• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the raid has more hive than taken.

This is a huge, huge problem to me especially w KF coming right after CE. Everyone was praising the Taken, and how fun they were to fight, in the lead up to the NM KF release (Right after TTK had launched). Then we raid and it's all Hive besides a boring Taken Thrall etc. It makes KF feel so much less distinctive to me.

VoG and the Vex were a perfect match, same as Hive in that dreary CE. KF looks and feels just like CE, when it should have felt closer to the opening story missions. Crazy portals to nowhere sticking out left and right, unpredictable things happening. More like a black-and-white bleak sci-if aesthetic and less brown-green insect land.

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the Taken enemies weren't finalized while designing the raid so they couldn't base entire encounters around their abilities.

So do I. I'm onto my 3rd one and it's always the R2 trigger that breaks on me, so I bought some of these, and haven't have a problem since.

Nice, thanks bro! I will lowkey hook those up.

I haven't seen that film. I was more of a skateboard guy myself and this was the shit:

Gleaming_the_cube.jpg
Still don't understand why some tv execs felt the need to rename it "A Brother's Love" when it was aired on TV later. Was super jealous of that sewer pipe micro half pipe thing the kid had in his subterranean bedroom.

Stuff like this is why we can be friends DGAF.

Well you see not even Oryx can control an Ogre unless it's taken. So he....caresses it. Or something. Have you seen how big he gets? He can cuddle ogres. Or something. I'm sure his sword had something to do with it, but then Eris steals his sword, so...because Oryx swallowed himself into his sword...he becomes Taken-personified..like, he takes himself. So he is flowing in the spice of Taken..allowing him to...control...other taken. The spice must flow.

Oryx can control ogres only if they're taken, yet the ogres in the raid are normal hive ogres...

This is a huge, huge problem to me especially w KF coming right after CE. Everyone was praising the Taken, and how fun they were to fight, in the lead up to the NM KF release (Right after TTK had launched). Then we raid and it's all Hive besides a boring Taken Thrall etc. It makes KF feel so much less distinctive to me.

VoG and the Vex were a perfect match, same as Hive in that dreary CE. KF looks and feels just like CE, when it should have felt closer to the opening story missions. Crazy portals to nowhere sticking out left and right, unpredictable things happening. More like a black-and-white bleak sci-if aesthetic and less brown-green insect land.

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the Taken enemies weren't finalized while designing the raid so they couldn't base entire encounters around their abilities.

Yeah like, VoG for example. You see Gorgons, which are like Harpys but used uniquely. Later on during the last fight, again you see Harpys but they're suicide bombers of sorts, you either shoot them down or they blow up on you. It's a basic enemy used in different ways. Crota has the Sword Knights that you have to deal with on the Bridge and the last fight, thrall are used to effect during the first part, and it feels well done.

KF has none of that. No real unique enemies, none of the encounters use enemies in a unique way(IE Avoiding the Gorgons; Having to run from the Thrall), they just kinda appear and they're fodder for you to shoot. Sure Warpriest you have to shoot the acolytes to refill the buff, but they're just there.

It's kinda sad. The boss fights were kinda great the first time around, but really in retrospect it's.....they could've used their assets better.

I just bought my 8th DS4, I meant to put that damn geek squad protection on it but totally spaced and the guy didn't ask, oh well.

I know that the DS4 has beyond bad build quality but damn, 8th?

I probably had just as many Xbox 360 consoles, my first one of those lasted less than an hour.

On topic: stop giving me helmets and give me the damn shaders already sparrow racing.

Lots of great points by Breezy

You're right on w this post. Think about Golgoroth spawns between cycles. Thrall and cursed thrall, then acolytes and adepts, all fed through tiny hallways at Guardians who have to sit behind cover to avoid the Ogre. Those add spawns are meaningless, they could've been anything. Just picking away at the fish in the barrel.

I need 3x NF. Anyone?

I could in a bit. Still haven't done them this week, modifiers seem easy. Probably wouldn't be on mic.

Yeah like, VoG for example. You see Gorgons, which are like Harpys but used uniquely. Later on during the last fight, again you see Harpys but they're suicide bombers of sorts, you either shoot them down or they blow up on you. It's a basic enemy used in different ways. Crota has the Sword Knights that you have to deal with on the Bridge and the last fight, thrall are used to effect during the first part, and it feels well done.

KF has none of that. No real unique enemies, none of the encounters use enemies in a unique way(IE Avoiding the Gorgons; Having to run from the Thrall), they just kinda appear and they're fodder for you to shoot. Sure Warpriest you have to shoot the acolytes to refill the buff, but they're just there.

It's kinda sad. The boss fights were kinda great the first time around, but really in retrospect it's.....they could've used their assets better.

Excellen post. A lot of points that that aren't generally made about the raid.

Thanks for explaining it in a way I can understand.

Todd is such a boring guy
not
Kappa

Now this here todd is a triple sarcasm because it would mean that you are not boring because of the kappa but since i added a not you ARE boring but since we know each other and you know i dont find you boring you can see the conclusion.

the fuck do you do with your controllers, smash them everytime Calgary drafts a 15 year old?

Nah, I have two that are mine and the rest go to my kids. It's like 3 months or so before they're totally toast when they get their mitts on them. This is the last color that I've never had done might start running into issues with my next one, unless I get my hands on that hideous Darth Vader controller.

I know that the DS4 has beyond bad build quality but damn, 8th?

I probably had just as many Xbox 360 consoles, my first one of those lasted less than an hour.

On topic: stop giving me helmets and give me the damn shaders already sparrow racing.

I have zero patience for faulty controllers, my newest one that has the least hours on it is defective and needed replacing. It really sucks only having one controller, I've gotta have two functional ones all the time

I gots to give it up for Goth and crew. They've really sold SRL to the masses.
It was not really needed to be sold by youtubers

Lets see; the bulk of players in destiny do not play the end game content. Raids are group activities. They also demand comunication and time.
PvP is an aftertough for a great many people. Also , the learning ladder can very very steep (destiny is no cod), and will not appeal to many
Racing , on the other hand, it's not too difficult. 2 tracks, accelerate, boost, brake, and you will almost always get a reward.
It's a no brainer

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
the fuck do you do with your controllers, smash them everytime Calgary drafts a 15 year old?

I laughed way to hard at this in my hospital room, my nurse came running thinking I was choking

You did this to me Smiley 😵

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All shaders get. Team Rank 1.

aI91u4H.png

Must be me or wearing racing gear actually helps you maintain speed. I was wearing regular gear and doing bad but once I put on racing gear my speed wasn't going down as much.

I've completed at least 20 races and haven't gotten a single shader

Sounds about right. My first one probably dropped after 25 or so races. But I got all of them within 50 races.

Got all 3 full armor sets as well: jade rabbit, bright and racing. All are cosmetic though, except the helmets.

The cosmetic armor can be passed around between characters, so no need to keep a set for each class.

I can't find a group for Trials in LFG that doesn't want my birth certificate and positive kill death ratio on file before starting.

Anyone want to play for bounties on PS4?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn, Rank S license was easier to get than Rank A. Fuck.

How do I get race boots I can put on use shaders?

Afro you must have missed me quoting you about you playing FFXIV and asking DGAF to come join you lol

Once I'm out of the hospital, whenever that adventurer returns home pops off, I'll come in and give away my loot/gil
Roughly $35,000,000+ gil
Wish I can give away my Gold Pick-Axe for mining and Gold Axe for Botany

SnakeEyes

Banned
I can't find a group for Trials in LFG that doesn't want my birth certificate and positive kill death ratio on file before starting.

Anyone want to play for bounties on PS4?
Because Trials is more serious business than regular Crucible, or even Iron Banner, and if it's LFG then you're expected to go 9-0 with no round losses.

Zocano

All the Hive encounters want you to stand on a spot and not move from it and that doesn't encourage fun and reactive play. Instead it's defensive and tepid and ultimately less fun for it. Templar moves around the place and you're not forced to be in one spot.

I have been mulling over some encounters that I'd like to see (primarily Cabal focused because that's something we haven't seen) and one of the things I was thinking of was a giant turtle in the center of a large open arena (you'd follow the Cabal Emperor and they'd get you into an actual arena to fight their turtle tank thing). Anyway it's fairly stationary but at least one of the damage dealing phases would consist of shooting a weak point under a buff (like Warpriest) but the turtle would constantly be firing a massive artillery shell from above targetted at whoever has the buff. Everyone would have to coordinate and move as a unit to avoid super death. Just one of the little ideas I had floating around when I thought about how to make more fun and diverse FPS raid encounters.

SheHateMe

is it just me or do people not seem to do the raid that much now?

It's not just you.

In the grand scheme of things, most of us are only raiding now to help others out who haven't filled out their rewards (NM shader, HM shader, Calcium Fragments for ToM, Challenge Mode, etc.).

Anecdotal, but oh well: I've only raided 4 times. 3 in NM, once for Warpriest Challenge. Haven't even touched HM. I'm 312 LL.

Any LL over 300, and the only 2 things you're chasing are an easy HM Oryx kill and max LL until they raise the cap again.

Like, I WANT to do Golo's Challenge, but it's only for the emblem and possible rewards.

The End Game Content isn't here, and as a filthy casual, it saddens me. What goal is there? I would LOVE to have different sets of armor for different situations, but RNGesus makes you fight for it and the gimped progression just tires you out. So you end up doing other quests and crossing your fingers for drops and eventually, you just wake up one day and never open the game.

My kingdom for weapon and armor sets based off of PvE, PvP, and Raiding.

Afrocious

Afro you must have missed me quoting you about you playing FFXIV and asking DGAF to come join you lol

Once I'm out of the hospital, whenever that adventurer returns home pops off, I'll come in and give away my loot/gil
Roughly $35,000,000+ gil
Wish I can give away my Gold Pick-Axe for mining and Gold Axe for Botany

DAMN! Hahahaha nice

I'm glad we're cool with each other >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom