• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol doing the Taken champions alone on Earth for the Quest. WipedOut recommended using Ghorn and lol it actually works. Still the GOAT.

It really is. Solo'ed all 3 of the Earth champions today, with the help of an old friend. *sniff*

I was really hoping a new player on patrol would message and ask where I got my amazing weapon.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Besides being a way to help each other get the 3 first place races for the S Rank bounty and the obvious of having fun racing together, I'm curious what the benefit is of doing SRL trains.

Besides being a way to help each other get the 3 first place races for the S Rank bounty and the obvious of having fun racing together, I'm curious what the benefit is of doing SRL trains.

You don't have stupid randoms pushing and bumping you around, you can relax and don't have to be super serious about being in the lead, and just chill out in party chat and talk about the shitty loot and lame events.

On that note, 320 class item get!

bitsurugi

Not sure if/when I'll have the heart to farm an exotic sword. Tbh that sounds like something GRX might enjoy.

Hunter main is up to 286. Gonna do some more Strikes including NFall but otherwise I'm down for a Golgi challenge anytime.

Thanks so much. I'll be around awhile this morning (my time) and down for it anytime there's an understanding group.

Can help you (aka Graverobber :p) out on any of the above. Just send me a msg, when i am online. Should be home from work in a few hours.

Namikaze1

You don't have stupid randoms pushing and bumping you around, you can relax and don't have to be super serious about being in the lead, and just chill out in party chat and talk about the shitty loot and lame events.

On that note, 320 class item get!
Got any 320 helmets yet?

It really is. Solo'ed all 3 of the Earth champions today, with the help of an old friend. *sniff*

I was really hoping a new player on patrol would message and ask where I got my amazing weapon.

The Ghally will never fully die. It's the best rocket launcher to grace a fps. A year 2 version would be glorious but I don't see Bungie bringing it back :(

Btw driz, that redbull code work? I still should have one or two other tabs laying around somewhete if you need more.

Can help you (aka Graverobber :p) out on any of the above. Just send me a msg, when i am online. Should be home from work in a few hours.

Soonish I'll be running some strikes to work towards the NFall and that Vangaurd quest, see how much higher I can get in the meantime. We'd only need 2 more if me, you, ruthless, and Mr. E can all help. Maybe pull a couple from the racing squad, I bet we could do the challenge quickly.

If anybody's playing PvP today, even just normal crucible, I could do some bounties/leveling there (not likely but throwing it out there). I'll see how high Light I can get then go for some Trials runs later tonight. Depending on my gear and who's around to help, I could just do bounties or maybe try to christen Grave's first pilgrimage. We'll see how it goes, thanks!!

Deku Tree

Soonish I'll be running some strikes to work towards the NFall and that Vangaurd quest, see how much higher I can get in the meantime. We'd only need 2 more if me, you, ruthless, and Mr. E can all help. Maybe pull a couple from the racing squad, I bet we could do the challenge quickly.

If anybody's playing PvP today, even just normal crucible, I could do some bounties/leveling there (not likely but throwing it out there). I'll see how high Light I can get then go for some Trials runs later tonight. Depending on my gear and who's around to help, I could just do bounties or maybe try to christen Grave's first pilgrimage. We'll see how it goes, thanks!!

What is GRX gonna do in Destiny when he gets back if his characters are all leveled up and 315+ by then?

Deku Tree

This is a very good wipeout he fury tutorial video

http://youtu.be/IxzYkTralIA

42 min long. Wipeout is like sparrow racing in that you have side boosting, and boost pads, and your goal is go dodge things and go fast. If your good at wipeout you'll be very good at sparrow racing.

Watch it if you want to know the basics and you want to get better at sparrow racing.

WipedOut

This is a very good wipeout he fury tutorial video

http://youtu.be/IxzYkTralIA

42 min long. Wipeout is like sparrow racing in that you have side boosting, and boost pads, and your goal is go dodge things and go fast. If your good at wipeout you'll be very good at sparrow racing.

Watch it if you want to know the basics and you want to get better at sparrow racing.
Great, now I want to go out and grab a PS3 and play this again. I have it and all the original ps1 games.

Lol doing the Taken champions alone on Earth for the Quest. WipedOut recommended using Ghorn and lol it actually works. Still the GOAT.
Told ya! Puts Champions on super easy mode! Now imagine 6 of those going off at once back when TTK came out. We melted these guys on the 6 Man Venus patrol. Bungie, why do we still not have that yet? (6 man Patrol)

What is GRX gonna do in Destiny when he gets back if his characters are all leveled up and 315+ by then?

He won't be back for another ~3 months. Hopefully some things are different then, probably a light cap increase like you'd said. But the main reason is so when he does come back he'll be properly geared to play the content for himself. Instead of being carried (like me), or at the very least being under leveled which is never fun.

Bear in mind these were characters frozen in time from The Dark Below. Lv32, 144 light. Just getting the momentum to roll these guys into Year 2 is quite the undertaking, haha. Hunter and Titan are both Lv40, still haven't touched the Warlock.

I want to push my current main as far into the end game as fast as possible, which means Trials and HM KF today before weekly reset. Then I'd just need XP for the Warlock's 32-->40 push, high light weapons+ghost make the alt's progression so fast.

The Ghally will never fully die. It's the best rocket launcher to grace a fps. A year 2 version would be glorious but I don't see Bungie bringing it back :(

Btw driz, that redbull code work? I still should have one or two other tabs laying around somewhete if you need more.

Speaking of needing XP, the code worked perfectly! Thanks so much. If you still have extras I'll happily take another for the Warlock but only if possible lurkers, newbies, whoever don't want them. They're pretty pointless for end game players (like most regulars here) but super duper useful for leveling new/old characters.

Important edit: it's important to note lots of people have been really generous in supporting this "project."

Yeah i'm happy to help out with the raid for GRX's character in the next couple of hours..

Grind materials for his exotic swords and get all 9 exotic class items :p

Lnkn52

Alot of new people today, welcome

image.php

Just bought TTK (PS4)

did i make a horrible mistake

Welcome to DGAF.

If you're looking for friendly and competent people to play with, you've come to the right place.

Activity is low atm though due to holidays and most players having exhausted the current game content, but there are also new players coming in every day and some vets who help out with various end game activities.

If you haven't already, find an experienced player here who can help you level up if you want to do the refer-a-friend quest, since many players are looking to get that done.

Alot of new people today, welcome

Thanks. How do I Destiny?

Daemul

2nd 320 helmet got!!!! Now I can finally stop playing SRL!!!

full

I need to manage my vault again, it's filled up with so many fucking helmets.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

What I do best, farm until I can't farm anymore

ty i feel welcome :D

Oh Snap!; you playing it too now, Fuck need to get home ASAP!

Yeah i'm happy to help out with the raid for GRX's character in the next couple of hours..

Grind materials for his exotic swords and get all 9 exotic class items :p

ruthles knows me so so well!
👌💯👌💞

Deku Tree

Great, now I want to go out and grab a PS3 and play this again. I have it and all the original ps1 games.

Told ya! Puts Champions on super easy mode! Now imagine 6 of those going off at once back when TTK came out. We melted these guys on the 6 Man Venus patrol. Bungie, why do we still not have that yet? (6 man Patrol)

Yeah the sparrow racing has made me want another fast futuristic racing game, and the video makes me want to take my PS3 out of the closet and play some Wipeout HD/fury.

Sparrow racing is cool, but the dynamics is very limited and the tracks are bare bones compared to a Wipeout or an F-Zero.

To me still nothing has ever topped the track selection in F-Zero GX.

Deku Tree

Bought the $10 SRL book, instantly unlocked everything, sucks that I have to level up the perks to use them with this new armor set.

Especially the helmet! The perks really make a difference for high level racing...

Pulls a Kermit on Trance's characters

:p
(Leaves Against All Odds though)

Grave had an Against All Odds so I got to take that for another spin. Still use it in normal Crucible. In one game, I went all the way back for some Corrective Measure action. Although I did have to delete two of his three Fatebringers. Who keeps 3 FBs anyway? Kappa

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It's great, the people I met from DGAF are the only ones I'd trust with my account. Rather rare on the Internet.

This game just forces you to be social and build upon friendship
I mean once the core people started gelling it just branched out

It's awesome how a few trees created branches and those branches just kept branching with others
I mean I was a little late to the core team, but once I fit in, everyone had roles to play

I went from teaching destination materials farming nodes/chests, to being relic holder for almost every team, becoming checkpoint for VoG chest once others became busy, then swordbearer, and I never said no unless I was super busy or had scheduled somethingsomething prior
I would jump into random NF's for people that were 1/3 or 2/3; say need help?; most of the time they did

One time I forget who's NF I joined, I joined maybe 5 seconds before they wiped at the boss... Game registered me, so I saved them 35+ minutes of repeating it, they were really bummed but once they heard my voice, they were ecstatic
Cheesed the boss quick, got them their loot
Went on my way to jump and help someone else

WipedOut

Yeah the sparrow racing has made me want another fast futuristic racing game, and the video makes me want to take my PS3 out of the closet and play some Wipeout HD/fury.

Sparrow racing is cool, but the dynamics is very limited and the tracks are bare bones compared to a Wipeout or an F-Zero.

To me still nothing has ever topped the track selection in F-Zero GX.

Looks like used ones are going for $99, might have to go pick one up after sparrow racing has finished. Wish HD was playable on PS4.

When SRL first started I had no problem getting wins, but now everyone has more experience I literally can not win a game to complete my S license for the better sparrow!

I had this problem yesterday. Someone ( I believe Deku ) said that the matchmaking is based on your track times. If you are constantly second it's going to be impossible. If you are not going to win then stop just before the finish line, wait for the countdown to reach 2 seconds and finish in last. It should match make you with worse players. It worked for me yesterday. It may take a few tries.

I actually really enjoyed Trials Drifter. I personally rocked my Zhalo Supercell and Monte Carlo for two trips to the lighthouse and the no backup plans defender build a friend was using really shined. The linear hallways allowed him to suppress quite a few supers as well.

Just felt good to get away from the pulse meta for a bit.

Have Bungie said anything about changing SRL drops each week?
It's here for 3 weeks, so it makes sense to switch it out so you can get an entire set. Helmets this week, legs and arms this coming week, then chest piece on the 3rd week.

Whether this happens or not, Im going to try to get some 320 helmets today just in case they arent available tomorrow.

I actually really enjoyed Trials Drifter. I personally rocked my Zhalo Supercell and Monte Carlo for two trips to the lighthouse and the no backup plans defender build a friend was using really shined. The linear hallways allowed him to suppress quite a few supers as well.

Just felt good to get away from the pulse meta for a bit.

Fun things to do to get away from pulses: (1) Disc/Str NStalker, Sealed Grasps, Monte Carlo, (2) Triple Hard Light ricochet in tubes, (3) OG TLW+sniper BDance. Feels like there are more reasonably viable primary options than before, credit where credit is due I guess.

Deku Tree

Have Bungie said anything about changing SRL drops each week?
It's here for 3 weeks, so it makes sense to switch it out so you can get an entire set. Helmets this week, legs and arms this coming week, then chest piece on the 3rd week.

Whether this happens or not, Im going to try to get some 320 helmets today just in case they arent available tomorrow.

Only the helmets and the class items have light. I really hope they don't change it.

Deku Tree

It's really stupid that in SRL when your bunched up in a pack of 3-4 races the third and fourth have a much bigger boost gate than the 1-2.

I just want a set I can wear outside of SRL. I'm hoping legs, armor and chest pieces drop or go on sale with light somehow.

Not gonna happen IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom