• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old content is there if you wanna try it but with the 25 level buff you can jump straight to the newer stuff.Also if you do decide to buy it pm me so we can do the refer a friend quest that will give us sweet gear and a Tron like sparrow.

Or anyone else that buys it lmk and we can do the frjend quest and we both get the rewards.

Psn legendkilla3rd

Edit:tips basically run the TTk story missions then start working on the TTk quests to get legendary weapons the best is 100 yard stare which is gotten free from Taken earth quest.Also do the sword quest its one of the best new eapins and make certain captains easy peasy.
So is there little point starting with Vanilla? I have a level 3 character from playing the demo a bit, should I just skip and go for TTK

So is there little point starting with Vanilla? I have a level 3 character from playing the demo a bit, should I just skip and go for TTK

You receive a buff that gets you to 25 light instantly so you wont get anythjng worthwhile anymore from base destiny quests.Doing TTk first is the way to get your light level higher to do more endgame activities.

Laughlin

FINALLY got lucky with an exotic helmet engram drop a 310 Apotheosis Veil. I'd been stuck with a 296 helmet for months now since Oryx decides to never drop one for me, even a NM version.

Jumped me from LL 314 to 316.

Thing i hate most in SRL is the collision physics with other players its the most annoying thing especially coming of the starting line and trying to squeeze into the gate.

Edit: Can also help out ps4 peeps do the Spindle quests im on right now.

Finally got lucky and got a decent run on Mars, time down to 4:20.563 with room for improvement, saved vids but not too sure they are worth uploading.

Still not got a 320 helm yet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone doing any part of the raid (Golg, Oryx, all) or trials (mainly for bounties) anytime soon I can join?

Deku Tree

Possibly.

My point is that while he had a lead, we both missed one gate, yet I overtook him because I cared more about staying in a straight line.

Yeah basically the strategy as I understand it is to stay in a straight line, stay in the middle of the track, take the corners tightly, and hit all the boosts that you can. Then you travel the shortest distance possible. Also Use side boosts when you need them to follow the strategy above. And do tricks to gain fuel when possible.

I realized that I follow the same path as you on both tracks. But I have never gone for the one boost on each track just before you go on the ramp to the alternate path.

I'm just not quite as good as executing the strategy of staying in a straight line etc.

FirewalkR

Just broke my record on Venus.

4:04

Very very nice. I'm way back at 4:14. I haven't seen your stream or recordings but from what I've seen in other players, both racing against me and in vids, even more than the path chosen, it's judicious use of side-boost before certain gates and in certain corners together with not forgetting to do tricks that makes the real difference. :)

Very very nice. I'm way back at 4:14. I haven't seen your stream or recordings but from what I've seen in other players, both racing against me and in vids, even more than the path chosen, it's judicious use of side-boost before certain gates and in certain corners together with not forgetting to do tricks that makes the real difference. :)

It's an elaborate game of "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line."

You want to have a straight line as much as possible.

Smiley90

It's an elaborate game of "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line."

You want to have a straight line as much as possible.

Do you take the small shortcut-jump at the beginning of mars? I've always felt like it's actually slower

Number45

Is there anyone around doing Black Spindle runs? 310 Titan who really wants to get that damn gun! Don't seem to have been able to get close when I've tried previously. :(

PSN same as GAF.

FyreWulff

So, from various testing, it seems I do better with the triggers flipped (so Boost is on L1 instead of L2) since it's a digital input.

Top regular speed with boost on L1 - a steady, unbroken 130.

Top regular speed with boost on L2 - wavers between 126 and 130

Bungie may want to set the sensitivity curve so you can top out speed with the analog inputs more consistently. There was another PS4 game that had an issue where some controllers couldn't "push in" all the way, so they added an option to shorten the curve.

Solobbos

Just starting Destiny for the first time since the open beta. The question is, which class should I pick? Is there a class that gets to raids easier, or should I just pick whatever?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Just starting Destiny for the first time since the open beta. The question is, which class should I pick? Is there a class that gets to raids easier, or should I just pick whatever?

What's your play style? That's the most important thing.

Warlocks don't get much love in the current raid. Hunters and Titans are more useful.

Defender Titan is king of the raids for the bubble, if you're into PvP as well Nightstalker Hunter is good for both and a lot of fun to play. Sunsinger Warlock is also useful for the self rez

stay gold

Pick whatever you think is coolest
Voidwalker Warlock obviously
. All 3 classes are great, though you'll never struggle for a group as a Defender Titan.

Solobbos

What's your play style? That's the most important thing.

Warlocks don't get much love in the current raid. Hunters and Titans are more useful.
I normally play melee characters in MMORPGS, although lately I've enjoyed being a ranged character also. PS4 is my first traditional controller gaming console since PS1, and I can't say I'm that awesome regarding accuracy with the sticks since I've mained PC my whole gaming life.

Smiley90

Honestly the classes arent different enough that the choices result in a HUGE difference. Defender Titans are probably the most "support" class and thus well-liked for raids. But really, pick whatever looks best :D

What's the big difference between a 4:03 run and a 3:55 or a 3:53 on Venus? Are there any videos out there of these close to record time runs?

They must be starting with a full fireteam so that the start is perfect right?

Full fireteam, and I've noticed they hit literally every gate, so they must be skipping the shortcuts entirely.

Titan Defender for Raid stuff, if you tend to let "mistakes happen" then Warlock Sunslinger, if you wanna look fresh and frabjous
2a7ee8ed770e478010076e1af41a05b8.gif

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I normally play melee characters in MMORPGS, although lately I've enjoyed being a ranged character also. PS4 is my first traditional controller gaming console since PS1, and I can't say I'm that awesome regarding accuracy with the sticks since I've mained PC my whole gaming life.

Difficult to glean much from that but basically:

Hunter: fast, mobile, some fun and effective offensive abilities
Titan: basically a "tank" class. Slower but great support class.
Warlocks: Specialized. Very strong melee so you might like this

Having tried all 3 I think Hunter is best by far but I'm biased. You can always do more than one character

Trakan

Difficult to glean much from that but basically:

Hunter: fast, mobile, some fun and effective offensive abilities
Titan: basically a "tank" class. Slower but great support class.
Warlocks: Specialized. Very strong melee so you might like this

Having tried all 3 I think Hunter is best by far but I'm biased. You can always do more than one character

Not trying to be an ass here, but none of this is really true with Destiny. There's not enough of a difference in the classes to sway someone one way or the other based on basic stuff like movement or health or melee. All the classes have similar sprint speeds and the Titans are actually the fastest class. No class can be a tank and all have similar HP values. All the melees suck in PVE.

I'd say pick the class with the super you like the most. That being said my favorite is also the hunter.

Max agility hunter + the right subclass speed perks + MIDA + Radiant dance machines is the fastest thing I've ever seen. So fast that I can barely play like that.

Deku Tree

Not trying to be an ass here, but none of this is really true with Destiny. There's not enough of a difference in the classes to sway someone one way or the other based on basic stuff like movement or health or melee. All the classes have similar sprint speeds and the Titans are actually the fastest class. No class can be a tank and all have similar HP values. All the melees suck in PVE.

I'd say pick the class with the super you like the most. That being said my favorite is also the hunter.

Hunter jump is bad in PvE, not nearly as good as the other two. Titan fast jump is the best.

Mindlog

Warlock Focus Burst is OK, but could use a speed boost. Bungie please.
And a fully functioning DS4!

/grumbles
/buys another new DS4
Full fireteam, and I've noticed they hit literally every gate, so they must be skipping the shortcuts entirely.
Full fireteam can also reduce lag and most importantly reduce bumping.

derek212

I have a quick questions that I would like answered if can.

1) is it worth buying the book for srl ? I'm lvl 25

2) is the $20 dlc good ? The collection Ed? Worth the buy ?

hitting a random spot that slows you down is the worst

Practicing pitch with a fully upgraded helmet has helped with this.

I've started to subconsciously pick up on the angle I need to land in order to reduce that impact as much.

Also, I've made it up the leaderboard for time trials;

Rank 142 for Mars, and Rank 50 for Venus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom