed for the quest. Technically, it's a projection of Oryx himself. It's not *real* taken, Oryx doesn't have a twin that he made into Taken and sent him as his shade. In order for something to be *Taken*, they have to been taken over by Oryx.

I just bought my 8th DS4, I meant to put that damn geek squad protection on it but totally spaced and the guy didn't ask, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom