• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the $10 SRL book, instantly unlocked everything, sucks that I have to level up the perks to use them with this new armor set.

Especially the helmet! The perks really make a difference for high level racing...

The helmet actually hurts you on Mars. It makes the man cannon shoot you short. Killed me a bunch of times before I realized what was happening.

LTWood12

Fun things to do to get away from pulses: (1) Disc/Str NStalker, Sealed Grasps, Monte Carlo, (2) Triple Hard Light ricochet in tubes, (3) OG TLW+sniper BDance. Feels like there are more reasonably viable primary options than before, credit where credit is due I guess.

How are you liking Hard Light? I've been messing around with it a bit in crucible. I can't decide whether it's better to forego some stability for the extra impact or not. It's a really fun weapon. The sound of it is one of the best in the game, and the ricochets freak the opponents out. I'm honestly not very good with it though. I do better with Nechrocasm & Suros (the two other archetypes).

Trakan

SRL Blue Shells are real. They're just invisible.

I can totally understand how a bad fall can result in an explosion. Like this sucks but I can understand the logic behind it.

The first video, though...

Invisible Blue Shell is about all I've come up with.

Sparrow racing is so bad.

I can't count the amount of times I've gotten stuck on a pebble in the geometry, blown up for no reason, or fly straight up into the air randomly. The physics in the game and the controls for the sparrow aren't meant for racing. It's just frustrating.

The helmet actually hurts you on Mars. It makes the man cannon shoot you short. Killed me a bunch of times before I realized what was happening.

It's more that you have to start pulling up earlier than you think you would. Once you realize that, you can get crazy air time from that jump.

The helmet is great for landing jumps that otherwise force you to hit the ground and lose your speed/take damage.

Sparrow racing is so bad.

I can't count the amount of times I've gotten stuck on a pebble in the geometry, blown up for no reason, or fly straight up into the air randomly. The physics in the game and the controls for the sparrow aren't meant for racing. It's just frustrating.

I mean, I'm still having a lot of fun with it. I just can't understand the logic behind this situation. Dying from a fall isn't supposed to happen, but I can understand why it would.

I can't figure out how I died in this scenario. It had to of been something on the ground that had a larger collision area than it should of.

Good morning GAF!

I have a lot of Destiny to do tonight. I've been busy with IRL stuff, getting the house together before Christmas and trying to catch my gf up on Star Wars before Thursday. We just watched Episode 4 and 5, so now going to watch 2 tonight, 3 tomorrow, 6 Wednesday and then Force Awakens on Thursday!

I need a couple challenge Golgys still on both platforms.
And a couple NFs.

WipedOut

Good morning GAF!

I have a lot of Destiny to do tonight. I've been busy with IRL stuff, getting the house together before Christmas and trying to catch my gf up on Star Wars before Thursday. We just watched Episode 4 and 5, so now going to watch 2 tonight, 3 tomorrow, 6 Wednesday and then Force Awakens on Thursday!

I need a couple challenge Golgys still on both platforms.
And a couple NFs.

It's snowing again so I'm checking work email to see if my boss is staying home.

Hit me up for NF on XB1, was supposed to do it last night but had to jump off.

The wife and I started some alts (I killed my Warlock for the 3rd time and restarted her), and my wife made a Hunter, having only played a Warlock since beta.

We've made it to level 9, and are having fun. Man, that opening cinematic on Mars is still a fucking beautiful thing. It has a very unique tone to it that the rest of the game seems to be missing, and that makes me sad.

Something smaller I wish Bungie would look at, is low level Warlock robes look awesome. Specifically, the ones that fall short of the knee. I'd love to see some high level warlock robes do this as well, as I don't like how the robes all swallow the warlocks so much.

Also, the Shader from Refer a Friend doesn't have a level attached to it, so you can equip it at Level 1. Whoops.

LTWood12

Racing gear is rad looking. Way better than wearing a freaking Gwar costume all the time.

CZhhUzVl.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
Mayhem + Stormcaller = 1st always

I tried to use Sunbreaker but Stormcaller kills more than Sunbreakers with SUPER.

Multiples kills with SUPER is the easiest things ever.

I got another 320 class item from SRL last night. Bungie knows how to make events popular now. Give better gear in less time than every other activity.

Trials was good over the weekend. Two Mercury runs, but I am really weak with my Hunter. I think I am best with Gunslinger still.

I'm glad TLW is back, but the meta in trails was shifting pretty hard to sniper + TLW. I'm already over it. I played that meta and I loved TLW then. I don't know what it is, but it was really bland and annoying to me playing against it in Trials. I'm sure I am overrating.

Soonish I'll be running some strikes to work towards the NFall and that Vangaurd quest, see how much higher I can get in the meantime. We'd only need 2 more if me, you, ruthless, and Mr. E can all help. Maybe pull a couple from the racing squad, I bet we could do the challenge quickly.

If anybody's playing PvP today, even just normal crucible, I could do some bounties/leveling there (not likely but throwing it out there). I'll see how high Light I can get then go for some Trials runs later tonight. Depending on my gear and who's around to help, I could just do bounties or maybe try to christen Grave's first pilgrimage. We'll see how it goes, thanks!!

I won't be on till evening my time (so 2 1/2hrs from now) but should be able to put up with you constantly dying for a few hrs. We could probably knock out warpriest/golgo pretty quick for a maximum return

Trying to High Five emote with randoms during strikes is my new favorite Destiny activity.

If anybody wants to run a few Heroic strikes, I was going to start soon. Probably do 3-5 depending on life etc.

E92 M3

Pulls a Kermit on Trance's characters

:p
(Leaves Against All Odds though)

I'd quite video games for a while probably lol.

This game just forces you to be social and build upon friendship
I mean once the core people started gelling it just branched out

It's awesome how a few trees created branches and those branches just kept branching with others
I mean I was a little late to the core team, but once I fit in, everyone had roles to play

I went from teaching destination materials farming nodes/chests, to being relic holder for almost every team, becoming checkpoint for VoG chest once others became busy, then swordbearer, and I never said no unless I was super busy or had scheduled somethingsomething prior
I would jump into random NF's for people that were 1/3 or 2/3; say need help?; most of the time they did

One time I forget who's NF I joined, I joined maybe 5 seconds before they wiped at the boss... Game registered me, so I saved them 35+ minutes of repeating it, they were really bummed but once they heard my voice, they were ecstatic
Cheesed the boss quick, got them their loot
Went on my way to jump and help someone else

Yeah, definitely the most social game I have ever played. In one way it's bad (dependency on others to get the best stuff) and on the other it's great for making new friends.

I doubt we will get it when srl going on.

Actually id be none to pleased with both going on at the same time. I dont have time for all that:)

I'll be pissed if we don't get it because of fucking sparrow racing.

Found a couple articles citing that Bungie said Iron Banner is returning in December. http://www.gamezone.com/news/finall...ower-matters-in-destiny-s-iron-banner-3430306 Probably just a typo. Pardon their dust.

Let's cancel a monthly event that fits in their mmo-fps shooter for fucking racing.

I doubt we will get it when srl going on.

Actually id be none to pleased with both going on at the same time. I dont have time for all that:)

Not likely to happen. Especially since SRL doesn't have a tile in the Crucible section of the Director.

So the only way to access SRL is through the "weekly event" option on the top menu of the Director. This is also where Iron Banner normally goes. So I doubt Bungie would put in Iron Banner if the only way to access it would be through the Crucible Menu. The average person probably would have no idea it was even there.

Iron Banner will be on the 29th.

Edit: Pretty sure Bungie said IB would be back in December in a recent BWU.

Its usually the third week of the month. But it will most likely be the last week this time.

Well this is the 3rd week of the month, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15. (if you start on Bungie's weekly schedule of Tuesdays being the start of a week)

Next week is Christmas. Week after is New Years. lol.

I dunno, it just seems it would make more sense to have it this week than any other this month. But I understand. They want to force people to do their racing to get ridiculous 320 helmet drops. Or raid HM Oryx once a week for a chance. Seems like equal effort.

I was hoping they would mirror what they did in November. Avoid the holidays when people are traveling. Christmas and then New Years would suck.

A lot of people have vacation/holidays off between Xmas and New Years, so it's a good time for a heavily populated playlist

Assuming some Dbags don't fuck up PSN and XBL again this year for the fucking lulz...

LTWood12

So do you all expect any other wrinkles from the Oryx challenge other than 'different runner each cycle'? Do you think they'd also put in 'never let a bomb get eaten'?

So do you all expect any other wrinkles from the Oryx challenge other than 'different runner each cycle'? Do you think they'd also put in 'never let a bomb get eaten'?

Either are easy to deal with using the superior bottom bubble strategy :p Theres not a lot else they can do with it

The Force couldn't handle us on the same console. The prophecy is true. Balance has been restored.

I almost swapped to PS4. Then I purchased an Elite Controller. So nice.

I'm so tempted to get a Xim and an Elite the only issue is I'm on a Mac so it would also be a case of buying bootcamp/windows or a cheap PC

I'm loosing more and more faith in the different running each time. No real reason.

I'm now leaning towards 2 things.

1 - The Shade of Oryx has to be killed before all 6 people are teleported in.

2 - All 4 totems have to be activated each cycle (Including the one that isn't necessary under the relic spawn).

It's worth noting that the previous 2 challenges had something to do with information on the wipe screen, and the only supplemental info on Oryx's wipe screen is Ogres kill and Bombs detonated, so it's possible, maybe even likely that the challenge will revolved around the Ogres/Bombs.

chur

I'm only expecting it to be different runners. I'd like to see the bombs only drop from killing the knights though.

I never tilt when I'm playing in the Crucible. I used to, but I worked hard on getting a better mental outlook and I'm very chill. If I lose, I ask myself what I could have done better. Even if I'm getting outplayed by a guy 2x as good as me, there's always something I could do a little better.

Not so with Sparrow racing. Nothing makes me tilt and rage like Sparrow Racing. Winning is fun. Duking it out with 1 other guy is fun. It's not fun to be leading the entire time, get caught on an invisible piece of track and then be unable to get back up to speed in time to wind up in last place. Good luck coming back from that. A sweaty match with 4 other people bouncing you the fuck around and missing boost gates and getting knocked around is the absolute worst.

I almost think I'd enjoy a pure Time Attack mode more.

It's a weird mode. I hope it doesn't disappear entirely, but I'd be cool with it being a 1/quarter event.

Also, it badly needs another track. 2 tracks is too light. And I've played Venus 2x more than Mars. Because everything in this game is RNG.

LTWood12

I never tilt when I'm playing in the Crucible. I used to, but I worked hard on getting a better mental outlook and I'm very chill. If I lose, I ask myself what I could have done better. Even if I'm getting outplayed by a guy 2x as good as me, there's always something I could do a little better.

Not so with Sparrow racing. Nothing makes me tilt and rage like Sparrow Racing. Winning is fun. Duking it out with 1 other guy is fun. It's not fun to be leading the entire time, get caught on an invisible piece of track and then be unable to get back up to speed in time to wind up in last place. Good luck coming back from that. A sweaty match with 4 other people bouncing you the fuck around and missing boost gates and getting knocked around is the absolute worst.

It's a weird mode. I hope it doesn't disappear entirely, but I'd be cool with it being a 1/quarter event.

Also, it badly needs another track. 2 tracks is too light. And I've played Venus 2x more than Mars. Because everything in this game is RNG.

T-44 and I are currently texting strategy back and forth for tomorrow night. Assumption being that 'different runner everytime' is the challenge.

Namikaze1

It's gonna be different runners.

Previous challenges involved having different brand holders or everyone being gazers. Oryx CM is gonna be no different.

I'm assuming you have this issue with other racing games as well? It's probably just a Genre thing.

I can't play Fighting games or Arena/MOBA games because they make me an angry person.

It kills me that one of the games i love the most (Smash bros.) turns me into an absolute asshole. To the point that I can't enjoy myself, and sometimes take my anger out on my wife.

Thus, I don't play Smash any more. It sucks, but you have to know when to fold.

I'm assuming you have this issue with other racing games as well? It's probably just a Genre thing.

I can't play Fighting games or Arena/MOBA games because they make me an angry person.

It kills me that one of the games i love the most (Smash bros.) turns me into an absolute asshole. To the point that I can't enjoy myself, and sometimes take my anger out on my wife.

Thus, I don't play Smash any more. It sucks, but you have to know when to fold.

Last night I was playing Witcher 3 and Gwent also makes me spout profanity non-stop.

It's been a few years since I played a racing game. But when I did, it was all rally racing. I guess I don't like games where other people mess with what you're doing. Which may be why the exception to my no Tilt attitude in Crucible is Thorn. A primary with 100% proc rate DoT + Screen Effects + Sound was rage inducing. Worst design decision in the history of shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom