• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 straight wins this morning and all shaders excluding the one from the book got. The 320 drop still eludes me but I've had a 319 class item drop, happy with that.

Played so much that I've almost hit rank 4.

Izuna

Banned
So I fell asleep...

And I woke up to a few requests for BS that were like

"Hey dude, think you can handle me on your team? XD"

"Hey dude, let know me etc."

"Hey dude... I'm not THAT shit, lemme know when you free man."

"Hey dude..."

"HEY DUDE!!"

Kudos to the person trying me at 5-6am. Don't know if I should reply and ask if he got it. After all, I'm pretty sure I was... offline... on... Xbox...?

grief

Not to call upon the powers of gaf too much, but my RaF buddy and I are doing the nightfall now if anyone wants to hop on.

PSA: those of you looking to rank up SRL to rank 3 faster, the daily bounties would have reset right now, an hour before the actual daily reset. Grab the bounties and complete them, turn them in before the next hour and you will be able to pick up the same 3 bounties from Amanda and do them again.

That's 300 free rep, 345 if you have class item.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rank 4.

Pp4VCcj.png

Uh toolkit didn't give me anything.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Sorry, I didn't check the thread so I didn't know you didn't have a mic!
Thanks a lot for the help and also shout out to Semedi for also volunteering to help, you guys are the best.

Cool, glad you guys got it. I blasted through 3x as well right after, so it all worked out =)

The most annoying part of the saber strike is not the warsat but the section where you throw a grenade down the chute and realise everyone in your fireteam has 1 that explodes on impact.

So your sat there like plums swapping powers about and waiting for grenades to recharge.

bitsurugi

Jumped 20+ light up to 285.5. Just wanna do a Heroic and a NFall but I could probably get carried through HM KF, including the Golgi challenge, pretty soon here. Honestly the Golgi challenge would be one of the easier things to do I feel like.

Btw when do you start getting a chance at 310 exotics? I'm sitting on a primary and a heavy for the time being. I felt like above 300, maybe 301, is worth a shot. Otherwise I'd have to wait for 311 which might be possible depending on HM KF luck and maybe some Trials games for the bounties.

Eating now but I'll probably be around later, not sure how long you were gonna be online. Hopefully my mic resuscitates.

Best hope to progress, by a large margin, is the HM challenge. You can do that as 281+.

Once you are 290+, go trials. You get at least 2 300+, one more from gold package, silver almost always gives an exotic 310+ on the 1st time. Oh, and, Mercury chest will boost you up a lot.

Then there is the exotic sword quest line for the 310 heavy... ;)

Exotics drop at 310 once you hit 310 LL.

Jumped 20+ light up to 285.5. Just wanna do a Heroic and a NFall but I could probably get carried through HM KF, including the Golgi challenge, pretty soon here. Honestly the Golgi challenge would be one of the easier things to do I feel like.

Btw when do you start getting a chance at 310 exotics? I'm sitting on a primary and a heavy for the time being. I felt like above 300, maybe 301, is worth a shot. Otherwise I'd have to wait for 311 which might be possible depending on HM KF luck and maybe some Trials games for the bounties.

Eating now but I'll probably be around later, not sure how long you were gonna be online. Hopefully my mic resuscitates.

If you want to try Golgo tonight, i can give you a hand. Maybe we can get some of the sparrow race boyz to jump in as well

T-0800

When sparrow racing started I could win races and do well but now I'm constantly left behind despite hitting all the gates. Why is everyone so much faster?

When sparrow racing started I could win races and do well but now I'm constantly left behind despite hitting all the gates. Why is everyone so much faster?

PS4? We have a spot on the race train if you're interested. Just racing for fun, but if you need to get some wins for bounties or license, we can help.

T-0800

PS4? We have a spot on the race train if you're interested. Just racing for fun, but if you need to get some wins for bounties or license, we can help.

Thanks but I'm not online at the moment. Just trying to work out why I'm so much slower than everyone else now.

Toki767

Everyone either improved or you're not using one of the event sparrows. The sparrow you get for getting the S license has so much better handling than the regular sparrows.

Spoo

Hitting gates is great, but that's not really where you pull through in 1st place these days. I miss tons of gates, but pretty consistently make first because I:

1) Manage your speed. If you're hauling ass (max speed) and you see a gate in a really obnoxious place, *ignore* it. (Don't let yourself miss more than one, though, in a series)

2) Know the maps, and know how to abuse things. For example, on Venus, just after you go off the long jump from the river, the game expects that you might take that shortcut there (which lands you on a floating platform), all the way to the next shortcut. You can safetly ignore the first one, which is in a painful place to get, and take the gate right before the small hill that jumps you into the next shortcut. That avoids losing speed from the previous jump, but it's hard to get, kind of, because you have to...

3) Understand L- and R-dash. The dashes are *crucial*. About to miss a gate? Dash into it. Someone bumping you around, and you're losing control? Dash out of it. About to get smashed by some rotating propellers? Losing control on a big turn and about to miss a gate? Dash. Dash, dash dash. It kind of "resets" your current inertia, *without* fucking with your speed. This is huge in planning really daring turns, or trying to cut out of one short so you can nab a gate.

4) Being first out of the gate isn't always the best option. Sure, if you're playing against really good people, it can put you at a disadvantage, but early on in races things can get messy, and a lot can actually be decided there. Don't try to be aggressive, distance yourself from other players, let them fight over gates while you are a safe distance away maximizing your speed.

5) R2, or brake, is a godsend if you want to take a turn at max speed, and not lose next to any of that speed. Imagine thrusting a pole into the ground you're at immediately as you press R2, and then being able to "pivot" in place with the stick. That's what breaking allows you do, and used sparingly keeps you on the track while others either take turns too largely (sometimes hitting walls), or in some places fly right off the track.

Other than that, it's dash, and speed monitoring, as well as taking shortcuts. Some people are crazy good and you won't be able to beat them easily, but if you do the above I promise you'll nail 2nd and 1st more than you'd think.

T-0800

Everyone either improved or you're not using one of the event sparrows. The sparrow you get for getting the S license has so much better handling than the regular sparrows.

Don't you have to win races to get that sparrow? Winning isn't happening anymore.

I'm pretty sure that Drifter is the worst trials map to date.

I've only played 10 games so far avoiding it, lol. Every other TTK Trials has ranged 75-130 games played for me.

I want to play more today but mainly on GRX's account for the bounty and win rewards. Could have a decent BDancer build by tonight. NStalker only if I miraculously find a Graviton soon.

I'm only little over half-way to rank 4.

Not that rank after 3 matters, it's pointless. Rank reward is basically 3 legendary marks.

I meant your avatarface.

Toki767

Don't you have to win races to get that sparrow? Winning isn't happening anymore.

You need 3 wins. Just join a group on GAF. They'll help you out. There's a noticeable difference between the regular sparrows and the ones you can get from the S license though. So if you want to race, do that quest.

T-0800

You need 3 wins. Just join a group on GAF. They'll help you out. There's a noticeable difference between the regular sparrows and the ones you can get from the S license though. So if you want to race, do that quest.

Not sure how people are supposed to complete a quest like that without playing with friends and rigging the outcome.

I've only played 10 games so far avoiding it, lol. Every other TTK Trials has ranged 75-130 games played for me.

I want to play more today but mainly on GRX's account for the bounty and win rewards. Could have a decent BDancer build by tonight. NStalker only if I miraculously find a Graviton soon.

It suffers the same problems as it does in normal play but is much more annoying when it's the only map for this weekend. There are a few design choices that really irritate me about the map. The smallest tunnels are too small. You can only move through them and cannot jump are move side to side. There are too many odd angles. There isn't much cover in rooms themselves so you have to move from room to room to recover. The spawn though have a tunnel or walkway to the far lane that connects to outside heavy. Outside heavy is too exposed and it's too boring to have sniper battles across tubes on inside heavy.

I went back to Bladedancer for the first time since taken king for trials and found that to be my preferred hunter class for this map. I had the most trouble against teams full of snipers. I don't know if this was due to the map favoring sniper teamshooting or poor decision making by myself and my teamates.

One win finally down for the S class license lol. I Should've attempted this before the competition got heavy xD

Edit: one win left(it'll take forever)

Lima

I have a question regarding 3oC. The idea is that you can pop one every strike or PvP match and only after you got an exotic the cool down kicks in right?

Akai XIII

Can't believe that's your first 320 helmet drop considering the amount of time you've put into SRL.

Thanks for the Oryx run last night. Glad we got it done in the end.

Ty
Yeah it was a good run. Thanks for swapping to your titan, not sure we would have finished it if you hadn't.

Got the HM helm (316) a 320 bond and 319 weapon. Pushed my light level to 319 for the raid :)

Best hope to progress, by a large margin, is the HM challenge. You can do that as 281+.

Once you are 290+, go trials. You get at least 2 300+, one more from gold package, silver almost always gives an exotic 310+ on the 1st time. Oh, and, Mercury chest will boost you up a lot..

Not sure if/when I'll have the heart to farm an exotic sword. Tbh that sounds like something GRX might enjoy.

Hunter main is up to 286. Gonna do some more Strikes including NFall but otherwise I'm down for a Golgi challenge anytime.

If you want to try Golgo tonight, i can give you a hand. Maybe we can get some of the sparrow race boyz to jump in as well

Thanks so much. I'll be around awhile this morning (my time) and down for it anytime there's an understanding group.

Firthy

When SRL first started I had no problem getting wins, but now everyone has more experience I literally can not win a game to complete my S license for the better sparrow!

Whoyouare

320 helmet. Finally.

I'll hit rank 3 after one race today. Hopefully that helmet and class item drop right away at 320. I'm beyond bored of racing but I sure as hell don't have the patience to get a group together for oryx on hard. Maybe once in 317 or 318 I'll give it another shot

Born2Live

Yeah it was a good run. Thanks for swapping to your titan, not sure we would have finished it if you hadn't.

Got the HM helm (316) a 320 bond and 319 weapon. Pushed my light level to 319 for the raid :)

No way were we getting that done without a Titan lol. I'll see if anyone still needs Oryx later tonight so I can got my Warlock through, if not I'll just wait for reset.

Pretty good loot drops you get there, got my first 310+ weapon(316) which I was pleased about. Helmet still eludes me though.

Ty

It suffers the same problems as it does in normal play but is much more annoying when it's the only map for this weekend. There are a few design choices that really irritate me about the map. The smallest tunnels are too small. You can only move through them and cannot jump are move side to side. There are too many odd angles. There isn't much cover in rooms themselves so you have to move from room to room to recover. The spawn though have a tunnel or walkway to the far lane that connects to outside heavy. Outside heavy is too exposed and it's too boring to have sniper battles across tubes on inside heavy.

I went back to Bladedancer for the first time since taken king for trials and found that to be my preferred hunter class for this map. I had the most trouble against teams full of snipers. I don't know if this was due to the map favoring sniper teamshooting or poor decision making by myself and my teamates.

Even Hovey was running BDancer last night, plus Krafty as usual. I've never been down on BD even after the serious year 2 nerf. It's always been really strong, especially now paired w a stronger TLW. I'll definitely do Grave's run as BD, already got the quest 1kYS. I have two basic interests if/when I play it again:

Plan A- Push outside every round. Inner tubes are way too boring like you said. If enemies all push inside, bring a pinch from through their spawn while keeping radar pressure at mid/front door. Edit: force more primary battles.

Plan B- Everyone use year 2 Hard Light. Go inside every round.

Lima

Lol doing the Taken champions alone on Earth for the Quest. WipedOut recommended using Ghorn and lol it actually works. Still the GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom